Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

JDoom and JHexen Problems

Hmm......I've had two big problems today:
Whenever I attempt to play JDoom using the Kicks.exe, it tells me I am missing a COMDLG32.OCX. I checked already and found that it is actually on this computer. When I try to run JDoom.exe using the .exe itself, it gives me the usual gay error of "Initialization of DrOpengl.dll failed." This is getting really frustrating.
2. JHexen. I have gotten it (finally!) to run, however I can get as far as the Select Character screen, and when I choose my character, the game crashes to Desktop.

Lastly, I got the Korax Mod to work. It's pretty fun, BUT IT DOESN'T ALLOW ANY CHEAT CODES!!!! This is highly irritating, especially when I keep getting lost in a level. The console might as well not exist, as it doesn't do anything cheat code wise or anything else-wise, for that matter.
So, is it possible to have cheat codes in Korax Mod AT ALL? If so, tell me what they are!
Thanks for your time and patience.

DooMBoy said:

Hmm......I've had two big problems today:
Whenever I attempt to play JDoom using the Kicks.exe, it tells me I am missing a COMDLG32.OCX. I checked already and found that it is actually on this computer. When I try to run JDoom.exe using the .exe itself, it gives me the usual gay error of "Initialization of DrOpengl.dll failed." This is getting really frustrating.

Update your video card's drivers. Make sure you have both of those files in the right folders. Barring that, yes, RTFM.

2. JHexen. I have gotten it (finally!) to run, however I can get as far as the Select Character screen, and when I choose my character, the game crashes to Desktop.

JHexen is a crashy bastard if you run it with Hexen 1.0. Upgrade to 1.1. Now.

So, is it possible to have cheat codes in Korax Mod AT ALL? If so, tell me what they are!

RTFM^2

I'm not a JDoom man dammit. That sounds like a .gwa problem. If you have 'em, delete them. See if that does it. It's bombing when it tries to load a level apparantly.

The Korax Mod also changes the cheats. Go through the console and list the commands, page up and down to scroll if you didn't know.

I believe it's 'fag' mode or something.

If you're competent with WadAuthor, open up map01 in Hexen. Select all, copy and paste to a new map. Now right click on the original (in the dead space), copy the scripts, and put them in your copy.

Now in your copy, add a little area with about 5000 of those wooden destructable trees (or as many as your CPU can handle).

Run around smashing them, you'll gain a ton of levels, it's good for building up your stats.

You can alter your strength/speed/mana-efficiency with those points you gain per level. Use the stats screen to spend them, otherwise, YOU NEVER USE THEM AND THEY ARE WASTED.

Jack up the fighter's strength so one ax without mana will kill an ettin. Jack up the cleric's mana-efficiency so the serpent staff is FREE.

That's if you're a cheating bitch of course, it's not like I ever did anything of this nature. ^.^