Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Doom Novellas Updated/Moved

My old Doom Fiction project site has been completely demolished: the stories now enjoy a permanent new home at Dead-End Solutions, which also has a new layout that makes reading them easier on the eye. So if you have the Google Sites version bookmarked, you're gonna hafta update, as there isn't even a redirect anymore.

Due to an associate's pending project -- an animated version of the first story -- I was inspired to go back and clean the novellas up a bit. They were a lot clunkier than I remembered, and many things weren't made as clear as I thought they were. And a lot of sentences were just cumbersome to read and needed more editing. Hopefully all my work paid off in the end.

I changed a couple names in Knee Deep as well, since I wanted the Marine narrating the story to be the only character without a name. So the "Sarge" character was promoted to Captain Berenger, and the Marine gets to be a sergeant. I think the rank change makes more sense anyway.

And no, I probably won't ever finish Inferno. I don't really wanna do horror fiction anymore, and I just don't think I have it in me to slave so many hours over another fanfic when I should be doing original stuff. Even if these books are (sadly) my best horror fiction to date.

Happy reading!

It's a shame you don't intend to finish the third/final chapter, as these stories are still some of my favorite Doom fiction. I think your touch ups also make a lot of sense and make it read even better than before, which to my laymen eyes is quite a feat. I always felt your work was really damn good.

Thanks man. I appreciate everyone who took the time to read my stuff.

Sorry for the doble post, but damn, this stuff is quite good! I started reading "Knee-deep in the dead" and I'm already in chapter 6, and I can't stop reading! The bad thing is that I'm at work at this moment and have stuff to do LOL.

Yesterday I finished reading both 2 first episodes and what's done of Ep. 3. As OpenMaw commented, it's a real shame you're not planning on finishing the last episode. I really REALLY enjoyed the reading, your writing skills are outstanding.