Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matthew

Commercials

Ah, commercials...
They made us pester our parents until they buy what it's advertising. Two weeks later, we would be so excited, we could explode. Then, we saw that package on our porch, and we would be so excited. We would have hours of fun until it broke after a few days...

Commercials back when where fun, and inventive, and sometimes funny. Back then, commercials did what they need to do, advertise the product, and show what it does.

Now, commercials seem like they're all written by the same asshole. Trying too hard to be funny, rarely actually explains the product, and they're not enjoyable anymore...

I'm not saying that they were potentially enjoyable in the 80's - 90's, but they were funnier than this shit.

Leave your most hated ad below! Mine is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAIqwTHXjuQ

The one where the guy says, "I'm fluent in three sections, actually." I'm not going to link to it.

One guy once said of him, "Let's hope one of them is 'nursing a knife wound'."

Best commercial:

Greek Gay and Vampire trucker ads

For the record, trucker associations bitched and moaned and acted all butthurt about the ads, sueing the advertising company to take them down, but the courts ruled that the ads are "obviously humorous and not truly insulting".

Heh. One Finnish telecom company made few ads of their quality 3G network (? Don't remember accurately but something like that), where four women dressed as girl scouts and one fat guy as a leader, got "lost" but with laptop one woman had and the company's wireless internet connection, they had schedule.
Apparently, some people really took offense about that ad and started to bitch about that, so company cancelled the ad, due to amount of black humor. Start figuring that "lost" part thoroughly, and you might understand. :P

Nowadays, I don't watch TV as much as before, so can't say nothing about quality.

Kontra Kommando said:

If not the most annoying, infectious commercial song ever; it's a top contender. 877 393 4 4 4 8!!!

There was this vic's vapour drops commercial based in a hardware store but I can't seem to find it on youtube unfortunately.

Where I live there is nothing and nobody more annoying than the City Ford Lady. She has been on commercials on TV and radio for decades. Here she is in an ancient commercial, completely blowing apart Matthew's assertion that commercials were somehow less annoying in the 90s. The rest of the commercial is annoying too. The ones that follow are less bad.

Rather than annoy people with ads I can't stand (I'd be here all night), here's a few of my favourites:

And I can't let a thread like this slide without this spoof one from Crazy People: