Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

What's your favorite episode from How I Met Your Mother ?

Any fans here?
I can't deny that this show is taking a boring path in this season, however it's still one of my best TV shows of all time; so I wonder, what is your favorite episode so far?
Mine is "Blitzgiving".

The one where everyone dies from explosive dysentery (except maybe Alyson Hannigan - but she'd have to go back to Sunnydale).

I know that they haven't made that one yet but they haven't employed me as a writer yet either. :P

Anyway, some of the stuff that guy tells his kids is most definitely not age appropriate.

Deadlock.

Oh, sorry, you said "How I Met Your Mother"...

Funny, I never realized that there were people who actually watched that show. I see the trailers and just don't see how it could ever happen. I'd make a point of watching Enjay's episode though.

the one where chandler has sex with joey and then they all sit on a couch and penny says something stupid.

Knee Deep in the Dead

In prozacistan, How I met Your Mother is memetically administered prozac for normalfags in the matrix, helping them cope with their jobs at taco bell. It stars a banker so is probably propaganda from the federal reserve to create a mass of useful idiots that will be upset if people with pitchforks ever come after what they see as their beloved idiot Barney Stinson. In one episode they went around to burger joints and threw their burgers on the ground, having no respect for the factory farm animals their evil species enslaves. The "funny" main character gets all kinds of pussy supposedly, rubbing it in my face how I never get any, and how only normalfags are allowed to breed. This show uses the innovative business strategy of being horrible, so the hypnotized viewers will actually look forward to the commercials which is obviously the main point. They might as well have the soulless geico gecko with his deceptively innocent proper accent and bureaucracy of mandatory taxes masquerading as "insurance" be a character on the show. Fox 11 news uses a different strategy, putting the news right after seinfeld which is the least intolerable thing on tv to gravitate people toward their propaganda. They choose the shittiness/goodness of the seinfeld episodes based on whether they want you to watch the news or not. Like if something happens they want to sweep under the rug, they'll just play a rerun they played the previous day.

This is one of the missus' favourites and I quite like it too (OR MAYBE I GOT BRAINWASHED GGGMORK), although it's got a bit too soapy lately.

Best episode? I can't really pick any apart except Slapsgiving, so I guess that one.

darknation said:

got a rule - if an american sitcom has a laugh track then I won't watch it.

But what if it was videotaped in front of a live studio audience?

BAZINGAS

wait wrong show same shit I guess. I watched like two episodes of this while hung over on someone's couch. Watch is a very loose term. My brain was already temporarily fried so I was able to shove it all into there without complaining or caring. It is certainly not my style of comedy.

darknation said:

got a rule - if an american sitcom has a laugh track then I won't watch it.

Frasier - possibly the greatest sitcom ever wrought - had a laugh track.

WHAT SAY YOU NOW, SIR?

DoomUK said:

WHAT SAY YOU NOW, SIR?

See? We need a Frasier thread. Now that's be a party.

why the fuck would anyone ever watch frasier?

Even if you don't find it funny, you must at least concede that it's a cleverly written show.

DoomUK said:

WHAT SAY YOU NOW, SIR?

I say you haven't seen nearly enough comedy.

go watch psychovile or something, wash the taste of that american shit out of your mouth.

Psychovile series one was pretty good but the second series went too far into daft. I'd probably consider I'm Alan Partridge, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Peep Show and Brass Eye as my favourite comedies.

DoomUK said:

WHAT SAY YOU NOW, SIR?

Other hilarious shows with a laugh track: Seinfeld, Married With Children, That 70's Show(first 5 seasons).

How I Met Your Mother isn't very good from what I saw of a couple episodes, but it still is worlds better than The Big Bang Theory.

I haven't watched the show in ages, but Robin Sparkles did have a few good laughs in it.

Most laugh track shows over the past few years have been fairly dreadful, but I don't automatically discount a show merely because of the presence of one. I enjoy Seinfeld far too much for that. OTOH, comedic TV shows without a laugh track are far more consistently funny. I'll take Arrested Development over any TV comedy by a long shot.

purist said:

Psychovile series one was pretty good but the second series went too far into daft. I'd probably consider I'm Alan Partridge, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Peep Show and Brass Eye as my favourite comedies.

Psychovile, surprised a few on here have seen it, I watched and enjoyed the first series. Never watched the second one for some reason.
Never watched how I met your mother, but from what people have told me it's either very good or complete rubbish.
Stuff I enjoy i suppose, peep show, brass books, snuff box (yeah that's kind of different), inbetweeners when that was on and the IT crowd.
I also like a lot of older British comedy too.
I do like some american stuff. I can enjoy the big bang theory and futurama, oh and family from time to time.

cannonball said:

brass books

I wonder...

I myself did enjoy the Big Bang Theory, I actually get likened to Sheldon a lot of the time though the audience are so damn annoying. For example, someone walks in, and the audience decide it is appropriate to piss themselves laughing.

I prefer panel shows myself, specifically Mock the Week; QI; Have I Got News For You.

RANDOM TRIVIA: Jim Parsons, who plays Sheldon Cooper turns 40 in just over 2 weeks. Amazing, right?

Eris Falling said:

QI

QI is quality television. Especially when Phill Jupitus, Bill Bailey, Rich Hall, Sean Lock or Johnny Vegas are on the panel.