Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Egg

City maps that are very large but have good layouts.

I'm making a arather large city map, and I'm not entirely sure how to go about it layout-wise. If I'm not careful, the map will end up having absolutely no direction, resulting in the player wandering aimlessly until he next finds the way to go. As such, I'd like to play through a couple of city maps as a reference of ways I could go about this. Note that I'm talking a lot larger than, say, Doom II's city maps, though obviously not as large as Planisphere 2. (Which from what I read was lacking in the gameplay department anyways.)

I took inspiration from Plutonia MAP29: Odyssey of Noises when making my city-like map for Hadephobia (MAP29: Dead Planet).

Off the top of my head:
doomcity
newcity
altier6
aboo5th
eternal map31
one of the later maps in herian2 (29?)
numerous maps in Vile Flesh

Community Chest 1 Map27 - Extremely nasty and tough map, even to Tatsurdcaocaco. And very limited ammo too.
Community Chest 2 Map15 - If you are patient enough, each 10 minutes groups of monsters teleport.
Community Chest 4 Map18 - Large and tough, there's no UV Max for this run in DSDA yet, but a playthough by Megasonic023(Nevan) in his youtube page as "Megasonic023".
Memento Mori 2 Map28 - Another city map, largest in this wad, consists of 2 areas.
Vile Flesh Map24 - Takes place inside a city as well, there's a bar inside this map, but beware of hitscans.
Vile Flesh Map27 - Dark and mysterious city map, very limited ammo throughout the whole map, unless you do the girding trick to get the ammos and weapons near the exit.
Both Plutonias(No PRCP) Map29s - Very nice city map, main problem probably unreachable monsters which only be killed by sniping.
Hell Revealed Map14 - Very tough map, lots of hitscans, especially from spiders and revenants.
Hell Revealed 2 Map19 - Very tough map also, very dangerous in the beginning, you need to fist lots of imps and a few archviles.

Memento Mori Map18 & Map28

Community Chest Map21

Eternal Doom Map26