Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zed

Main Doom Sites

Hi there, doomers from around the world.

I'm with you again to ask you one (I think) important question. Which sites do you think are the most important ones for us?

We have, of course, Doomworld. And the idgames database. And the Doom Wiki. Maybe even Doom Center. The ZDoom forums. ZDaemon/Odamex, for multiplayer/deathmatch. Is there any other place where we can give our opinions/play/share? Are we limited to this? Of course, Facebook, Twitter, etc., doesn't count. I'm talking about a "real" place, where we can share our thoughts, play with no restrictions, insult us with no shame, etc... Are there other such places?

I welcome your thoughts. Have a good day.

I thought Doom Center was gone?
About non-English Doom sites, anyone know if any Swedish Doom sites exists?

Hey, im kinda new here without opening a new thread, what are good mega wad review sites? thanks in advance, i only get the good wads

darkreaver said:

I dont know. I didnt see it. Maybe they have warez? I dont know. I know naaaathing.

Correct.

Note to all: Please don't reference sites that feature warez (posts removed).

Grazza said:

Please don't reference sites that feature warez (posts removed).

I didn't thought about that. Good point. So yeah, please don't do it. I don't want this to end in Post Hell or with someone banned or something like that.

Vermil said:

There is New Doom:

Now a shadow of its former self, as is Doom Wad Station.

Lucretius said:

what are good mega wad review sites?

Can't think of any offhand that focus on megawads, though there would be few that haven't been reviewed in the /newstuff Chronicles at some point in the last dozen years.

GreyGhost said:

Now a shadow of its former self, as is Doom Wad Station.

Can't think of any offhand that focus on megawads, though there would be few that haven't been reviewed in the /newstuff Chronicles at some point in the last dozen years.

thanks for that very useful, as i can see also how many maps has the wad

Not sure if this counts, but there is Doom Ascension forums. I know its a MOD, but people may want to follow it and its still a place to hang out if the forums get more busy?

Lucretius said:

Hey, im kinda new here without opening a new thread, what are good mega wad review sites? thanks in advance, i only get the good wads

I've found the One Man Doom blog an excellent resource because of its attention to detail: at least one paragraph for every map, screen shots galore and in-depth analysis.

As for the original topic, by far the most used sites for myself are doomworld.com and doomedsda.us because I'm a casual speed runner, although I'm aware that there are quite a few for the various different ports and such.

Same as schwerpunk I like to frequent the Doom subreddit on reddit.com even though it's quite small. I like to contribute by posting links to videos of nice runs, maps, etc. There's also /r/doommods which is even smaller.

Vermil said:

There are also non-English Doom forums out there.

Cire said:

About non-English Doom sites, anyone know if any Swedish Doom sites exists?

soner du said:

For exemple http://doomfrance.forumactif.com/forum is the big French doomers' forum.

Of course, you are all right. I certainly appreciate your answers, but I would like to limit this to English-speaking sites. I mean, I know about half a dozen sites in Spanish, but that won't be very helpful for those of you that can't read them.

Lucretius said:

Hey, im kinda new here without opening a new thread, what are good mega wad review sites?

I know another site besides One Man Doom. Unfortunately, it contains warez, so I can't put the link :(

And I don't know how I could forget this one:

classicdoom.com

I think it's a little outdated, but still a good source of information (my favorite part are the "rare" demos section, don't miss it).

Again, thanks for your replies, and good day.