Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

James Gandolfini dies

Never really watched The Sopranos, but R.I.P.

IIRC he was also in 12 Angry Men and Taking of Pelham 123 as well.

Hurricyclone said:

IIRC he was also in 12 Angry Men

12 angry men was released 3 years before this guy was born.

I wathced the Sopranos in its entirety as I grew up (no, not the best family material, but a great means to understand many other things) and various other films he had not-so-big roles in. Had great respect for him as an actor.

RIP good sir, you will be missed :(

Mogul said:

^ moron alert.

I spend five seconds in Everything Else and this is one of the first things I see.

Fuck.

Dumbragesplosion aside, 'tis a shame to see someone go so young. Plenty o' life left at 51 had this not occurred. :(

A fine actor and a great presence on screen. He embodied some fine roles in film and television, and from what I'd seen in recent years he wasn't quite ready to surrender his 'A' game, with quite a few projects in the pipeline.

I partiuclarly liked his more recent role in In The Loop opposite Peter Capaldi.

Clonehunter said:

Who?

...Oh come on, son. You MUST know this guy by face, if not by name.

I've never watched a single episode of The Sopranos. I'm familiar with his many other roles, though. A fine actor. RIP.

Season 1 of the Sopranos, for the almighty win.

Tony Soprano: I'm not gonna hurt a man that I love because of some cop gossip from a degenerate fuckin' gambler with a badge. 
You understand me?
Vin Makazian: You know... You got an amazing ability to sum up a man's whole life in a single sentence. 
"Degenerate gambler with a badge." You're a pisser, you're a real pisser.
Tony Soprano: Well I'm sorry, I'm under a little bit of pressure here.
I don't have time to suck your dick.

crank it, bitches

darknation said:

Pfft. Getting all upset only to find out he comes back as white gandolfini in the second movie. Gtfo.

LOL

I've only seen a handful of episodes of the Sopranos. It seemed like a good show, but I never really fell into the habit of following it. I actually live very close to where they would film it by route 3 in northern New Jersey. It was pretty cool to see familiar places on a hugely successful TV show.

RIP

It was going to happen sooner or later, I think his weight was a major factor in that heart attack.
RIP Gandolfini.

Mogul said:

^ moron alert.

I'm not sure if the definition applies for simply not recognizing one actor.

DoomUK said:

...Oh come on, son. You MUST know this guy by face, if not by name.

I've never watched a single episode of The Sopranos. I'm familiar with his many other roles, though. A fine actor. RIP.

By face... Vaguely familiar. But having never seen anything related to the Sopranos minus a pinball machine and the fact that IMFDB claims the Max Payne 2 Deagle looks like the Sopranos Deagle, I really don't know. If he was good though, than RIP a good actor. Also, that is a young age to go.

Now that I remember, HBO had filmed a part of the episode of the sopranos in one of my old college's classrooms. Also, I've been to the strip club that they've used for their HQ.

Also, my uncle is friends with Frank Vincent.

Clonehunter said:

I'm not sure if the definition applies for simply not recognizing one actor.

If you don't know who someone is, take five seconds and Google it instead of posting a dismissive, one-word post in an in memoriam thread. That's the biggest issue. Beyond that, the fact that you didn't know who the very well-respected star of one of television's most significant shows of the last two decades was really makes you look like a moron. You're like Kanye busting through the doors like a belligerent cunt.

Mogul said:
Beyond that, the fact that you didn't know who the very well-respected star of one of television's most significant shows of the last two decades was really makes you look like a moron.

Hey now, The Sopranos aren't a children's show, how is he supposed to know anything about them?

I didn't know James Gandolfini much to be honest, but I heard of the show The Sopranos and the character Tony Soprano. I didn't watch the show much at all, but I seen clips of it and it seemed to have been a cool show. My condolences go to his friends and family.

I only finally got around to watching the start of the first season last week. Sadly, before I went on holiday, one of the last moments I saw stood out particularly. The ducks left Tony. Now he leaves us.

Brilliant actor; sad to go out at such an age. I remember actually being forced to watch the very last scene of the show during Media Studies back in college, years ago. Don't stop believing! :(

I only started watching the Sopranos recently, but Gandolfini was great in Zero Dark Thirty. RIP, he was a fantastic actor

Mogul said:

If you don't know who someone is, take five seconds and Google it instead of posting a dismissive, one-word post in an in memoriam thread.

Alright alright, I'll give you that. That probably was a bad start.

Mogul said:

Beyond that, the fact that you didn't know who the very well-respected star of one of television's most significant shows of the last two decades was really makes you look like a moron. You're like Kanye busting through the doors like a belligerent cunt.

I'm not buying this one however. All I get from this is that I must've struck a chord by simply not knowing one actor I don't recognize from one tv show I never watched. Whoopdy fucking doo. I didn't realize it was such a serious issue. I'm sorry, but allow me to set up a shrine in his honor and worship him as you apparently do, so I may learn the ways of being cultured.

(Not to rip Gandolfini. Seeing his high praise he does appear to be very entertaining on screen and as such I'll probably look up this particular show now anyways just to see what everyone is talking about).

Clonehunter said:

I'm sorry, but allow me to set up a shrine in his honor and worship him as you apparently do, so I may learn the ways of being cultured.

Not a bad start, pleb.

Remiel said:

Hey now, The Sopranos aren't a children's show, how is he supposed to know anything about them?