Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

TNS #100 - The Ultimate Doom on Nightmare! with John Romero

Hey everyone.

TNS (Thursday Night Survival) is a weekly ZDaemon event where we play various wads in survival mode (it's like cooperative but you can't respawn). For TNS' 100th anniversary we prepared something special: we will be playing The Ultimate Doom on Nightmare! skill. We also invited John Romero to come and he agreed! We will probably organise some sort of Q&A with him using ZDaemon's voice chat capabilities. So I invite all of you to come this Thursday at 19:00 BST (that's 14:00 EDT) to play with us and talk with John himself!

The whole event will be recorded and the demos will be available at this page: http://144.76.43.136:10648/demos/

About the settings: at first we will try to play with no item respawn, just like in ZDS#300. If it gets too crazy we'll enable it or at least give everyone a shotgun on spawn. We are also thinking of making a patch that will disable some speedrunning shortcuts, because it's not very exciting to e.g. beat e3m6 in 10 seconds by abusing the secret switch trick. ;)

So there you have it, hope to see you there! If you have any questions, feel free to ask here!

Memfis said:

The whole event will be recorded

Sounds awesome. By recorded do you mean streamed? ie: twitchtv

traversd said:

By recorded do you mean streamed?

No, it will be just demos, which will play back in ZDaemon).

Plut said:

No, it will be just demos, which will play back in ZDaemon).

Not necessarily just demos. Revenat/BBVD/BigBVD streamed the last two sessions, part of #99 is still available here on twitchtv. #100 might be streamed and recorded this way as well, although this is not confirmed yet and it may not be the whole session.

Either way, the demos will be complete, include the in-game voice chat, offer forward and backward seeking, and even allow you to move around at will through freespec.

I shall be there, nothing, not even Megan fox breaking down outside my house will stop me from being there :P