Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
didierbertrand

Doom The Way id Did demos [-complevel 3]

So, I discovered an interesting jump trick. Doesn't save a lot of time, but it saves enough to matter. This was by complete accident.

E3M7 UV-Speed in 1:04

i3d7-104.zip

Episode 2 "The Shores of Hell"
UV-Speed Episode in 12:20

Also, just a question if anyone can fill me in here. I noticed on the DSDA update the time is listed as 13:30, but by the standards I'm used to the last map's time doesn't count. Am I wrong and should I start including the last map's time?

id2-1220.zip

For me, any non-compet-N episode run should better include ExM8 time. It was being excluded because there were no ports available which would give you the boss map time straight away, I believe.

vdgg said:

For me, any non-compet-N episode run should better include ExM8 time. It was being excluded because there were no ports available which would give you the boss map time straight away, I believe.

Well that makes sense. I've been doing these by the Compet-N standards because that's what I'm used to. I can start posting them properly for the DSDA I suppose, lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

Altima said:

Episode 1 "Knee-Deep in the Dead"
UV-Speed Episode in 11:35

Episode 2 "The Shores of Hell"
UV-Speed Episode in 12:20

Good stuff, looking forward to episode 3! I did a few random improvements for pacifist and UV-Speed.

E1M2 Pacifist in 0:28
E1M4 UV-speed in 0:51
E2M1 Pacifist in 0:19 (equals my time on the old version)
E2M4 Pacifist in 0:20

dtwid-pa.zip

Episode 1: UV-Speed 11:25
Done on chocolate doom 1.7.0

I got lost in E1M7, so i'll be improving this immediately. Pretty bad that I got this lost after hours of attempts.

ide1-1125.zip

Episode 1: UV-Speed in 10:07
Done in Chocolate Doom 1.7.0

I don't know how people usually post improvements. I've always been used to that it's interesting to watch how the run progresses.

ide1-1007.zip

Views vary on that point, but if you record a demo and immediately intend to improve it, it makes sense to wait until you have made that attempt, and post your best run once you have finished with it for the time being. Of course, you can return to the task at some later point.

A whole series of incremental improvements uploaded at small time intervals generally won't go down all that well. Also note that people may watch the first one, but be disinclined to watch later ones, even though they may be better.

Note that there is a thread for first exits/first recording attempts, so you may feel free to use that to post early attempts and to show how you have worked on a demo. This is kind of a "special interest" area though.

Thanks Grazza, i'll keep that in mind. Im going to leave episode 1 for now and work on 3 since a demo doesn't exist yet to my knowledge.

why leave e1 now when you're 8 seconds away from breaking the 10min barrier? beating notable times is considered to add some prestige to doom speedruns!

I guess I could do the sub 10 before moving on. Need to start working my ass off on E1M7 because im losing boatloads of time on that map.

Episode 1: UV-Speed in 9:35
Done on chocolate doom 1.7.0

Little burnt out of episode 1, i'll come back someday but for now I want to make an episode 3 run to fill out the episode run tables.

ide1-0935.zip

Episode 3 UV-Speed in 8:39

Also bonus demos:
E3M1 UV-Speed in 0:33
E3M2 Pacifist in 0:42
E3M7 UV-Speed in 0:56
E3M8 UV-Max in 1:22

dtwidep3.zip

Awesome, i've waited forever for the e2 + e3 runs. Now it's time to start looking into the whole thing heh.

Im surprised you got 27 with the pistoldude and imp positioned like that, everything else was very clean though njnj Krank.