Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I'm sorry for all the delays (I was busy this week as well)! I truly feel bad! I'm nearly finished with my map updates; but, did anyone go through and update the other maps? Just wondering, because I'll go through and update them if nobody else did.

sgt dopey said:

Map13
Level name : Underearth
Bugs : The maze that rises out of the ground breaks in ZDoom

Which version of zdoom ? Works as intended using zdoom for me.

hawkwind said:

Which version of zdoom ? Works as intended using zdoom for me.

I'm not sure but I remember that it works if you set the compat flags to Doom (strict)

Waiting on the super duper final ultimate stick a fork in it done release to play this.

Trust me, it's coming! I've just been busy with my personal life and school, but I've been going through all of the maps and looking them over and taking some serious suggestions and bug fixes into account. I promise you, this will be worth the wait (or, at least, I hope it will be)!

kmxexii said:

Waiting on the super duper final ultimate stick a fork in it done release to play this.

I was gonna post in this thread and say that same thing. :D

sgt dopey said:

I'm not sure but I remember that it works if you set the compat flags to Doom (strict)

Just tried that with zdoom 2.6999 in doom strict mode and still worked ok for me. So I've no idea why it fails for you.

It's been a month since the last update - any progress since then Matt?

Sorry to keep nagging you, but it's been nearly a year since all of the maps were finished, and I think we'd all like this to be done soon.

Don't worry about it! The nagging keeps me motivated. ;)

It should be coming soon, but I'm going to PM you the updated wad file within the next few days so you can test some of the additions I made to my maps (I'll specify which in the PM). After we're done with updating, I'll write my text file descriptions (thoughts, special thanks, etc.), and I'll submit the final version to /idgames. I don't really know if it's worth the wait at this point, but it's better than nothing!

It really is amazing that you guys all contributed and helped me out with my first (and definitely not last!) community project! I've learned quite a few things about the wad making process, and I think I'll be ready to start anew shortly, seeing as I've already had my fair share of breaks with this one...

Is the second Interception still being worked on? Or did that die? I kinda liked what I read about what you had planned for it.

I really want to get back onto it, now that I've got some new ideas and a better look at how to manage community projects! I don't know if I'm still going with the whole partial conversion thing, but it'll definitely be vanilla compatible, that's for sure.

Be on the lookout for a revival of the old thread within the next few days! I'm changing a few things up this time around...

The Interception was reviewed on /newstuff already, but I am still waiting for next version, so not downloading it yet.
I have a lot of pwads in my archive, which I did not play yet, so I can wait for this :)

I saw some screenshots of the "ancient bases" and they do not look too ancient to me, could use some details which would show their old age, like cracks and vegetation, but I understand that adding these details is hard in vanilla.

Still looking forward for this, I love to always play some new unexplored pwads, thanks to this community which keep creating them.

The pre-final version has been sent to be tested! Will it be worth the wait? Maybe not at this point. This took way too long, to be perfectly honest, but I'm still glad to be finally done with this project! Now I can get to work on Interception: Part II!

Playing through this.

Stuck on Map05, tho. can't seem to find the Blue Key. I've cleaned out everything. Killed all enemies I can find, save for the five arch-viles hiding behind the imp cages. I've also connected the "Puzzle lift" Room with the rocket-on-a-pillar-in-slime room.

Any ideas?

You mean map 06. ;)

The blue key is in the southwestern corner of the map, in a small room with twin curving staircases. You can reach the general area by heading directly west (down a lift) from the spot where you started the map. The whole dark metal area comprising the western portion of the map is involved in getting the blue key; you hit a switch down one leg to raise some platforms out of lava so you can go down the other leg and get the key.

Yeah, typo, sorry!

Found it.

Playing through this mapset. Great so far. Made it to MAP13 so far.

The first 11 maps were all kinda similar, I thought. Maybe intentional. But they were all non-descript underground, brownish installations. Kinda boxy and lots of lifts with tight quarters.

Stuck on MAP14, Vertigo Plant.

I'm past the keycards and find myself in a pit of slime with an inaccessible, large cage in the middle. Theres a corridor leading to a blue armor atop a couple of crates, and a lift that takes me up to pretty much nowhere.

What do?

phobosdeimos1 said:

This looks like my cup of tea, and to quote essel, this is "2011, the year of the vanilla megawad"

Those screens look really nice and classic, very impressed man.

I keep looking at OP to look at the mapslots + screens because I haven't played this yet.... and then I always stumble this post.

Missing you man.
RIP

EvilNed said:

Stuck on MAP14, Vertigo Plant.

I'm past the keycards and find myself in a pit of slime with an inaccessible, large cage in the middle. Theres a corridor leading to a blue armor atop a couple of crates, and a lift that takes me up to pretty much nowhere.

What do?

That lift and the terrace with the armor are unimportant. Back in the room that has the cage you mentioned, there's a small room with a switch and some zombies inside (it'd be to your right as you came in through the blue/red barred door). The switch raises the missing part of the walkway around the slime pit that the cage is in; you walk around the pit's lip, jump over a little gap, and continue on your way. This path eventually takes you to the ledge overlooking the open space with the marble pillars that would've been to the left as you came in through the barred door. Up on this ledge, you need to "use" the marble demon face slab to continue to the end of the map.

And stay on your toes, because even when it seems like it's over, it's probably not in this map....which is part of why it was one of Interception's highlights.

You always have the possibility of walking on the mini-staircase, hidden in the texture of mud near the cage.

I actually IDCLEV'd past the map. Not because I got stuck, but because I reloaded a newer version of a gameplay mod.

I'm now on Map22, into Hell. Enjoying this Megawad, thanks for making it!

The start of Map17 seems like it'd be a tough nut to crack on Pistol start, tho. :x

Well, here it is! This should be the final version of Interception. I'll upload it to /idgames later today.

Interception Final Version 1.3:
NEW LINK BELOW

Changelog:
-New Maplist Order
-Fixed Music Tracks
-Various Changes and Fixes Throughout
-Updated Textfile with Author Comments (Big thanks to those willing to write some comments!)
-A Final, Special Thanks from the Project Leader (Yours Truly)

Cool - nice to see that you used some of my suggestions (if anyone has problems with the new map order, I'm the one to blame).

One big error: the map names on the automap in Prboom+ haven't been changed from the original version.