Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

MAYhem 2013? More like MARCHem 2014. 3.9.14 realease?!?

:( Sorry to hear that, Melon.

I PMed MionicDonut the level I was working on and he said it would "probably" go in, so I'll place it here if anyone wants to take a whirl and bug test - it's quite possible I missed some textures or problems here and there since I was scrambling to get this map done (despite missing the deadline).

http://speedy.sh/mA9FN/unit-731.wad

Map01 intended replacement with zombiemen and Arch-Viles (Revenants on HNTR).

Magnusblitz said:
Map01 intended replacement with zombiemen and Arch-Viles (Revenants on HNTR). [/B]

tested with zdoom: is it intended that you can exit the level right away when the map starts?the door only closed when i tried to open the "other" exit door, the one that leads into the level (or from the level back to the beginning). when i picked up the blue key and opened that "other" door, the outer door would stay shut.

I uploaded an earlier version with the start location in the wrong spot, my mistake. Link fixed.

(Also, just as a note, CC4-Tex not included).

Utilizing whatever the latest uploads have been for a testing version coming out in a few hours. I will post some suggestions with the pack.

Thank you all for your patience!

UPDATE: Anybody have walters map?

just tested eternity's hatred. the map is awesome, some of the effects are really impressive (i don't have much clue about what's possible with boom, so take that as you will, haha).

anyway, i found some bugs (tested with zdoom):

i got stuck here (it's the teleporter beneath the column of transparent flesh) after teleporting back to it from the teleporter it teleports to. 4x teleport in one sentence, yay.

minor bug

slime trail, see next screenshot for the location

Any version will suffice, at least as a placeholder.

i've already wrote this to themionicdonut, but i've deleted my map for mistake, so if dobagubumaru had a copy of my file, you can use that...

http://speedy.sh/sx6cS/MAYHEM1301.wad

Well.
That was the longest "couple of hours" that doesnt involve kiefer sutherland...

Yeah, I said this one would take less time to compile and I still managed to take longer...this isnt even the release version (Need CWLIV stuff and maybe some level tweaking [level 6 is an evil lady to Uv-max, for all the wrong reasons]) Nevertheless, I still hold that this iteration is better than the last!

And here is an almost ready for release version. I can still get it on idgames before November. Thank goodness for little miracles.

EVERYTHING IS GOING SO WELL!

Yay I can finally get to playtesting it! Also, FYI, you might want to zip that file as 23 MB is a obnoxious to download for those with slow connections.

dobu your last map confuses me

on HNTR and HMP there are enemies in the first outdoor area (btw a mastermind is stuck), but on UV there's nothing?

23.3 megabytes? Does that include the texture pack as well? It might be a good idea to just have the textures as a requirement, or just make 2 uploads with one bereft of textures.

Ribbiks said:

on HNTR and HMP there are enemies in the first outdoor area (btw a mastermind is stuck), but on UV there's nothing?

The initial area wasn't designed for battle but while I was working on skills 2 & 3 I decided to throw some in for fun. I left them out on UV to keep up the suspense (thus the lack of the mastermind until the finale), and so it could be simpler for runners as there's so much cover that the area holds no real challenge once you know the layout.

With your map sandwiched between my two the dropoff rate for people hoping to complete this is going to be catastrophic haha

Experiences after a quick lookout:

* MAP02 exterior design is FAR BETTER than it was in the very first version. Great map overall, Scypek!

* Wasn't my map's song (MAP04) too quiet? If yes, is there anyeone who can edit MIDIs and would be able to make this song a bit louder?

* dobugabumaru, your maps are helluva awesome, I think you reinvented the slaughtermaps.

* I didn't really notice that only 2 types of monsters were used, I swear.

* Don't ask why, but before I watched the author list, I thought that MAP11 was Obsidian's entry. :D

* For God's sake, do not even try to separate textures from maps into an additional WAD! I'm a bit rude now, sorry, but I have enough that there isn't enough to select one WAD to play, but I even have to find and choose the belonging textures...brutally unconvenient.

so... what's up with this project? :/
the first link in the first post is now a premium only download. was that even supposed to be an "early" version that featured all maps so far?

I've been meaning to playtest and give feedback... I hope to do that somewhat soon.

If you guys need an alternate download link, here you go. I figure because it's pretty niche as long as there are no bugs it'll probably be ready to get published soon (as far as I can tell).

Hm. Considering my one's supposed to use ghost monsters, how would I configure that for ZDoom? I recall that you can't just wire it into the MAPINFO, so this might raise some problems.

When will you make an /idgames release anyway? I mean, how many days within?! Because nothin happened in the thread for a very long time...

Is there anything else that needs to be done with maps.

If not all it needs is CWLEVs or whatever they are called and we will be good.

I can do CWILVs if you want, 11 of them isn't difficult to put together. I also caught a visual error in MAP02 so we might need to do a bit more polishing... unless you guys just wanna be done and publish it

Played in PrBoom, UV.

MAP01: This is a neat little starter map, beginning our strange journey nicely with a realistic base saturated with zombiemen. No problems here on UV in my experience… it’s not particularly a map suited to my taste but I appreciate the detail and the “puzzle” of the final battle (although looping back around the whole complex to open the door up to get in there again is a tad annoying). A good map.

MAP02: This was a map that felt like it overstayed its welcome. It’s definitely Scypek’s prettiest map with a lot of atmosphere, but a couple of instances stood out as very odd. The lighting in this room, since you can see the light on the ceiling, makes it look peculiar. The light beam here also ends in a point, which doesn’t make sense as it should go until it hits an object. The AV encounters are neat. The one in the boxy computer room with the RL is a blast to survive by the skin of your teeth (did notice a HOM). But the one with the platform that raises suddenly into two perched chaingunners with two AVs needs some health and/or rockets as it’s especially brutal. I’d give the green armor before it, especially since there’s a point where you pick up a green armor just before a blue one.

I honestly couldn’t find the blue key and just clipped to it, since navigating the complex was very clunky. Final battle is nonexistent, and other than when I was lost or aggravated it was a neat map—leagues above the two in MAY2012.

Also, you might wanna add mid textures to these windows as I spent half a minute trying to jump through it.

MAP03: Well, it certainly is a quirky map. A whole host of textures used with a lot of switch pressing to pad out the length. Only recommendation is to lower the yellow key and red key pillars so the player can see them, as I spent a minute or two wondering where the red key was. Difficulty and ammo are fine... I think this should go in MAP02's slot in order to at least give players a breather between AV-centered maps.

Three more hopefully tomorrow.

dobugabumaru said:

I can do CWILVs if you want, 11 of them isn't difficult to put together.

If you're not already, use DoomWord for this as it'll make your life MUCH easier. It'll only be alright if you're using the default font, but you do get a choice of colours. I'm not certain it outputs in the right palette as the background cyan went yellow when I imported it's output directly into a .WAD using SlumpEd, but pasting the output into a paletted image using Paint XP and then importing with SlumpEd worked A-OK.

I usually import the BMP into the wad using SLADE and convert it to Doom format. You can set the transparent colour as well, which makes things easy.