Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purist

Progressive Fiction (Hadephobia now on /idgames)

Jimmy91 said:

I think the "auto-send banks" were messing it up. I've done what I can to it and it at least plays in ZDoom now. :)

http://speedy.sh/x8RBF/D-ADRIAN.mid

Plays in XWE now too. :) Note to self ... check to make sure all music tracks play in xwe when testing wads ...

Maybe Jimmy91 could make a patch wad from this midi for zdoom users.

[fanfare]

I have re-downloaded h_phobia.zip from the link below and found that the file has now been updated to include the fixed DeHacked patch:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=17105

Hadephobia is therefore now officially released and can be considered stable provided nobody finds any game-breaking bugs.

Have at it!

[/fanfare]

Thanks for the hard work everyone has put into this whether you were a mapper, artist, musician, play tester or a combination of these.

It was definitely fun helping out with the music for this. :)
Looking at the comments for this just makes me wanna facepalm, though. Needs WolfSS?? Ugh. Oh well.

I think you forgot to credit the author of map35 (Grain of Salt?) in the readme files.

I'm quite happy that I could give the idea for this WAD. =) I think, everything went very well.

Thanks for making my idea real!

Memfis said:

I think you forgot to credit the author of map35 (Grain of Salt?) in the readme files.

You're right Memfis, must have been either because it was the last level added or because Grain of Salt does not have a map in the regular line up.

It's a bit annoying that it hasn't been noticed until after the official release and double unfair on GoS since I don't think there are CWILV graphics for maps 33 - 35 to credit him in either. He is credited as a mapper on the credit screen I believe but I don't think that's sufficient.

Ah well, should be easy to fix. Is it good /idgames form to upload just a readme file and ask for it to be replaced within the .zip or should I re-upload the full package? I assume that if I did this it would not desynch Springy's demos would it?

@Well-wishers: Thanks for the well-wishing!

I also hope that this gets picked for an upcoming DWclub as a lot of the mappers involved are still regular on the site. If it does I will provide some background info and thoughts on the maps as I know them pretty well by now :-)

Katamori said:

I'm quite happy that I could give the idea for this WAD. =) I think, everything went very well.

Thanks for making my idea real!

That was it for :)

purist said:

Is it good /idgames form to upload just a readme file and ask for it to be replaced within the .zip or should I re-upload the full package? I assume that if I did this it would not desynch Springy's demos would it?

I'm not sure but I think it's better to reupload the .zip with everything included.
Of course demos will not desynch from simply editing the txt file. :)

That Hadephobia image above is EPIC and I would use it as a wallpaper. Is there a big version of it?

I've been following this thread on and off for quite a while, great to see it finished. A shame my computer is having crash issues, means I cant really play it yet.

purist said:

A little bump as I have noticed Larzuk06 has started a UV max playthrough (not speedrun) of Hadephobia on YouTube. Those involved in this project or interested to see how to max the levels may like to view.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUVidTKdc0HoNjULirSdiaF8v-8JquyNI

He's done up to MAP05 as I type this, I hope he gets all the way through.

Thanks for finding my channel. I currently have two UV max speedruns of Hadephobia and have up to map 14 recorded for my normal play through. There shouldn't be any problems with getting all the way through. I hope no one minds that I upload only one map a day.

No problem with one a day, but it's good to hear that there are definitely more to come. I hope you're continuing your playthrough in enjoyment rather than a sense of duty :-)

I've seen your UV maxes, more of these would be welcome too. There hasn't been a great deal of demo activity so far.

purist said:

No problem with one a day, but it's good to hear that there are definitely more to come. I hope you're continuing your playthrough in enjoyment rather than a sense of duty :-)

I've seen your UV maxes, more of these would be welcome too. There hasn't been a great deal of demo activity so far.

I enjoy playing through most wads and recording it for others to watch. Once I have all the maps recorded, I will start to do some more demos.

Sorry for a double post but I found something wrong with MAP15 which makes it impossible to kill two enemies due to them not being able to teleport. In Doom Builder, linedef 3405 currently has the action 125 when it should be 126.

Thanks Larzuk, if there's anymore errors like that (prevent 100% kills/secrets or causes player to get stuck) please let me know and when you're finished I'll consider updating the WAD. I did want to make this the final version but there have not been many demos so it might not hurt to have one more revision.

Map 34 - Walkover crusher line 3241 does not work in prboom,prboom+,MBF and WinMBF due to a bug (oversight) with these ports. As such the "timed level" does not work. All other Boom compatible ports AFAIK have fixed this.

Map 22 - Sectors 228 and 309 do not open up once you walk over linedef 16 which makes 2 monsters impossible to kill.

Currently sectors 274 and 276 open up once you walk over linedef 16. Upon inspecting the issue, I noticed that sectors 274 and 276 raise from the floor to the ceiling. Sectors 228 and 309 are already at ceiling level and can't be raised anymore. They need to be set at floor level in order to work.

Edited to fix a typo.

Gah, always my maps as well! I will look at this one as well as MAP15 and possibly MAP34 after you've completed your playthrough.

purist said:

Gah, always my maps as well! I will look at this one as well as MAP15 and possibly MAP34 after you've completed your playthrough.

Sorry, I had a typo in my last post. I meant to say map 22 and not map 24 and I have edited to change it. I'll tell you of anymore errors if I find any once I finish recording the rest of the maps.

Sorry for the double post but I have completed and recorded all 32 main maps. I have found a couple more errors so I will make this a compilation post by including some of the previous ones I found, including the one by hawkwind. You should probably fix these now since some of them can or will cause problems with uv max demos.

-----

hawkwind said:

Map 34 - Walkover crusher line 3241 does not work in prboom,prboom+,MBF and WinMBF due to a bug (oversight) with these ports. As such the "timed level" does not work. All other Boom compatible ports AFAIK have fixed this.

As for the ones I have found...

Map 15 - Linedef 3405 currently has the action 125 when it should be 126 which makes it impossible to kill two enemies due to them not being able to teleport.

Map 22 - Sectors 228 and 309 do not open up once you walk over linedef 16 which makes two monsters impossible to kill.

Currently sectors 274 and 276 open up once you walk over linedef 16. Upon inspecting the issue, I noticed that sectors 274 and 276 raise from the floor to the ceiling. Sectors 228 and 309 are already at ceiling level and can't be raised anymore. They need to be set at floor level in order to work.

Map 24 - Sector 384 is classified as a secret and needs to have that sector effect taken away. This sector is impossible to get to without cheating.

Linedef 2134 has a misaligned GSTONE1 texture and should probably be fixed to look better. http://i.imgur.com/0fC30qE.jpg

Map 30 - In the multiple runs I've had with this level, at least with prboom+, it seems the monster chamber with sector 22 is causing some issues. Not all monsters are teleporting in the main area and seem to be getting caught in sector 22. I think they can't teleport because they are all trying to use the teleport linedef at the same time. The monsters in the area are not becoming alert to gun fire so they just stand there on top of that linedef. Also some of them are not moving despite that the floor scrolls. Not sure how to fix this one.

Map 33 - Sector 469 won't open up as it is tagged with 3 but has no linedef for it. It is currently impossible to progress anywhere besides the first few rooms of the map unless there is something I am not seeing. There may be some more errors in this map.

I get the following errors whenever I complete maps 33-35. This is when using prboom-plus-2.5.1.3.

Map 33: http://i.imgur.com/3w1sh63.jpg
Map 34: http://i.imgur.com/aa2SJYg.jpg
Map 35: http://i.imgur.com/lpWf8Wb.jpg

Larzuk said:

Map 24

Linedef 2134 has a misaligned GSTONE1 texture and should probably be fixed to look better. http://i.imgur.com/0fC30qE.jpg

Yes. Once that is fixed it might be worth checking to make sure that the texture on either side of lines 2134 and 2142 align correctly too.

Thanks for the reports. I'll fix these errors as soon as I can but may wait on uploading the new file until the DW MW club have finished playing through in case any other serious errors are found.

While I'm at it I might look into adding story text after intermissions like apparently is in H2P and Perdition's Gate. Anyone know how this is done?

purist said:

I might look into adding story text after intermissions like apparently is in H2P and Perdition's Gate. Anyone know how this is done?

Yes. WhackED4. If you can give me the relevant text intermissions I can do that for you if you wish.