Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tauren1991

Doom Save the Earth Wad

Hello guys!

I'm new here, but I want to share with you my wad. I created for two-three years, just as I have time. I still do it, and this wad only Beta version. And besides that I'm making bigger or smaller projects, and I should care about my life too.
I hope you like it!

(Zandronum, GZDoom, "ZDoom") use OpenGL

How to begin:
"The Earth danger again! The demons cam back from hell and they want to destroy the human race. Flynn Taggart went to re-quest to save mandkind and the Earth."
They took you to Comubia coast, and try you go fast to the Panama UAC spaceport!

WARNING!
The skills are edited!
1. EASY - SINGLE
2. NORMAL - SINGLE
3. HARD - COOP 2-4 (and for pro players if you want play single)
4. VERY HARD - COOP 5-8 (and for epic pro players if you want play single)
5. NIGHTMARE - EPIC COOP (and for epic pro players if you want play single)

THE NEW 4.2 VERSION IS NOW AVAILABLE:
Download link:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B508W3FqkPVvVU5laWhXNFdvbDA/edit?usp=sharing

Few videos:

Map05: Panama - Puerto Pina's Harbour (Remake):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slmldVmJCH8&list=UUQwMpUKr26boMPslGMYlxGQ&index=2

MAP10: Miraflores Checkpoint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJzmk871OxM&list=UUQwMpUKr26boMPslGMYlxGQ&index=17

Save the Earth Wad Developments 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufkk8yDO49U&list=UUQwMpUKr26boMPslGMYlxGQ&index=3

Gameplay was very hard at most places, but then again I played on UV. Might have to see how other difficulties are.
The maps... Well, I'd suggest replacing/removing completely the maps that are blatant Doom2/TNT/Doom1 edits because that's not exactly what you'd call legal. Same applies to some of those MP3s, however I found most of them really good! The music kept me going on in most of the maps, and I have a soft spot for new monsters so that's also good.

But was it really necessary to have like five different types of Imps and Cacodemons? Some of the monsters also have much more HP and are more powerful than what they're supposed to be (Read: Enhanced Cacodemons), making them incredibly tough given the locations they are presented at.

Overall this is not bad at all, just needs some adjustments on gameplay and some maps should have their copied areas replaced.

Up until the three minute mark in the MAP05 video, the level looks very much like something created by a beginner - barely any non-90 degree angles, lack of height variation, cut-off door textures, etc. After that, however, the map improves dramatically, with angles and ledges suddenly putting in an appearance. The outdoor area looks especially nice :).

My advice would be to revamp those first few areas a bit (add some 22 or 45 degree angles to the corridors, for example), and also spend a bit more time aligning textures - there are plenty of misalignments on both the horizontal and vertical axis.

Also, you may also want to consider darkening things a bit; I suspect reducing the light level by 16 or even 32 in some places would help improve the atmosphere.

Thanks for helping me!

I'll take your advice and I'll do what I can!
I'm glad you liked it!
Anyway, just there are so many monsters, and so difficult to play because it invented cooperative wad.

And a lot of people liked the feeling "AOED". :)
I think my wad will be varied, difficult and not boring. I will also work on these, especially on maps!

Ven said:

Gameplay was very hard at most places, but then again I played on UV. Might have to see how other difficulties are.
The maps... Well, I'd suggest replacing/removing completely the maps that are blatant Doom2/TNT/Doom1 edits because that's not exactly what you'd call legal. Same applies to some of those MP3s, however I found most of them really good! The music kept me going on in most of the maps, and I have a soft spot for new monsters so that's also good.

But was it really necessary to have like five different types of Imps and Cacodemons? Some of the monsters also have much more HP and are more powerful than what they're supposed to be (Read: Enhanced Cacodemons), making them incredibly tough given the locations they are presented at.

Overall this is not bad at all, just needs some adjustments on gameplay and some maps should have their copied areas replaced.

Just because he remade some maps from original Doom levels, as long as he credits it, there's no problem. (Prove me If I'am wrong)

I hate to be a buzz kill, but it looks like you simply re-used my Map03 submission for the NDCP community project, precisely starting at 3:12 in your first video, as seen here:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=14102

If you're going to re-use my level, at least acknowledge it in the credits. Passing off someone else's work as your own is not advised.

Dittohead

Easy, I know it, that is why I remaking my maps!
Long ago I need some help, and then I builded more maps. Now, this is Beta version, and I working on it.
I don't say I made Doom 1-2 map parts, and I know write it on credits.
Next Beta version will have lots of modification. :)

THE NEW 4.2 VERSION IS NOW AVAILABLE!
Look at the first comment, and there is the link.

Fix a few bugs, edited maps, modified weapons-monsters, and more little things.

Have fun! :)

> Calling the Doomguy Flynn Taggart which is canonically incorrect.
> Some maps are edits of stock levels from the IWADs.
> Stealing maps from other people's mods.
> Using Zandronium as a base instead of (G)ZDoom or Vanilla like most Doom mappers do.

Yeah this looks like a brilliant WAD alright. :V

1. "Other products that extend the Doom franchise do provide a name for the main character. The Doom novels roughly based on the classic games give the marine the name of Flynn Taggart. This name was re-used in the famous Call of Dooty series, where the main character was just called "Taggart" for short. In the Doom movie, the name of the protagonist is John Grimm, nicknamed Reaper."
2. The similarities were gone!
3. These are Easter Eggs, and they also modified a lot!
4. If more-more people can play this, it is just right!

Pls, play through the game! There's been a lot of changes.

I played lots of wads, and these have more problems (Of course, not all). If you do not like it, sorry. I just want to entertain Doom players. :)

Those products you are mentioning are merchandise that iD had no involvement in whatsoever. Canonically there was never a name for the Doomguy because he's supposed to represent the person playing the game.

At first I thought this was a fairly standard beginner level, then I got to minute 3 on the video and things started to somehow look familiar...

Dittohead said:

I hate to be a buzz kill, but it looks like you simply re-used my Map03 submission for the NDCP community project...

Yup, it's just map 03 of NDCP badly retextured and adding some Zdoom monsters. How awesome is that?

A.Gamma said:

At first I thought this was a fairly standard beginner level, then I got to minute 3 on the video and things started to somehow look familiar...[/b]

Dittohead said:

I hate to be a buzz kill, but it looks like you simply re-used my Map03 submission for the NDCP community project...

[b]Yup, it's just map 03 of NDCP badly retextured and adding some Zdoom monsters. How awesome is that?

So... how can we trust that any of the maps in this wad aren't stolen?

If you want to entertain anyone, you're better off spending your time practicing good mapping skills and creating original work. What you've got here relies heavily on modified or borrowed content. You can do better, and should.