Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

Sorry Ribbiks, the text file mistakenly lists me with the other people who worked on MAP01.

Interesting to finally find out what "Tingsryd" means, btw Danne. :)

Loving that background story. Eagerly waiting for the first /idgames commenter who will take it at face value and vote 1/5 out of spite. :)

Probably rate it saying "it's 2 h4rd on UV turn it down!" Or some shit. Nice to see this finally fully released and great job lads. I noticed an improvement over 2011 with the revisions I played.

I am going to enjoy this with my own set of powerfull decorate weapons, so that it is the monsters who are slaughtered and not me :)
Thanks everyone.

Oh cmon, some more of you guys could have filled out the textfile.

Uh, and yeah, great job everyone.

sorri but you knew last minute changes were about to happen, you deleted one kinda necessary megasphere in 25, also some more unimportant edits to BK room... let's hope I didn't break anything now because I'm not playing through that Matterhorn again - http://filesmelt.com/dl/SF2012.wad

I didn't delete it, I moved it to the AV-rape room.

how critical are the other changes you made?

@ GoS, allrighty, I'll fix text-file before throwing on /idgames

After you pick two random keys, stuff teleports to central part, so you'll most likely need 200/200. Other edit - you can't wake monsters after you take that lift ride immediately, "door" blocks them until you walk onto cell platform under viles. Nothing much besides that.

Is it ok to add these names to the credits part of the txt file somewhere plz? :)

Creator - General Rainbow Bacon

Extra Playtesting - 1ntru, Ancalagon, ArmouredBlood, dannebubinga, Hirogen2, j4rio, jongo, Memfis, Phml, Rayzik, Ribbiks, [WH]-Wilou84

Story - I can't remember who did the story

ProcessingControl did the story. btw I also would like to see more people fliing out the txt. :)

j4: I updated the current download link to include your edits to 25.

tod: thanks, I'll add those to the textfile

Should I send PMs to solicit for additional author info?

TimeOfDeath said:

Is it ok to add these names to the credits part of the txt file somewhere plz? :)

I also did some graphicy things.

Hey, hey, hey, can I have an entry in the author comments that just says "Having lost, I have no right to say anything. Go face your next challenge."?

Ahh of course. You've been added to the credits.

I sent some spammy requests for author info, so once I get some of those back (and settle anything that may crop up in the mean time) it should be good to go.

A'ight, more coop madness. Remove things 812 and 813 from map 18 please.

^ oki, done.

have heard from pretty much everyone about author info, so if anymore last minute fixes/corrections speak em now. Will be uploading this tomorrow, and don't intend on doing any more edits after that.

Sirs It has come to my attention that you wish to make alterations to my humble offering of psychotic madness, but why do you want to remove coop monsters it'd be too easy then :(

Where is the god damn justification D:

I don't mind any alterations or fixes but I'd like an explanation at least :)

I haven't been around since January.

Hiya Kryptic.

You haven't had a chance to try your map in coop, I take it? Most of the traps with coop additions are... well... ridiculous. :p The cyb in central room along with 4 avs (2 additional) is just time sink while people camp at door waiting for respawning shells. But let's say it's just the beginning so I didn't advise any changes so far (I'm nice). But then just before ending you get a swarm with pretty much unavoidable 2 additional avs, unless they happen to get damaged by other monsters. Consider that you won't necessarily have 7-8 skilled players storming in each room and cleaning it before you say damn. Quite the opposite.

There's also typo in txt, map 28 is slaughtenstein.

Well I'd test it, but I don't exactly have anyone who could play it without getting an instant rage fit so I'll scan it in DB and perhaps to a -solo coop option thing and get back you to.

Err well they shouldn't be playing this wad if they aren't skilled? Some weird atrocities in SF2011.

Bloodite Krypto said:

Well I'd test it, but I don't exactly have anyone who could play it without getting an instant rage fit so I'll scan it in DB and perhaps to a -solo coop option thing and get back you to.

Yeah, -solo-net command can get multiplayer monsters to appear in singleplayer, iirc.

Err well they shouldn't be playing this wad if they aren't skilled?

That's not all to it. Easy rooms can become much tougher if two players enter it and monsters are becoming unpredictable. Therefore such cases are usually left to handle for one player while others wait.

Some weird atrocities in SF2011.

Which is probably reason why I haven't seen sf2011 being played online almost at all and sf2012 is up almost daily. At least over at zd.