• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

Ultimate Doom Episode 1 UV-Speed run with -altdeath in 1:53

Didn't think I can do it that fast, but time still can be improved I guess :P

e1altdx153.zip

hah that was awesome, ridiculous AV jump. I love how you took no damage throughout everything

4shockblast said:

Doom Done Turbo Quicker in 9:34. Finally, eight months later, I managed to bring down e4m8 to a 21 and can upload this.

Why don't you use turbo on strafe running? I can see SL50 and SR50 tics only :---D

HF24-359 is done with DosDoom compatibility and plays back correctly when adding "-complevel 5" to the command line.

^ -complevel 5 (which makes me wonder if it shouldn't be "TasDoom" instead of MBF)

Looper said:

Why don't you use turbo on strafe running? I can see SL50 and SR50 tics only :---D

I noticed that too, but the turbo parameter in PrBoom+ doesn't apply to strafing; with turbo on and no automated strafe50, I can only do strafe40 manually. When I tested in vanilla doom2, I could only get SL102 and SR102 tics regardless of whether I had strafe50 on or off, so I've only been able to add SL127 and SR127 tics with XDRE.
EDIT: Never mind, strafe50 affects -turbo in vanilla and SL127 and SR127 are the max values. Furthermore, PrBoom+ emulates vanilla at values of -turbo lower than 100. I reported this at the PrBoom+ Sourceforge.

See this old post of mine for detailed information on what command-line parameters (if any) are needed for old TAS demos (and, by extension, which of the original exes they may play back with).

The ironic thing is that if they had left them in Tasdoom.exe format, we wouldn't nowadays need any special parameters for playback. It's only the conversion to Dosdoom format (which is like Ultimate Doom apart from memory overflows) that causes the need for care.

If Prboom+ really doesn't emulate vanilla's -turbo behaviour correctly, then this should be reported as a bug.

Ultimate doom episode 1 uv-fast in 14:09 [time does not include e1m8]. This demo is part of what will be the entire ultimate doom in uv-fast

NO UPLOAD TO DSDA yet; I'll send it there when all 4 eps are complete

e1fa1409.zip

Looper said:

Cool trick @ E1M3 :-)

Yeah discovering a use for that glide was probably the big trick of the run lawl. Also how did I not take damage by rocket right after the soulsphere secret in e1m5, when I shot myself practically point blank against a demon?

DOOM episode 4 uv-fast is complete! time: 11:23 (e4m8 time is 1:26, and not included in final time). My old time was 20:07. Tricks on every map except e4m3.

EDIT: here are the times:

e4m1: 1:21
e4m2: 0:59
e4m9: 1:18
e4m3: 1:39
e4m4: 0:58
e4m5: 1:38
e4m6: 1:57
e4m7: 1:33

don't upload to DSDA yet.

e4fa1123.zip

Epic 2 Episode 1 Movie UV-Max in 34:29
Yes, it's tool-assisted. Yes, I know it needs some polishing in some places, but unfortunately I'm too lazy to do that :(

e2e1x3429.zip

Survive in Hell maps 1-8 TAS movie in 5:31
Not full-episode movie because I couldn't do this MAP09 trick and stay alive :P. Also long playing with SR50 automatisation kills my skill).

08six531.zip