Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

George Zimmerman Saves A Family of Four

so basically when two people accidentally bump into each other in florida, they immediatelly both stand their ground and the only solution is a gun duel (cause all yanks carry guns, trayvon martin just forgot his at home). very sergio leone.

I know the solution that will make you all happy. From now on we'll just throw all parties to any case in jail automatically without trials, or lawyers, or anything. Should please the liberal gan banners AND the conservative "less government" crowds.

geekmarine said:

Uh, the whole point of "Stand Your Ground" laws is that you can take action even if you are able to run away. Besides, the guy had a truck. Kinda decreases your odds of getting away, don't you think?

I'm fairly sure I could evade someone in a car in my own neighbourhood.

Florida is the new Texas. Its fight or flight, some people are fighters.

Belial said:

I'm fairly sure I could evade someone in a car in my own neighbourhood.

That kind of varies from person to person and from neighborhood to neighborhood. And I mean, you kind of have to assume that not only are you absolutely sure you can outrun the person, but that you know enough shortcuts that the car would be useless. I've had several friends who were mugged, and one who was nearly kidnapped. I know from hearing their stories that running isn't always an option, even if the person doesn't have a car.

Me personally, I can't run fast. I know that. Even on foot, if someone came after me, I know I wouldn't be able to outrun them. I sure as hell wouldn't stand a chance against someone with a car. However, I know I would have a chance with a weapon. Maybe not the best chance, but really, what it comes down to is that striking first as hard as I can provides me with more of a chance of safety than running does. Again, it varies from person to person, but you know, that is a factor. You have to consider the situation, your surroundings, and your own personal abilities before declaring, "Yes, this strategy of running will always work!"

Kontra Kommando said:

I can see it now, Z-Man in 3D, Summer 2014.

Just like Clark Kent, he has to go into hiding. But his backstory sort of makes him like a reverse Batman.

Z-Man sounds like some lame sequel to a G-Man movie

inb4 inspiring tale of how his lifestory impacted his ability to racially discern crime and just another fellow "American" becomes a major motion picture

Well, in Greece the killer of Alexis Grigoropoulos which sparked the 2008 riots was perpetrated by an officer who was considered to be some sort of "fearless hero" by his colleagues, one who chased and stopped fleeing armed criminals with his bare hands, though the story is apocryphal, and was probably a psyop circulated by the Police themselves long after the incident ("See? An officer that good and fearless can't be guilty of such accusations!"). The only thing missing was it being written in prose.

geekmarine said:

And I mean, you kind of have to assume that not only are you absolutely sure you can outrun the person, but that you know enough shortcuts that the car would be useless.

That's what I meant. I'd be more afraid of someone on foot or on a bike than in a car.

Basically if they didn't get out of the car I could lose them in under a minute, as I could easily break eye contact by leaving the street.

Belial said:

That's what I meant. I'd be more afraid of someone on foot or on a bike than in a car.

Basically if they didn't get out of the car I could lose them in under a minute, as I could easily break eye contact by leaving the street.

Zimmerman did get out of the car. I'm saying he had the car for backup. However, you missed my point. You have to know shortcuts and they have to be available. That's not necessarily true in all neighborhoods. And even if there were, Trayvon might not have known them. I know tons of escape routes to about two blocks around my apartment, but any farther than that, and I couldn't tell you. And honestly, the layout of my neighborhood isn't really ideal for that anyway. The houses are all very close together, so there aren't many gaps to cut between, and even if you did, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where you had gone.

Anyway, maybe it's just anecdotal, but speaking from the experiences of friends of mine who have been mugged or attacked, more often than not, running away simply isn't an option, mainly because you often don't even realize you're in danger before they're too close to outrun.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/17/Man-Fires-Shotgun-Into-Air-Gets-Arrested-Cites-Biden-s-Advice-in-Defense

""""A Vancouver, Washington man has cited advice from Vice President Joe Biden in his defense for allegedly illegally firing his shotgun to dispel suspected car thieves.

“Jeffery Barton, 52, pleaded not guilty to one count of illegal aiming or discharging a firearm at his arraignment in Clark County Court,”"""

If only he killed them...

Kontra Kommando said:

Just like Clark Kent, he has to go into hiding. But his backstory sort of makes him like a reverse Batman.

In the Batman Begins movie, he shot the guy who killed his parents. Maybe he'll turn into Batman, or maybe like those "Batman" people from Gotham City Impostors.

geo said:

Woman confronted her husband, LEFT THE HOUSE, got a gun, CAME BACK, and THEN shot at him. Not even remotely the same thing. Once you can freely just leave with no threat of harm, stand your ground is no longer valid.
Also I have no idea what that has to do with George Zimmerman since Zimmerman WAIVED his stand your ground rights and was cleared based on standard self-defense, not stand your ground.

SavageCorona said:

In the Batman Begins movie, he shot the guy who killed his parents. Maybe he'll turn into Batman, or maybe like those "Batman" people from Gotham City Impostors.

I think your version of Batman begins is different to mine :O
As for Zimmerman, should have been convicted of manslaughter, his actions were reckless and in the end caused the chain of events which resulted with the death of a man by his own hands. Cause there was no intent but the fact remains is that he killed a man by confronting him even when the advice from dispatch was to not do that.

Manslaughter is still iffy. George Zimmerman was a dumbshit who made a lot of bad choices but at the end of the day he never FORCED Trayvon Martin to attack him. He didn't block Trayvon in an alley with his weapon out or anything like that.

This was a case of two people making shitty decisions that tragically resulted in one of them being dead