Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
levir

favorite energy drinks

BlackFish said:

[BAWLS]

Too bad they're virtually nowhere these days. (besides the internet)

Bawls is the only energy drink I've ever had that after drinking a bottle I actually felt like I entered into a fight or flight mode energy high. It was actually kind of scary, I thought I was having a heart attack.

Black coffee in the morning, Orange Pekoe (with lemon) in the afternoon. And sometimes a gin & tonic in the evening.

Energy drinks generally taste like shit too me. Granted, I don't like Mtn. Dew either, but if I'm somewhere where the tap is free or a family get together with a cooler full, I'll generally drink as much as I can to see how sick I get and how bad I start to slur and type like a moron due to the caffeinated sugar rush. Why? Because I have nothing better to do usually at those kind of gatherings.

Nomad said:

Bawls is the only energy drink I've ever had that after drinking a bottle I actually felt like I entered into a fight or flight mode energy high. It was actually kind of scary, I thought I was having a heart attack.

Is the regular stuff different from the cherry stuff? I had the cherry one and it felt like it had much less caffeine than a cup of green tea usually does.

I don't drink strong coffee for exactly the reason you just described. Having my heart rate hit 180 while I was sitting around doing nothing was scary.

The problem with energy drinks is that if you don't work out straight after having them the energy turns into fat, and even then I'd rather not use them before I workout. Meh.

Oh and there's an article that's most likely true (or at the very least has enough truth to it to make me never want to drink energy drinks ever again) that circulated after a woman died after drinking multiple red bulls and not burning the energy they had given her.

http://www.diethealthandfitnessnews.com/red-bull-more-dangerous-than-you-think-stop-drinking.html

Honestly, if you don't abuse caffeine to begin with, even a few sips of an energy drink should be enough to wake you right up. If you can drink a whole can without feeling anything that may not be the best sign.

schwerpunk said:

Honestly, if you don't abuse caffeine to begin with, even a few sips of an energy drink should be enough to wake you right up. If you can drink a whole can without feeling anything that may not be the best sign.

It does depend on who you are too. People with ADHD are calmed by stimulants, for example. Where having a cigarette gives me an intense high I dislike, it lets them relax and removes the urge to [b]do something NOW[/ib]. Sometimes normal stimulants aren't anywhere near enough and thus you get people keeping themselves calm by taking things like Dexedrine, which is what the Americans were giving pilots in Afghanistan so they could manage 36-hour operations.

Mpower, Tiger, Black. Only as an eye-opener halfway through the workday when I've had too much to drink the night before.

Aliotroph? said:

Is the regular stuff different from the cherry stuff? I had the cherry one and it felt like it had much less caffeine than a cup of green tea usually does.

It's possible, I've had their root beer energy drink too and it did not have the same effect.

Jolt Cola when I can find it. If I really need a boost the Monster Irish Blend Coffee my go to drink.

I rarely drink energy drinks, but when I do it's most likely Full Throttle Blue Demon or Venom.
And usually said drinks are my emergancy wake up call.. When Coffee fails me that day. :S

Butthe 2 drinks I want to try are Brawndo and BAWLS.. BAWLS mainly as my family has several bottles up on collection, even if I dont like the taste (wehn I get it..) I'll keep the bottle.

5 hour energy's really work. there's a 7 hour energy drink called redline but I prefer the 5, since the 7 has worse side effects. it also tastes like shit and you have to drink more lol

-Amp Cherry, Grape & Sugar Free
-Monster Import (both low carb & regular), standard Monster Low Carb.
-Rip-It Grape Sugar Free, Rip-It Citrus

I really can't stand normal Bawls personally.

SUUURRRRRRGGGEEEEE!!!!

Aaaahhhahaha... but no, seriously, energy drinks are some bullshit and I keep away from them.

Mr. Chris said:

-Rip-It Grape Sugar Free, Rip-It Citrus

The only thing anything with sugar-free grape could ever cause me to "rip", is my pants as I blow a DMCHOSHO.

rf` said:

I want to call bullshit on at least 3/4 of that article.

Fear not, the ad at the bottom of the page offers you a better and certainly safer alternative![/sarcasm]

Hum… maybe water or shandy but no bullshit with a gazillion of coffee cups in it.

ducon said:

Hum… maybe water or shandy but no bullshit with a gazillion of coffee cups in it.

http://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database

Most energy drinks don't even come close to the caffeine content of some types of coffee. Red Bull is a tame 80 mg of caffeine, the same as a cup of good Italian Espresso, wheres most standard-issue, All-American filter coffees (eww) hover around 300-something if you drink all of it, unless of course you're talking about a caffeine additive like 5150 Juice.

But for coffee, in general, the more the coffee is brewed in contact with boiling water, the worse (higher) its caffeine content (and its DMCHOSHO-inducing properties, may I add).

Edit: LMAO I saw this and couldn't stop thinking about Sodaholic ΧD

I never noticed any effect from any energy drink. I rarely drink any, maybe I'll buy one every 3 or 4 months on impulse.

I can drink lots of coffee before I go to bed and not have any problems falling asleep.

Meh.

darkreaver said:

I never noticed any effect from any energy drink. I rarely drink any, maybe I'll buy one every 3 or 4 months on impulse.

I can drink lots of coffee before I go to bed and not have any problems falling asleep.

Meh.

I could have sworn that snake was green yesterday...

..maybe it was somewhere else

levir said:

I could have sworn that snake was green yesterday...

..maybe it was somewhere else

Lol indeed, the pic changed. This one was the one I originally linked to:

But they both perfectly convey the meaning of snaking.

I enjoy redbull once in a while, I'll have one probably once every 1-2 weeks. Most my energy comes from good old English tea!