Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

lets make a BAD megawad.

Bad levels? Eh, I probably have a few old, bad "experiment" levels lying around, collecting virtual dust. Perhaps I'll submit one or two of them, if you'd like.

obake said:

Bad levels? Eh, I probably have a few old, bad "experiment" levels lying around, collecting virtual dust. Perhaps I'll submit one or two of them, if you'd like.

ok, I am always interested.

j4rio said:

I think you may be going too far, j4rio. You're edging dangerously closely into Terrytory. Never go full Terry. /RDJ

Scypek2 & BaronOfStuff are hitting just the right note, IMHO. It has to be good but bad, ya know?

Realistically speaking, maps should not only have a reachable-through-standard-gameplay exit (no jumping/crouching bullshit), but generally be possible to 100% without any form of cheating.

In other words, the maps should play somewhat properly, but just look like absolute shit and feature some typical 'noob' errors such as:

• Horrendous sense of scaling.
  • Sudden texture/flat changes with no height difference.
  • Stuck monsters.
  • Lower/upper pegging/unpegging where it would look shit.
  • Awful texture alignment.
  • Random and unfitting 'boss' monster placement.
  • Mandatory damage (I fucking loathe this in any serious project).
  • Painfully long platform/lift rides.
  • Pointless rooms.
  • Terrible ammo/health balance.
  • HOMs
  • Medusa Effect
  • Inexplicable use of Schutzstaffel guys.
  • Inexplicable use of Wolfenstein textures.
  • Shallow pits of toxishit that cannot be escaped.
You know, the usual idiocy that can be found within the contents of the 1994 time capsule. Just don't go overboard and do all of the above; no map has ever been filled with that much shit.

BaronOfStuff said:

no map has ever been filled with that much shit.

some just seem to have some never seen before!

Flamen0d said:

Wow my map sucks so much no one even wants to talk about it on the "lets make a BAD megawad" thread...

because we are the only two still using 4shared...

Flamen0d said:

Wow my map sucks so much no one even wants to talk about it on the "lets make a BAD megawad" thread...

I know that feel bro. I must admit that I haven't seen it as well, but tomorrow I'm gonna review all of these already posted. And I expect others to comment others work as well, as now barely anyone is doing this. I wonder if somebody actually played what I uploaded.

schwerpunk said:

Scypek2 & BaronOfStuff are hitting just the right note, IMHO.

I'm not sure how to understand that, BaronOfStuff is doing the classic intentional flaws while I just ignore all the norms but keep the gameplay/looks okay (excluding total destruction and idiotic).

BaronOfStuff said:

the maps should (...) just look like absolute shit and feature some typical 'noob' errors

I don't see it that way. Using nazis and weird textures are just breaking out the standards and can be still quite enjoyable, while shit for the sake of shit is... shit. Not caring about good stuff is a save of energy while caring aboud bad stuff is a waste of energy. You know what I mean.

But if you would make a medusa effect in zdoom, that would be pro.

Flamen0d said:

its not that its that bad, its just the fact that I despise 4shared as it wants me to sign up for free shit.

mrthejoshmon said:

its not that its that bad, its just the fact that I despise 4shared as it wants me to sign up for free shit.

This, I gave up on downloading it. Sorry :P

Scypek2 said:

Okay, how about me? ;_; (review or i'll not give you bioshock infinity!)

wut? anyway I am actually still trying to beat the flow one (zdoom water thing) its starting to piss me off, but then I am playing vanilla style, I did like the one with the cacti and such, that was fun! the one with the lost souls at the start fucked me in the ass when those doors opened at the end of the corridoor, I was not expecting that.

http://wadhost.fathax.com/download.php?view.224

This is a level I just barely released. It occupies level 11 of Doom 2, and though it isn't terrible, it will still likely receive some pretty tough reviews. It does need to be in Zdoom in Hexen Format, though, which hopefully will work for this project.

The main complaint most people will have should be from the "new" monster, which I myself find fairly insane. The actions of these enemies are so heavily scripted, it's ridiculous, not to mention frustrating.

I already made a bad megawad, it's called, "maps that didn't make it into Doom Core" only it's about 18 levels and I never released it.

[EDIT] Actually, I guess it's not entirely Doom Core-rejected maps as a couple of them were also CC4 rejects and so forth.

cannonball said:

(YouTube link)

Wow that is hilariously bad haha! I'm almost tempted to make something bad just to contribute.

Here's my entry. It's my first comprehensible, completed map. It's not bad, just not good. May be a suitable MAP01 map due to its shortness.

They need to be troll levels for that.

But I would love a Mock 2: episode 1.

Urban Space Cowboy said:

Oh good, another joke wad of purposely-bad maps for ZDoom, just what the world needed.

Sincerity registered! Lets make it happen.

Wasn't there another Doomworld jokewad being made that was never finished? Why not jack all the maps from the aborted attempt and use them in this? I remember specifically a map where you enter a giant Cacodemons anus...

Here are my reviews of thingies!

Inside nyan's cat anos - that's one quality map! Extremely little, though. Good thing that the yellow key "trap" can be skipped so easily.

I would sacrifice my soul to be with these girls - WHOAH. If we will ever compile the final something, this MUST be in. Simple but genius.

kiiiCrap - rather small and simple, but I definitely like the shotgun shell ambush:) and the exit thing.

Whoa I'm in some room(...) - Yeah, the ending IS cool. Now add some beginning and middle to this level, as it doesn't seem to have any.

Baron's E1M1 Remake - Oh dude. It's too good to play. Fortunately, you provided no download.

simplydead - I'm not sure, apart from the new monster and floor, there's absolutely nothing special.

lets fap on chatroullette - Is it a map? I don't think it can be finished, I couldn't with Lite-amp and turbo, sorry. Maybe there's some piece of cool in it, but i think you crossed some line here.

mking - Well, it seems good. I mean, too good for here. The only bad things are the lightning and obnoxious music.

BEEJUS - Seriously? It sucks even for a bad map. But it inspired me.

Corrupted base - not as good-bad as the others, but I apperciate surprising traps and sensible ending.

And about Bioshock Infinite...

I once saw a tiling city floor and my first thought was "Columbia" :P

Nomad said:

Here's my entry. It's my first comprehensible, completed map. It's not bad, just not good. May be a suitable MAP01 map due to its shortness.

AH HA! I could use this as bait! a good looking first map like this then surprise them with the crap that comes after!

also:
submissions so far: