Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Egg

Switcheroom! Or, what if E1M1 was E3M1? (Release Candidate 3, aiming for whenever)

I'm very suprised e3m3 isn't taken and I could definitely start work on it later on today ;D

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the New Limbo.

I have to say, making this map was really enjoyable for me, so I hope playing it will be at least a bit enjoyable for you. Layout is based on E1M7, everything else is Limbo/E3.

http://speedy.sh/bMyXH/e1-3m7.wad
(sorry I forgot to zip it, just realised)

levir said:

I'm very suprised e3m3 isn't taken and I could definitely start work on it later on today ;D

Alright, but you'll have to specify what map you want to make in Episode 3's style first, either E2M3 or E4M3.

@scifista42: Finished playing through the map, very nice! I really liked the way you modified the layout, especially with how you integrated what used to be the outside secret into the actual layout.

Also, big shout out to Realm667 for putting this project on their front page! Thanks guys!

EDIT: Ah, totally forgot to comment on traversd's map too! I enjoyed it quite a bit, and I think it really suits E1M1... though I suppose I should wait first to see how E2M1 turns out before I start seriously considering what to do with the Warrens issue. (And I should wait for a few more poll results first as well.)

Hey guys. I know I'm kinda new here, but I'd like to claim E1M5 (E2M5 made in E1M5 style). Is that possible?

Fernito said:

Hey guys. I know I'm kinda new here, but I'd like to claim E1M5 (E2M5 made in E1M5 style). Is that possible?

NOOO!! haha, that is exactly the remake i thought of doing.

I'll claim E2M3: E1M3 then :D

Icytux said:

NOOO!! haha, that is exactly the remake i thought of doing.

I'll claim E2M3: E1M3 then :D

haha sorry mate, it's wasn't intentional! Actually, I meant to make E3M4 in E1 style in first place, but Saliva beat me to it by 1 hour! :P

@Fernito: Heh, I wanted the same slot too, just with E4M5 instead. But I forgive you :D

@Death Egg: Thank you. Now I would like to claim another slot. It seems that most people are (and will be) interested in E1 (both slots and model maps, you know what I mean), so for a change, I'll take E2M7 slot. If I understand right, I have to take E4M7 as a model. Well, I'll try.

I also want to say that I'm really looking forward to all maps submitted in this project, especially those E1 styled and E1 inspired. Keep up the good work everyone :)

@gothic: Really nice map. I like how our maps complement each other. I was afraid that we'll use the same ideas and therefore the maps will be too similar, but this as it is seems just right to me. (Well, I don't know about others, but I feel it was succesfull map-swap) I like how health and protection in your map is more limited, while ammo count is high, as opposed to original Limbo. This belongs to E1, so its good.

Hey, don't you want to reserve E4M7 slot, at least tentatively, so we can compare our forces once again? :)

scifista42 said:

@gothic: Really nice map. I like how our maps complement each other. I was afraid that we'll use the same ideas and therefore the maps will be too similar, but this as it is seems just right to me. (Well, I don't know about others, but I feel it was succesfull map-swap) I like how health and protection in your map is more limited, while ammo count is high, as opposed to original Limbo. This belongs to E1, so its good.

Hey, don't you want to reserve E4M7 slot, at least tentatively, so we can compare our forces once again? :)

Agree on all those points, another quality map!

And, I'd also have to agree with choosing the E4M7 (or another map) since, unfortunaetly, I'm going to have to say no to taking E2-3M3, since if that were to happen, E4M3 would end up being unchanged. :/ Sorry about that.

Death Egg said:
And, I'd also have to agree with choosing the E4M7 (or another map) since, unfortunaetly, I'm going to have to say no to taking E2-3M3, since if that were to happen, E4M3 would end up being unchanged. :/ Sorry about that.

wow, I didn't noticed that, well I'm ok with E2-4M7 then

A couple of shots from my E2-1M3

(taken with gzdoom but no worries, works in vanilla.)

here's a layout of my e1-4m2, worked this evening, miss only the red skull key maze (it will become a episode 1 computer maze instead of rocky maze of the original). Also added some monsters (misses some items and stuff) but i think that for tomorrow will be done.

I liked what you have so far, though I might suggest a bit more texture variation in the second half.

I'll claim E4M2 please.

EDIT: A small question, by claiming E4M2, shall I make E4M2 with the style of E3M2, or the opposite?

EDIT2: Just downloaded a map and found the answer to my question. So I'll claim E2M2 with the theme of E3M2.

Icytux said:

A couple of shots from my E2-1M3

(taken with gzdoom but no worries, works in vanilla.)

Wow, I really dig it! Good work.

Can one change the map flow, i.e. change a normal door to locked door or something?

Scypek2 said:

Can one the map flow, i.e. change a normal door to locked door or something?

I assumed you could do so :P I'm planning to add some key-locked doors to my E1-2M5 map.

@Flamen0d: Your map seems good, for example I like what you did in the middle corridor. But you should definitely do something with the start, because it's impossible on the first attempt. Me, and I believe most players, will on the first attempt use this strategy: Stay at the start and snipe all incoming monsters from there. What a surprise when more and more cacodemons come in and you only have a rocketlauncher. You lose too much health, so you finally run out and immediately get killed by hitscanners. Please remove some enemies from there, at least 2/3 of them. I also looked in your map in an editor and quickly found out you don't use deaf. Use it, then the monsters will activate only when seeing you and you won't have to add sound-blocking lines everywhere.

@C30N9: Just for an assurance: you actually mean you want to claim E3M2, right? Like this:

E3M2: E2M2 - C30N9
Thus remaking E2M2 in E3M2 style. Sorry, I don't want to offend you, just to be sure...

All screenshots look good :)

EDIT:

@Scypek2: take a look at my map and find the answer :)

scifista42 said:

@C30N9: Just for an assurance: you actually mean you want to claim E3M2, right? Like this:

E3M2: E2M2 - C30N9
Thus remaking E2M2 in E3M2 style. Sorry, I don't want to offend you, just to be sure...

Yes.

Scypek2 said:

Can one change the map flow, i.e. change a normal door to locked door or something?

Per the rules in th OP, you have some room to move I think, especially if it makes more sense for the episode style. Maps being changed to E1 for example one might remove some or all teleporters if practical.

Ok guys I've just finished the layout of the map. Only thing that needs to be done is monster placement.

A couple of questions before I finish the map:

1. It would be logical but nonetheless...Do the maps need to be Deathmatch/Coop compatible?

2. Can we choose the mapnames or are they going to be named after the original map?

3. What about difficulty? Does it need to be +/- the same as the original mapslots or can we spice things up a little, considering many players will use source ports?

So I almost finished e1m8 with e2 layout. Nothing special, given the map size, but still quite creative, I think. Will finish it today.

Saliva said:

Ok guys I've just finished the layout of the map. Only thing that needs to be done is monster placement.

A couple of questions before I finish the map:

1. It would be logical but nonetheless...Do the maps need to be Deathmatch/Coop compatible?

2. Can we choose the mapnames or are they going to be named after the original map?

3. What about difficulty? Does it need to be +/- the same as the original mapslots or can we spice things up a little, considering many players will use source ports?

1: I was aiming for that, yes.

2: It's alright to either use the original map name or come up with your own.

3: I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this... I mean, how many monsters are we talking that would require another source port? I'd say try to keep it roughly what the original game would've had.

@Scypek2 Good map. The space for to fight the Barons is a bit large, but I don't think there's much that could be done about that without drastically altering the layout.