Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kristus

New Thief game.

i'm okay with less of the supernatural. i didn't enjoy the demons and ghosts and bugs as much as human guards, because it meant less thieving and more avoiding the baddies until you could backstab/sneak kill them.

i also enjoyed the thieves guild "politics" in thief3, so going for a complex scheming story is fine with me.

...but is still working on combat, trying to make it risky but enjoyable for players who want to pursue that path.

this makes me a little nervous though. i don't want to see any assassin's creed bullshit in my thief. i always liked that even common guards were better swordsmen than garret.

The player threw a bottle to distract the guards . . .

All hope may not be lost. Here's hoping the taffards get it at least partially right.

I'm sad to see the supernatural element going, as cool as the normal Thiefing missions were, the cycling between bizarre supernatural atmospheric (and sometimes frightening) levels and normal thief levels hit the spot for me and added diversity and stopped it from stagnating and kept me wondering what kind of mission I was going to do next. Wondering through foreboding cryptic tombs, haunted cathedrals, upside down rooms, lost cities was really cool, and wouldn't have been as much fun with normal enemies (or replaced with normal levels).

Being able to fight your way through thief shouldn't be an option IMO, what's the point of sneaking past someone if you could have more fun killing him? Unless you get side objectives that don't allow you to kill anyone like the other Thiefs did.

This doesn't look very promising to be honest.

PS: The mansion in the first Thief with the twisted upside down rooms is one of the best levels of all time. ;)

There's far too many realistic based games being made nowadays and they can be quite boring.

While the sequel was technically better, I still prefer the first the first Thief for it's world building, and missions like Down in the Bonehoard and The Haunted Cathedral played a big part of that.

Avoozl said:

There's far too many realistic based games being made nowadays and they can be quite boring.

Yes, all those modern games that focus on realism like ARMA, and uhh...

Realism is not the devil, and modern games can hardly be called realistic.

DooM_RO said:

This "focus mode" HAS to go away from games.

Eh, I'd say keep it but tie it to difficulty like Hitman Absolution did.

DooM_RO said:

This "focus mode" HAS to go away from games.

It's being made by the guys who made Deus Ex Human Revolution. In that game you could disable the tips if you wanted to.

I don't really care for Thief myself, but Eidos Montreal is definitely one of the best possible, currently operational studios to take on a project like this.