Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

For what it's worth, I think the lion head may be from a generic image; I think I also saw it in Witchaven 2 in stone form.

I'm sure I'm wrong, but I never saw the original lion, garg, etc. heads as anything put flat panels. Anyway, I agree with Marnetmar: way too smooth and shiny. Looks wrapped in plastic.

Model it's based on looks tip-top, though.

Vermil said:

For what it's worth, I think the lion head may be from a generic image; I think I also saw it in Witchaven 2 in stone form.

Maybe you're thinking of Daggerfall?

Check lion second from bottom left, and satyr at bottom right. Shame they're not any higher res than Doom's.

One distinct feature of the original appears to be the lack of gums, making the mouth and lit up area larger. I think the texture on yours is too strong and obscures some of the details of the face.

Also, I always thought the original was made out of metal, rather than a stone feature.

Vermil said:

One distinct feature of the original appears to be the lack of gums, making the mouth and lit up area larger. I think the texture on yours is too strong and obscures some of the details of the face.

Also, I always thought the original was made out of metal, rather than a stone feature.

Agree.

Another version, this time more metal. I searched a lot of sites from gargoyles and mascarons but never came across this lion. I am sure that these textures are made ​​from a photograph, as in 1996, Bethesda had their own versions of the texture with many other mascarons. Maybe they are a pictures from some book or something related with D&D?

The nasal bridge and the philtrum may be slightly off.
It also seems that part of the eyes are portrayed instead of mere sockets - lower "lids" which seem to be somewhat tense/bulbous because of the grimace.

It's great to see you doing more of your texture work. You're truly a master of your craft. And the new lion head is shaping up nicely. But I do have a complaint with your BIGDOOR6 texture. It shouldn't have seams in the wood on the left and right-most edges of the textures. This causes the horizontal tiling to hiccup in some wads and levels like the beginning of E2M5 of Ultimate Doom for example.

This is much better, but I still think that if you used your BIGDOOR6 lion on the switch texture it would be absolutely perfect. It's just so much more evil looking without deviating from the original texture. Perhaps open his eyes up a bit more though, just so he doesn't look like this when the player presses the switch.

I know that this might be an already known thing, too. But there's a tiling error with TLITE6_1 that gets on my mind every time i see it. And maybe sometime the rest of the STAR textures can be finished. (STARG2 and STARBR2 haven't been made and STARGR2 needs a slight update)

Brick wall's looking great!
Due to the high resolution it looks kinda sterile. The old one did too but low res artwork is perfectly extrapolated in the brain to whatever is your optimum.
The switch looks awesome too - hard to critique because there's plenty of room for opinion based on personal preference.
I would say it's close to optimal - the second gargoyle revision was a HUGE improvement.

Looking great - maybe add slightly more shadow around the blocks to make it look a little less flat.
Otherwise great - as stated before the former version correlates more with the original but the newer one seems more interesting as the higher resolution exposes more of the mortar's texture.

Minor nitpick: Top of gargoyle looks "pencil"-ed in. See lion below it for the difrerence. But, very nice and true to original anyway. Awesome, as usual!

If you don't mind... I'd like to use these resources to make a DooM 'test' map in Unreal Engine 4... that Cryengine stuff inspired me... just practice really, a sort of precursor to gain support for a new game I wanna make in it... you'll get credit of course but it's still freeware and pics online....!