• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Slaughterfest 2012 demos [-complevel 9]

DSDA page aka sf12 // sf2012

old mod edit:

Spoiler

[MOD EDIT: Listen up, dawgettes. Post Slaughterfest 2012 demos here.

Some demos that do not play back with final version will require previous versions of wad to work. Which version to pick for playback of demos not working with final version is noted with corresponding post to which demo is attached.

Final Version
version D
version C
version B

As for demo naming, just use 'sf'.]

------------------------------------------------------------

Slaughterfest 2012 final version B Map 6 UV-Max in 3:58.

A pretty quick and rather solid run of this map. Not a whole lot that could have gone better honestly.

sf2-06-358.zip

Edited by Maribo

Hey. I've been entertained for some time by the amazing demos and maps you guys make, and I finally decided to start recording some demos of my own to at least contribute something :P So here's my try at SF2012 map 01 UV-Max. Sorry if it isn't in the right format or smth, tried to make it similar to the ones you guys post :)

[mod edit: version C]

sf2012-01-643.zip

neat, we should just suck it up and release that thing already, been itching to demo a few maps.

Nisuuh said:

Hey. I've been entertained for some time by the amazing demos and maps you guys make, and I finally decided to start recording some demos of my own to at least contribute something :P So here's my try at SF2012 map 01 UV-Max. Sorry if it isn't in the right format or smth, tried to make it similar to the ones you guys post :)

Nice to see new speedrunners, double nice to see a demo on a map of mine (of sorts)
You missed 4 pinkies (chaingun area)....
you have some good awareness of making good strategies. I would say the revenant horde behind the yellow/red key door would be handled better with rockets rather than plasma as the splash damage makes taking them out a lot quicker.
Also GrainOfSalt is giving this map an aesthetic overhaul so this demo will likely desync in the final released wad.
Note to Andy, this plays with sf2012c.wad

Thanks for the feedback Cannonball! Damn pinkies, thought they'd come to the starting area and died in infights since i got 100% kills, guess not :(

Also, felt like playing some more and did map02 too, hope I didn't spare any baddies this time >=) So, Uv-Max (attempt at least) of SF2012c map 02 in 8:35 in the attachment.

asdf, failed the textfile, edited that

sf2012-02-835.zip

Yay! How can you see the monster count in prboom? Wouldn't want to upload "failed" runs. And the wad seems great! No offense to the makers of sf2011, but the quality just seems a bit better this time. :>

you can use the advanced HUD that shows monsters/secrets left, time into the run, at the expense of ammo inventory information. Just zoom out a couple times, and mess around with the HUD style (F5, by default, iirc)

you can configure what the advanced HUD shows by going into:

options --> setup --> status-bar/HUD

TimeOfDeath said:

I'm just waiting on GoS's final graphics, but if people don't want to wait anymore then we can release it as is.

I'd say just do a version where everything besides map 1 is in finalized state, that way it'd be safe to record.

Finally managed to finish SF2012 Map 03. Even though this demo is slow and ugly, I'm so happy I landed a UV-Max on this map :P Time is 9:04.

sf2012-03-904.zip

Was so psyched that I had to do map 04 too! =) This demo is a bit better, but i still need to pick up the speed, I'm running maps too much step by step and it shows.

SF2012 Map 04 UV-Max in 6:48.

sf2012-04-648.zip

not bad memfis :)
probably should create a sf2012 demo thread as I suspect this wad will be pretty busy on the demo front. Or putting them in the sf2011 thread and generalising that thread like the community chest series

I'd say a new one, and move stuff from misc demos there. I wanted to make one but just waiting for a version with 11, 35 and dehacked change stuffed in. Also statusbar, I suppose. I'm too illiterate to do so myself.

Btw j4rio, when you play 29, please don't make a different version for glboom+. I just tried it with glboom+ and you can still totally see the cybers/rockets in the water hallways because of the solid walls. They shouldn't be any harder than prboom+. Plus you can see through the walls in glboom+. Consider it a gl feature.

I would definitely not have bothered anyway. I'll never be fond of .lmp compatibility being a higher priority than fixing potentially bugged map (as subtle as that bug can be) ideology though. Screw that.

Well you didn't make it impossible to pick BFG from nearby platform in 35 as well, despite that you said it's unintended. Nyaah. :p

sf2012, map35, uv-max in 57:25

a long ToD grindfest, pretty easy map, had fun recording this :)

definitely improvable by a lot though. I took things relatively slowly.

On a side note, should we merge these with the other thread and just have it be a "slaughterfest demos" thread, or just keep posting them here?

sf12_35_5725.zip