Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
perkristian

Smoother weapon sprite animations - Released!

Minor bump, but for a good reason. :)

I have applied some tweaks to this awesome mod, and maybe some of you want to try it.

First variation is identical to PerK's release, just the previously bare fists now are covered with gloves.
Second version is the same, but all visible gloves are black now, like the ones the Doomguy is wearing on the game box cover art.

Download:
Original PerK animations mod with gloved fists
PerK animations mod with black gloves <-- Updated April 18

For this, I didn't use the recently released dehacked version but the one made for ZDoom/Doomsday/Eternity since it contains more frames and is better in general IMHO.

Credits:
- Per Kristian (of course, for the whole thing)
- IcyFreezy (from Skulltag forums, for his blakglov2.wad and the idea in general)
- NeuralStunner (from ZDoom forums, for the gloved fist graphics)

One of the shotgun frames for the black gloves version wasn't aligned properly, resulting in jerky animation. This is fixed now. If you have downloaded already, please get it again from the updated link above. Thanks to Sky Driver from ZDoom forums for finding this. :)

*UPDATE JANUARY 18, 2013*
> Zandronum support (new Plasma rifle code by Blox)
> Minor changes to the sprites themselves (three improved frames for the fist gloves).
> All weapons have been properly centered according to the Doom 2 Minor Sprite Fixing Project (by Revenant100). This should make both mods compatible to each other (provided you are using ZDoom or GZDoom).

Download here

Unfortunately, right now only the DECORATE for ZDoom/GZDoom has been updated to include the new BFG. If anyone can provide the code for the Doomsday/Eternity files which are currently in the wad, please feel free to PM me so I can add it.

Awesome stuff thanks to you and Perk!

Any chance of making a left handed version or ambidextrous to resemble original Doom? Kind of miss the left handedness of Doom guy's pistol and fist (I play left handed); I thought it was unique (almost every FPS is right handed).

I love your and per kristians hard work for these smooth weapon animations.
They really improve my doom experience :)

Just out of curiosity.
Any chance you could add a pk3 version with shell casings implemented?
I don't know how to edit and casings is the only thing i miss in vanilla.

Ty again.

Mr. Chris said:

Ah, left handed pistol is back. Perfect.

Somehow I also missed it so bad.

perkristian said:

Ok, here is a left handed pistol version of the smoother animations mod:
http://www.perkristian.net/misc/pk_weapports_-_left_handed_pistol.zip

This wad is based on the wad I link to in the first post in this thread.

Funny, The first thing I did when this thread started is that! (Flip pistol to make it left-handed again).
Nice to see that other people share my vision of DooM.

Holering said:

If only someone could make this work in Prboom-plus; chocolate-doom or Doom V1.9.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16674

Check it. (This isn't an april fools joke btw)

I haven't tried it on chocolate Doom though, the dehacked patch probably needs to be yanked out first.

zzzornbringer said:

i would probably get an orgasm if the shotgun had 100 frames per second. :)

Well, I'm already mentally satisfied by this sexy project - there is a spreading patch of sp*rm on surface of my brain...

40oz said:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16674

Check it. (This isn't an april fools joke btw)

I haven't tried it on chocolate Doom though, the dehacked patch probably needs to be yanked out first.

Any chance of fixing the bugs and merging PerkFixes.wad ( http://forum.zdoom.org/download/file.php?id=12923&sid=c0da068aad4944d5500b58b849c976b7 http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32628 ) with the left handed pistol pk_weapports.wad for a final version?

I tried runnning this in Chocolate Doom with the Dehacked patch extracted, though it crashes as soon as firing the pistol. Anyone know why?

Cire said:

I tried runnning this in Chocolate Doom with the Dehacked patch extracted, though it crashes as soon as firing the pistol. Anyone know why?

Because the wad isn't compatible with vanilla or chocolate doom in any way. You need zdoom or a zdoom-based port to run it.

That isn't true. The textfile clearly state that a Boom compatible port is enough.

Cire said:

That isn't true. The textfile clearly state that a Boom compatible port is enough.

The essence is that ports "simplier" than Boom don't support it.

I Think the only thing that keeps this from working in vanilla is that the DeHackEd is in Boom format instead of Doom 1.9. Anyone know how to convert it?

All links in the thread are broken, except the one from perkristian which is left handed version of the original mod.

Why is files.drdteam.org not working?

Also I do not have premision to access http://www.perkristian.net/misc/

I currently use pkphirsl.wad from Friday, ‎August ‎12, ‎2011, ‏‎11:05:05 AM.
is it the last version?

Here is a derivation of Per Kristian's excellent mod for Vanilla / demo fans:

pkanim-mc.zip

A set of patches that are demo compatible:

1. A DeHackEd patch for use with Vanilla / Chocolate Doom (Doom / Ultimate Doom only) using the unused Doom II states.
2. A BEX patch for use with prboom-plus using the MBF beta weapon / monster states.

Enjoy.

Edit: Link updated

marineController said:

Here is a derivation of Per Kristian's excellent mod for Vanilla / demo fans:

pkanim-mc.zip

A set of patches that are demo compatible:

1. A DeHackEd patch for use with Vanilla / Chocolate Doom (Doom / Ultimate Doom only) using the unused Doom II states.
2. A BEX patch for use with prboom-plus using the MBF beta weapon / monster states.

Enjoy.

Vanilla patch works but the Boom one does not. When you a fire a weapon, it disappears completely after running the frames of animation once and then it just hangs with Doomguy endlessly gritting his teeth.

joe-ilya said:

Sorry , but is this "beautiful doom"?

Gah, that'd been released for over two years by now AFAIK.