Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xit-vono

need help with making doom youtube videos

For those of you who'd prefer to deal with AVIs, download ffmpeg.exe and paste this into your PRBoom+ CFG file:

# Video capture encoding settings
cap_soundcommand "ffmpeg -f s16le -ar %s -ac 2 -i pipe:0 -acodec pcm_s16le temp.wav"
cap_videocommand "ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -s %wx%h -r 35 -i pipe:0 -vcodec libx264 -cqp 0 -f avi temp.avi"
cap_muxcommand "ffmpeg -i temp.wav -i temp.avi -vcodec copy -acodec copy %f.avi"
cap_tempfile1 "temp.wav"
cap_tempfile2 "temp.avi"
cap_remove_tempfiles 1

Sound is standard WAV format and video is lossless x264, all in an AVI container. This configuration is useful if you plan to do any post-processing on the video.

If you'd prefer something you can just upload directly to YouTube, change '-cqp 0' to '-cqp 20' (not lossless, but makes the file size more managable).

kimo_xvirus said:

And btw it also says in usage.txt

If you want the music with fluidsynth to sound like SDL which uses Windows' General Midi, I've converted it to a soundfont and uploaded it here
Put gm.sf2 in PrBoom+ directory and change the snd_soundfont variable in the config file to "gm.sf2"

Awesome! In time, thanks a lot! But there is something here, when I play normally with Fluidsynth music, it sounds completely like SDL/Midi, but when I'm viddumping, music sounds like the old Fluidsynth, even though everything is setup to snd_soundfont "gm.sf2". Why could this be?

Thanks Andy, I'll try this out.

The MKV thing worked for me but the problem is cutting and editing thoses files. So AVI is a much more desirable format!

By the way I uploaded a bunch of videos on youtube, including a ton of heretic, http://www.youtube.com/user/Per0xyd

(I wish we had such a video recording tool for heretic, DOSbox's 320x200 limitation is lame)

Hard to tell, it just sounds like a custom midi to me.

You may want to set hudadd_demoprogressbar in your prboom-plus.cfg to 0, that'll get rid of the white bar at the bottom.

And demos done with -viddump always skip the screenwipe effect at the end of a level, that may be why your demo's slightly shorter.

Hi guys, well... I've been struggling with this issue since, I don't know, one year ago? And I hope somebody can help me.

I've been using Prboom-plus -viddump parameter to succesfully record some Doom videos in youtube but when I tried to record another one, video process (normally slow) goes extremely fast and no video archive is found afterwards. When I checked stdout.txt it says this:

Fluidplayer: Fluidsynth version 1.1.3
fl_init: error loading soundfont TimGM6mb.sf2
portmidiplayer device list:
MMSystem:Mapeador Microsoft MIDI
MMSystem:Sint. SW de tabla de ondas GS
MMSystem:MPU-401
portmidiplayer: Opening device MMSystem:Mapeador Microsoft MIDI for output
I_InitSound: sound module ready
S_Init: Setting up sound.
S_Init: default sfx volume 7
HU_Init: Setting up heads up display.
I_InitGraphics: 320x200
I_UpdateVideoMode: 0x60000010, SDL buffer, direct access
I_CapturePrep: opening pipe "oggenc2 -r -R 22050 -q 5 - -o output.ogg"
I_CapturePrep: opening pipe "x264 -o output.mp4 --crf 22 --muxer mp4 --demuxer raw --input-csp rgb --input-depth 8 --input-res 320x200 --fps 35 -"
I_CapturePrep: video capture started
ST_Init: Init status bar.
I_CaptureFinish: opening pipe "mkvmerge -o 2PAC.mkv output.mp4 output.ogg"
V_InitMode: using 16 bit video mode
I_CalculateRes: trying to optimize screen pitch
test case for pitch=640 is processed 32461 times for 100 msec
test case for pitch=672 is processed 58235 times for 100 msec
optimized screen pitch is 672
I_InitScreenResolution: Using resolution 320x200
I_UpdateVideoMode: 0x60000010, SDL buffer, direct access
G_DoPlayDemo: playing demo with Ultimate Doom/Doom95 compatibility
vorb_registersong: failed
mad_registersong failed: input buffer too small (or EOF)
db_registersong: couldn't load as tracker
Exp_RegisterSongEx: Music player fluidsynth midi player on preferred list but it failed to init
Exp_RegisterSongEx: Using player opl2 synth player
P_GetNodesVersion: using normal BSP nodes
vorb_registersong: failed
mad_registersong failed: input buffer too small (or EOF)
db_registersong: couldn't load as tracker
Exp_RegisterSongEx: Music player fluidsynth midi player on preferred list but it failed to init
Exp_RegisterSongEx: Using player opl2 synth player
Timed 2081 gametics in 618 realtics = 117.9 frames per second
I_ShutdownSound:

Well, I certainly don't understand much about this. I would appreciate if somebody can help me to solve it, thank you anyway :)

First of all, was the bump necessary? Second thing; have you read usage.txt and got the files it asks for there? If you have, the way I got it to work was to put those files in the PrBoom + folder. The command I use is -timedemo demo.lmp -viddump video.mkv you need .mkv at the end of the video file or else it won't produce. The process will take a long time due to a lit of lag but you will get amazing quality. I'll be able to explain this better when I get home but hopefully that will help.

Yes, I have all required files there (mkvtoolnix, x264, oggenc2 and of course, Prboom-plus) I added .mkv at the end of video file name and it doesn't produce a video archive. I put stdout.txt cause it may give a clue or something; as I can see "TimGM6mb.sf2" is what it's failing but I have no idea about anything else.

You could try setting the game music to OPL2 and then do a viddump, that should still have music. Can't see any other errors in the log that really stand out.