Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Du Mhan Yhu

A map "Took too F**kin' Long"

Here is a map I made over the course of 6 months on and off (due to college and lack of interest) It was my attempt at making a challenging map as well as getting back into mapping, it's become something I have grown tired of seeing. It's playable from start to end.

As the title of the thread says, it's titled "Took too F**kin' Long," It's only been tested in Zandronum/Skulltag.

Play with Doom 2 Map01 and the CC4 texture pack. (with zandro/skulltag, Zdoom or something that can handle slopes and 3d floors)

Link gone. (making final fixes)

Feedback is totally welcome, enjoy :D

-Ana

Music/visuals/atmosphere are the best I've seen this year so far. Great opening with monsters controlling the whole area. The map seems to be unbalanced on UV though: after I killed the cyber and opened the blue key, a huge army appeared but I had little to no ammo. I managed to run away and snatch the key but after the blue bars another horde appeared and still no ammo... Unless I missed a huge ammo stash, something is wrong here.

btw was this meant to be played with solid or non-solid decorations? Not a big difference but, for example, with solid objects you can't kill the arch-vile that throws you to the megasphere with rocket launcher.

I apologize, I was just releasing the map to DW, I no longer care to work/add on the map any longer.

If anyone is interested, feel free. Just let me know, otherwise.. This map is done from my end. Time to move on to new maps.. New vanilla maps :DDD

Ok, if I don't lose interest I'll try to change the ammo balance to my liking and maybe rearrange some fights. The first cyber (dunno if there are more) I think is pointless for example: he appears, you easily kill him from below and proceed further, just a waste of time. Now if I'll make him join the fight that follows...

Hope your vanilla stuff will not be less beautiful/challenging.

Memfis said:

Ok, if I don't lose interest I'll try to change the ammo balance to my liking and maybe rearrange some fights. The first cyber (dunno if there are more) I think is pointless for example: he appears, you easily kill him from below and proceed further, just a waste of time. Now if I'll make him join the fight that follows...

Hope your vanilla stuff will not be less beautiful/challenging.

Sounds good and thank you.