Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ducon

ZDoom 2.7.0

Randi released the new version of ZDoom: 2.7.0.
ZDoom now supports Doom 3: BFG Edition's modified IWADs and a truckload of new features for WAD makers (DECORATE, ACS, additive rendering for 3D floors), increased maximum resolution to 5760×3600, arbitrary FPS cap with vid_maxfps…
More info in this thread, download it here.

Of course, it compiles flawlessly in Linux.

ducon said:

I wanted to post a new thread in the News section but I can’t.
Anyway.

You need to put it here and then wait for an admin to turn it into a full-fledged news.

PS: Remove the sid=whateverblahblah from your forum thread link.

Yes, I saw too late that I should post it in the News submission room. :-/
Can you move it?

This isn't the best example of a news post. The prose is too short and the list is too long. Try to condense it into highlights before posting it news submissions.

Is there a way to use arrow keys in the menus? I find using the mouse annoying and it seems to override the keys

*EDIT* nevermind, theres an ini setting

Szymanski said:

Is there a way to use arrow keys in the menus? I find using the mouse annoying and it seems to override the keys

Hmm, I'm starting to think the "Touchscreen-like" mouse-menu option should be the default. Though I guess that would somewhat take away from the 'magic' of mouse-driven menus since it would make them completely transparent as most users would likely not enable the full setting. Still better than control wonkiness from a personal standpoint, though.

It depends on the mouse which one is more useful. Some mice send movement events even when nothing is moving, others do not. But this is hard to detect.

With my last mouse it was impossible to use the full mouse control setting, with my current one it's no problem at all.

Xaser said:

Hmm, I'm starting to think the "Touchscreen-like" mouse-menu option should be the default.

I would agree with that. IMO "touchscreen-like" feels the best and most closely resembles how menus work in many other games/programs too. The default is, IMO, clumsy and frustrating - and I have found it so on a number of machines.

I'd probably even change the name away from "touchscreen like" simply because it implies that this should be used in a touchscreen environment whereas it actually works brilliantly (IMO) in the standard Windows (pre Win8) point and click environment and is the best option there (again, IMO).

Well, it's not called 'touchscreen' but 'touchscreen like', i.e. you have to hold the mouse button down to perform an action.

BTW, this was the original default and only changed later because some people asked for it. I kept the old mode because I knew the current default might cause problems on some systems.