Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

Lost Level Updater Version 1.0
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9xj9fzds9gy43su

Here's an idea I had to easily add newly released maps to a new Lost levels episode, it also configures a ZMAPINFO file so they can be played in order. However some of the wads have internal ZMAPINFO lumps which need to be removed with a wad editor like Slade3 or they won't load. It works out of PSXLost.PK3 so no modification is done to the main PSXDoom.PK3

When you download the maps rename them to LOSTXX in order they appear on the map list in the download page.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/57957-psx-doom-final-doom-tc-version-2-1-now-released/1/
So Forsaken Keep would be LOST01.WAD and Dis LOST03.WAD etc....
Then Place them in the Map folder provided before running the UpdateLostLevels.bat.

fenderc01 said:

I am now hosting all of the files in one place:

http://www.mediafire.com/psxdoomtc

Added this to the first post, as it seems like a good page for anyone who is coming to this topic via a google search to find all the essential files in one place. Keep up the good work everyone!

The releases from these last few posts the official most up-to-date versions of this mod? Or is there another version coming shortly?

How do I load save games from version 2.0?

I'm using 2.1 but I get an error saying "This save game needs these wads: PSXDOOM2.0.PK3"

EDIT:

I renamed the new version to PSXDOOM2.0.pk3 and I can load save games now. This doesn't solve the issue; heh.

Holering said:

How do I load save games from version 2.0?

I don't know if you can. You could just recreate the save manually by using cheats to warp to the map you were on and add the weapons and ammo you had before.

mrthejoshmon said:

I was wondering, when the lost levels and main TC are finished would you ever be planning on creating a PSX pwad?

I think the plan is to create an add-on with all of the new maps that works on top of the existing maps.

fenderc01 said:

I think the plan is to create an add-on with all of the new maps that works on top of the existing maps.

oh, ok, I am looking forwards to the lost levels :)

Anyone know how I would go about loading PWADs into the PSX Doom TC so that the lighting works as intended rather than at the maps' actual lighting levels, which are significantly darker than regular Doom?

Ah, that got things working. Thanks.

So, I got a little experiment map here for the PSX TC but so far it's pretty much just hilariously bad. Being new to this kind of stuff, however, I really don't know what can be done to fix it. I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to tell me how I can improve the areas that I have "PSX-ified" so to speak?

Link: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/zxwOvtE_Sf/e1m1.zip

Level is MAP01.

You know what I want to see? The developers of this TC make some brand new secret levels for the Final Doom segment, in the same way that the original developers made new levels for the game.

I would like to see a whole new wad called PSX Doom Lost Levels released by itself with it's own menus and everything.

With gzdoom 1.7.1 (r1527m) "a secret is revealed!" sound plays in secret areas even though the message is disabled (using psxdoom 2.13 psxdoom.cfg).

Here's the strings in the psxdoom.cfg being used:

AM_SHOWSECRETS "FALSE"
SECRETMESSAGE ""
SHOW_OBITUARIES "FALSE"

Holering said:

With gzdoom 1.7.1 (r1527m) "a secret is revealed!" sound plays in secret areas even though the message is disabled (using psxdoom 2.13 psxdoom.cfg).

Make sure you are using the latest version of everything. If you still have the problem, start with a clean folder and install everything to that folder. I tested from a clean install and was not able to replicate the problem you described.

am_showsecrets is a boolean value. It should be true or false without quotes.

am_showsecrets also concerns whether the automap shows a count of secrets found. (Except with the alternate HUD, which never shows counts on the automap.) It has no influence on the "secret revealed" message.

The sound that is played is the one defined in SNDINFO as being "misc/secret". By default, this corresponds to the DSSECRET lump, which is found in [g]zdoom.pk3. You can erase it by redefining it in another SNDINFO lump (for example, reassociating it to DSEMPTY will make it silent) or by replacing the sound lump.

The message displayed is the string contained in the CVAR secretmessage. So with that config, the message will indeed not be shown. The sound, however, is a separate issue.

show_obituaries is something entirely unrelated altogether; but as a boolean rather than a string, it too shouldn't have quotation marks.

I've finished a system using LOADACS, a Decorate item, and a check in SBARINFO that will change the status bar to Final Doom's if it's in one of the Final Doom episodes (MAPINFO cluster 3). This way, the Final Doom hud can be implemented into the base PK3 without being an addon WAD (and is a bit more authentic too). Also works with multiplayer and respawning. The different loading/pause graphics are a different story, though...

I've also edited the graphics for the Final Doom hud so that it looks proper in multiplayer (yes, this also means fixing the 1 pixel offset for the 'FRAGS' graphic, but you can revert that easily if you want to be that "authentic")

BEFORE: http://i.imgur.com/R7fI3U9.png

AFTER: http://i.imgur.com/G4qq3W0.png

I've also made other changes (geared for widescreen) but those are in a separate WAD. It makes the titlescreen fire tile once more to the right and left, so that it doesn't look letterboxed in widescreen modes. I did the same modifications to the status bar.

Title: http://imgur.com/Oltz0VO,5tJEKUG#1
Status bar: http://imgur.com/Oltz0VO,5tJEKUG

Also, I'd argue that ideally the status bars shouldn't be squashed like they are, even though it matches with PSX Doom that way. PSX Doom completely ignores the aspect ratio issue, which is something GZDoom doesn't do, so it's already different. Here's what it would look like if the status bar was drawn with square pixels (which match DOS Doom's ingame proportions with tall pixels) instead of short pixels
http://imgur.com/akjMQEN

If you want any of these three changes I'll link them, but for now I'll find a place to upload them.

DOS Doom's proportions have tall pixels, not short pixels. (Height is 120% of width; because 200 pixels are stretched to occupy the space of 240 pixels).

Exactly, and PSX Doom does not do this. The problem with that is that Doom's graphics were designed with the stretching in mind. In PSX Doom, the graphics for the player face for example were vertically stretched since the game isn't globally being stretched anymore. The TC is displaying the HUD with SHORT pixels, which make the proportions match with, say, Doom95 in 640x480.

See http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio

What I'm arguing is that the TC should render the hud with square pixels (HUD resolution 256x192 instead of 256x240) because then it matches DOS Doom's tall pixels.

Aspect ratio stuff has never bothered me too much, I did consider making a fullscreen HUD status bar that would have the correct ratio rather than being stretched, but it fell to the side and I kind of forgot about it.

Well whether or not you want to fix that, here's my updated PSXFDHUD.pk3 to fix the FRAGS issue/auto-select it when playing a Final Doom episode (that way if you decide to add it to the base PK3 the mod can have both status bars at once)

http://www.mediafire.com/?9tuaq5z48574m34

If you want to fix the HUD ratio, just change the SBARINFO resolution's height from 240 (short pixels) to 192 (square pixels), then subtract 48 from each graphic's y value

Hello there, this is a super awesome conversion of the Playstation Doom, I have ran into problems with this version, however. The elevator to the sewer area after the Cyberdemon area on Onslaught goes up instead of instantly down, the switch in the cross in the middle of the square in The Factory doesn't work. The same problems occur in the bottom right corner part of the Citadel and last but not at least the switch which calls the elevator near the teleporter that takes you outside at The Abandoned Mines. Just thought I'd point these out. :)

MG_Man said:

I've finished a system using LOADACS

Just a question, what does your psxdoom.bat look like? Your game looks like the actual playstation version while mine is much darker.

I've just got the default settings. Standard lighting mode. No gamma changes.

I got permission from the creator to port this mod over to Zandronum and I have seem to run into a problem with the hud, everything else works fine but the hud doesn't seem to load instead I get nothing but a hall of mirrors effect with it. It only seems to work when I set the y coordinates to the default hud's but this makes it look very small and squished up. I'm thinking it's cause Zandronum doesn't use the version of ZDoom that allows you to use "Resolution" in the SBARINFO file

Here is a pic of the problem:

Here's the SBARINFO file:

// PSX Doom status bar recreation by Dragonsbrethren
Height 32;
MonospaceFonts true, "0";

MugShot "XDeath"
{
	EXP0 4;
	EXP1 4;
	EXP2 4;
	EXP3 4;
	EXP4 4;
	NULL -1;
}

StatusBar Normal
{
	DrawImage "HUDBAR", 0, 208;

DrawNumber 3, BIGFONT, Untranslated, Ammo1, 39, 212;
	DrawNumber 3, BIGFONT, Untranslated, Health, 82, 212;
	DrawNumber 3, BIGFONT, Untranslated, Armor, 179, 212;

/* PSX Doom has "combined" key icons in multiplayer by displaying the skulls
		on top of the cards */
	DrawSwitchableImage keyslot 1, "", "HUDKEYS2", 100, 212;
	DrawSwitchableImage keyslot 2, "", "HUDKEYS0", 100, 220;
	DrawSwitchableImage keyslot 3, "", "HUDKEYS1", 100, 228;

DrawSwitchableImage keyslot 4, "", "HUDKEYS5", 102, 212;
	DrawSwitchableImage keyslot 5, "", "HUDKEYS3", 102, 220;
	DrawSwitchableImage keyslot 6, "", "HUDKEYS4", 102, 228;

DrawMugshot 5, XDeathFace, 118, 210;

GameMode deathmatch, teamgame
	{
		/* Offsets guessed from YouTube video - the "FRAG" text is not lined up
			with the other status bar text for some reason */
		DrawImage "HUDFRAG", 208, 229;

DrawNumber 3, BIGFONT, Untranslated, Frags, 234, 212;
	}

GameMode cooperative, singleplayer
	{
		DrawImage "HUDARMS", 200, 213;

/* Acquired weapons are drawn based on their inventory item rather than
			slots - this is so the slots don't need to be shifted from their PC
			defaults to replicate the PSX bar's numbering. */
		DrawSwitchableImage PSXShotgun,			"", "HUDNUM3", 230, 215;
		DrawSwitchableImage PSXSuperShotgun,	"", "HUDNUM4", 243, 215;
		DrawSwitchableImage PSXChaingun,		"", "HUDNUM5", 204, 227;
		DrawSwitchableImage PSXRocketLauncher,	"", "HUDNUM6", 217, 227;
		DrawSwitchableImage PSXPlasmaRifle,		"", "HUDNUM7", 230, 227;
		DrawSwitchableImage PSXBFG9000,			"", "HUDNUM8", 243, 227;

// Handles drawing the box around the selected weapon.
		IsSelected PSXFist, PSXChainsaw
		{
			DrawImage "HUDWEAP", 199, 212;
		}
		IsSelected PSXPistol
		{
			DrawImage "HUDWEAP", 212, 212;
		}
		IsSelected PSXShotgun
		{
			DrawImage "HUDWEAP", 225, 212;
		}
		IsSelected PSXSuperShotgun
		{
			DrawImage "HUDWEAP", 238, 212;
		}
		IsSelected PSXChaingun
		{
			DrawImage "HUDWEAP", 199, 224;
		}
		IsSelected PSXRocketLauncher
		{
			DrawImage "HUDWEAP", 212, 224;
		}
		IsSelected PSXPlasmaRifle
		{
			DrawImage "HUDWEAP", 225, 224;
		}
		IsSelected PSXBFG9000
		{
			DrawImage "HUDWEAP", 238, 224;
		}
	}
}

// ZDoom's fullscreen HUD with the PSX font.
statusbar fullscreen, fullscreenoffsets
{
	drawimage "MEDIA0", 20, -2, centerbottom;
	drawnumber 2147483647, BIGFONT, untranslated, health, drawshadow, 73, -20;

drawimage armoricon, 20, -24, centerbottom;
	drawnumber 2147483647, BIGFONT, untranslated, armor, drawshadow, whennotzero, 73, -39;

drawimage ammoicon1, -14, -4, centerbottom;
	drawnumber 2147483647, BIGFONT, untranslated, ammo1, drawshadow, -25, -20;

usesammo
	{
		usessecondaryammo
		{
			drawimage ammoicon2, -14, -22, centerbottom;
			drawnumber 2147483647, BIGFONT, untranslated, ammo2, drawshadow, -25, -38;
			inventorybarnotvisible
			{
				drawselectedinventory centerbottom, drawshadow, alwaysshowcounter, BIGFONT, -14, -39, -26, -56, untranslated;
			}
		}
		usessecondaryammo not
		{
			inventorybarnotvisible
			{
				drawselectedinventory centerbottom, drawshadow, alwaysshowcounter, BIGFONT, -14, -21, -26, -38, untranslated;
			}
		}
	}
	usesammo not
	{
		inventorybarnotvisible
		{
			drawselectedinventory centerbottom, drawshadow, alwaysshowcounter, BIGFONT, -14, -3, -26, -20, untranslated;
		}
	}

gamemode deathmatch
	{
		drawnumber 2147483647, BIGFONT, untranslated, frags, drawshadow, -3, 1;
	}
	gamemode singleplayer, cooperative, teamgame
	{
		drawkeybar 100, vertical, reverserows, auto, -12, 2, 0, 3, 12;
	}
}

You could scale up the HUD graphics so they're the same at 320x200. Use TEXTURES for this so you don't lose quality/have to edit the graphics individually.

The graphics are normally made for 256x192 screen resolution, so you'll have to make the XScale 0.8 and the YScale 0.96 for each HUD graphic. Do this and then adjust SBARINFO to be designed for a 320x200 resolution (like Doom's regular status bar) and it should look fine.

It'll still look taller than the regular mod does, but that's because the regular mod renders it too short. So don't worry about that.

It won't break when Zandronum gets the SBARINFO resolution feature, either, as long as you make sure you leave that line out of the file.

MG_Man said:

You could scale up the HUD graphics so they're the same at 320x200. Use TEXTURES for this so you don't lose quality/have to edit the graphics individually.

The graphics are normally made for 256x192 screen resolution, so you'll have to make the XScale 0.8333 and the YScale 0.96 for each HUD graphic. Do this and then adjust SBARINFO to be designed for a 320x200 resolution (like Doom's regular status bar) and it should look fine.

It'll still look taller than the regular mod does, but that's because the regular mod renders it too short. So don't worry about that.

It won't break when Zandronum gets the SBARINFO resolution feature, either, as long as you make sure you leave that line out of the file.

Hmm I'm alittle new with editing huds and using TEXTURES in ZDoom based ports, but I'm guessing I'd do it like this?

Texture PSXHUDBAR, 0, 208
{
	XScale 0.8333
	YScale 0.96
	Graphic HUDBAR, 0, 0
}

Texture PSXHUDKEYS2, 100, 212
{
	XScale 0.8333
	YScale 0.96
	Graphic HUDKEYS2, 0, 0
}

Yes. Replace "Texture" with "Graphic" since that's what they are. Make sure to scale the number graphics and HUD face graphics, too.

For width and height use the original graphic's width and height. They'll be scaled in-engine with the new values. HUDBAR is 256x40, so the first entry would be

Graphic PSHUDBAR, 256, 40
{
	XScale 0.8
	YScale 0.96
        Graphic HUDBAR, 0, 0
}
Make sure your SBARINFO uses the new scaled graphic's names. I think the new names have to be less than 8 characters, too, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure if you can just make it use the same name as the original or not, but you can try, that way you wouldn't have to use a different set of names.

In your SBARINFO you'll have to adjust the offset of everything, because any x-value over 320 and any y-value over 200 will be rendered off-screen. Make the offset of HUDBAR 0, 167 and work from there. Make the SBARINFO height 33 because the bar will be 1px taller.

Also, I was wrong. XScale should be 0.8, not .83333.

As a side note, since this will be a Zandronum port you might want to fix the "FRAGS" text offset since it's 1px off. The mod keeps this behavior from the original game, even though I'd argue it's an oversight. It looks bad though so you should fix it.