Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scypek2

Let's make a MAD megawad.

Lots of people wanted it, so... here it is. I'm starting another WOOO - hopefully even better (I think I can use that word?).

However, my idea for an ideal WOOO is slightly different. Instead of garbage, I'd prefer INSANE.
So:

* send your maps that no other project would accept!
* your old poor attempts will be OK, but making something intended to be crazy is highly encouraged.
* gameplay requirements: Zdoom compatible, possible (just physically) to complete.
* feel free to also contribute textures, music, DECORATE abominations, whatever.
* consider using the submitted non-map content (like decorate) in your own maps.
* it's Zdoom - MAYBE we will stop at 32 maps, but that depends of contributions!

And that's it. Contribue and have fun!

I'm first, I'm first!

This map contains lots of weird textures, sky patches, some midis (but I can consider others too), time-freezing Rape-o-sphere (15001) and what is seen on the screenshot.

Okay, now I don't know what to end this post with.
W O O O !

================== C O N T R I B U T I O N S ===================
(in chronological/thematical/random order)

Scypek - Happiness
cannonball - HAL's wet dream
schwerpunk - schwerp_MAD.wad
schwerpunk - schwerp_MAD2
Squdallah - Phobos anomaly HD
Obsidian - Taciturn it waterway, and an bearable buttonhole inadmissible it diplomatically of and contest expiration date enact to inoffensive woLf.
obake - Experiment in Monsters
Nixot - Dezert (and a bunch of midis)
Jimmy - The Floor Is Lava
years - Unwanted
Pcorf - Chong
Non-maps:
Cacowad - unblessed unzombie (Decorate)
Squadallah - omnomnom (some doodles)

Insane, eh? Sounds fun. I might shake something loose in this thread's direction.

Vaporizer: That looks good, but I wonder, is it MAD enough? Maybe fuck with the palette a bit? EDIT MUCH more mad; I like it.
Scypek2: I couldn't figure out how to get past the scrolling heads midtex... thing. EDIT: I just noticed your new avatar. Awesome. ^^

The titlepic made me laugh like hell, so it seems fine-ish to me. :P

Also, I'm making something called WALES.wad now. IT BEGINS

Is it okay if it's just really stupid? Not as in glitchy or anything, but a dumb map layout with dumb textures and dumb music.

schwerpunk said:

That looks good, but I wonder, is it MAD enough? Maybe fuck with the palette a bit?

Fucked if I know what I'm doing with this shit.

schwerpunk said:

Scypek2: I couldn't figure out how to get past the scrolling heads midtex... thing.

Crouching and jumping helps in zdoom maps :)

Scypek2 said:

Crouching and jumping helps in zdoom maps :)

Je refuse! *Lifts nose in air.*

Oh, alright, let's see if I can rejigger my bindings... If only to see what happens after the eye-cube...

ducon said:

Let’s make a sad megawad?

Now this would be interesting for the next project. Would be a lot more challenging, too, I imagine.

EDIT: Thank you Memfis for pointing out a bug that prevented the player from progressing, thus making the level unfinishable. Link has been updated.

Port: Chocolate Doom
IWAD: doom2.wad
custom anything: nuh
Link: schwerp_MAD.wad

It's like a slaughtermap, but with imps, and lots of nukage. Finishing the map is easy, but completing it is somewhat more difficult.

It's functionally complete, but I'm considering adding some teleporting monsters if people think it's still too easy on UV.

P.S. Erm, maybe that filename is too long for Chocodoom. Just change it if that's the case.

schwerpunk said:

but completing it is somewhat more difficult

Indeed it is: at the end spectre crosses a W1 teleport line and you get stuck in that room. :)

Memfis said:

Indeed it is: at the end spectre crosses a W1 teleport line and you get stuck in that room. :)

Oh wow, how did I miss that... Thanks for pointing it out to me. Fixed version has been uploaded (same link).

Xaser said:

Hell yes!

TimeOfDeath said:

Let's make a baaaad megawad.

done.

Or do you mean something sooo veeery baaad that it's worse than ever?

Scypek2 said:

Or do you mean something sooo veeery baaad that it's worse than ever?

I was talking about Xaser's screenshot. baaaaah :)

I am currently in the process of finishing one of my entries to this wad, but it might take a day or two. I'll be submitting two levels, btw; one is nearly finished (and should have been submitted to Wooo.wad, but it still works for this one, too.)

BaronOfStuff said:

powerglove.wad

It's so bad.

I'm imagining something like Slough of Despair, hehe. Sounds great.

Still working on schwerp_MAD2. It's a blatant key and switch hunt, with lots of close-quarters fighting using the rocket launcher as the primary weapon. Muahahahaaa!

entrance