Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

Weapon and Method

the regular shotgun does good at far range against former humans and sargeants, sometimes the imps. the super sg can work also, but its not as good as the regular, especially against imps. I do ambush them also. hiding next a door and blastin em as they enter is a fave tactic of mine.

Non-berserked fist: Lone pink demons, otherwise chicken out!

Berserked fist: Pink demons and imps. Occasionally a cacodemon, hellknight or baron of hell if I feel lucky.

Chainsaw: Only if I have no other choice: Demons, cacodemons.

Pistol: Former humans, few imps.

Single barrel shotgun: Almost anything. When I play SP I always play like a coward and nothing pleases me more than sniping cyberdemons when they're utterly defenceless.

Double barrel shotgun: Anything save basic former humans. I really like combatting cyberdemons with this weapon (if i can't snipe 'em). It's a bit risky but it just feels so good to see the bastards soaking up all 20 pellets.

Chaingun: Chaingunners and basic former humans (since I don't have to worry about ammo) as well as cacodemons and revenants.

Rocket launcher: Singular targets that need to be eliminated ASAP. If there is plenty of ammo I also like to employ the rocket launcher against tight groups of imps. I think we all love to load op that good ol' Map21 of Doom2 (an otherwise positively crap map) just to blow away those imps on those pillars.

Plasma Gun: Anything if matters are serious. Run-forward plasma packets works wonders against Masterminds.

BFG: Anything that comes in 20+ hordes.

Non-berserked fist: Lone pink demons, otherwise chicken out!

Berserked fist: Pink demons and imps. Occasionally a cacodemon, hellknight or baron of hell if I feel lucky.

Chainsaw: Only if I have no other choice: Demons, cacodemons.

Pistol: Former humans, few imps.

Single barrel shotgun: Almost anything. When I play SP I always play like a coward and nothing pleases me more than sniping cyberdemons when they're utterly defenceless.

Double barrel shotgun: Anything save basic former humans. I really like combatting cyberdemons with this weapon (if i can't snipe 'em). It's a bit risky but it just feels so good to see the bastards soaking up all 20 pellets.

Chaingun: Chaingunners and basic former humans (since I don't have to worry about ammo) as well as cacodemons and revenants.

Rocket launcher: Singular targets that need to be eliminated ASAP. If there is plenty of ammo I also like to employ the rocket launcher against tight groups of imps. I think we all love to load op that good ol' Map21 of Doom2 (an otherwise positively crap map) just to blow away those imps on those pillars.

Plasma Gun: Anything if matters are serious. Run-forward plasma packets works wonders against Masterminds.

BFG: Anything that comes in 20+ hordes.

I always use cover and wait for the enemy to come to me. As mentioned before I take great pleasure in cathing my enemies from an angle where they are rendered totally helpless.

The prime reason for my strategies is that i can't strafe worth a crap.