Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

A Major Character from The Simpsons is Going Bye-Bye Soon

12/16/2013 Update: So the whole thing with Family Guy killing off a Griffin family member was not meant to be permanent apparently and was all meant to be a publicity stunt. So the whole thing with that is over. The thread was original called A Major Character from The Simpsons and Family Guy are Going Bye-Bye Soon, and the part of the post referring to Family Guy is pretty much irrelevant now.

Hey guys, recently I found out that one major character from the hit shows The Simpsons and Family Guy each are going to kick the bucket soon, and they will never come back.

For The Simpsons, a hint was given that the character who will die on that show is that he/she was played by a voice actor/actress who won an Emmy. Could it be Grandpa, Krusty, Sideshow Bob? Who knows?

Go here for more info on this:
http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/emmy-winning--simpsons-character-to-be-killed-off-%E2%80%93-daily-tv-round-up-094339546.html

As for Family Guy, get this: a member of the Griffin family is going to die and will be replaced with a different character. So that means either Peter, Lois, Chris, Meg, Stewie or Brian is going to die.

I doubt it will be Peter, and I don't see why they would kill off Stewie or Lois. I feel that Brian will survive too. So that leaves Chris and Meg. But since Mila Kunis is moving on with other things, it could very well be Meg because of the fact she's voiced by that actress. But we'll have to see.

Go here for more info on this:
http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/21/family-guy-to-kill-off-major-character-as-ashton-kutcher-is-lined-up-for-guest-role-3891938/

Also, here's a video where the creators of the show confirm this:

Meg will die like Spock so they can bring her back with the Genesis project.

The Simpsons needs to die, not a character. This franchise has gotten to the point where it relied totally on in-universe memes.

I have no opinion on Family Guy.

I hardly ever watch TV, so it always amazes me that The Simpsons is still on the air. Great memories, but the writing was already shit when I stopped watching, and that was over a decade ago! I guess a publicity stunt like this means they're getting desperate.

Yet somehow, I care even less about Family Guy.

Technician said:

The Simpsons needs to die, not a character. This franchise has gotten to the point where it relied totally on in-universe memes.

Fortunately for that show's dignity (what's left of it), that's the plan once the 25th season's over.

Mila Kunis really is too good for the show, so it makes sense that they'll kill her character. Can't say the same for Seth Green.

Plus Seth Green plays a lot of other NPCs on the show. But well they did give him his own show like Greg the Bunny.... so perhaps he'll leave. :-)

Its pretty obvious that Meg will died in the show but I'll be surprise if she's not the one.

I used to watch the Simpsons all of the time when I was growing up. Maybe I stopped around 98' or 99'. Funny thing is, I haven't followed the show in the past decade, but every time I see a re-run; its one that I have seen already. At any rate, I remember how funny, and witty the show use to be, the current state of it is just plain lame. It should have ended 10 years ago.

Family guy has its moments, but I don't follow that show.

I think grandpa Simpson, and Brian are going to die.

darknation said:

god I hope it's maggie.

It would be ironic is Mr. Burns shot her. He tried to block out the sun, I'm sure he would be capable of murdering an infant.

StevieCybernetik said:

All I read was: "Great shows turned shitty are about to get worse, so brace yourselves."

Someone should make a Game of Thrones meme about this:

"Brace yourselves, the shameless attempts to revitalize two over-rated, and tired cartoon sitcoms are coming."

I'm thoroughly amused by the idea of killing a major character on Family Guy. They'll be as tasteless about it as possible, which I think is a good thing.

"The Simpsons" has sucked for 14 years and "Family Guy" was never good except for brief moments, so it's really hard to give a shit about this announcement. But I might watch the new "Simpsons" episode just to see who buys the farm, although I know it won't be the one character that really needs to go (Lisa).

What's the bet one or both shows kill the wrong character and have to do a Bobby Ewing reboot.

Yo, not everything's bad about recent Simpsons. This opening by Guillermo del Toro is awesome, although the Banksy one cannot be beaten.

dew said:

Yo, not everything's bad about recent Simpsons. This opening by Guillermo del Toro is awesome, although the Banksy one cannot be beaten.

Two minutes of lazy movie references and, again, in-universe memes is not that funny. In fact, it's tiring. Over saturated, even.

Seeing as it is a mesh of classic horrors and del Toro's own movies for the Halloween episode, I'd say funny and eye-catching enough.

I have enjoyed both The Simpsons and Family Guy over the years, but could care less about characters dying in either show. I can't recall the last time I even watched a Simpsons episode, though I still catch old Family Guy episodes from time to time.

Logical guess is either Mila Kunis or Seth Green. Fuck if I know who's going on The Simpsons.

I think they should kill off Chris, his voice is terrible, and Seth Green (I think it's him) has better stuff to do than sound awful.

As a kid I always watched simpsons. Nowadays I just randomly watch if I'm channel surfing and happen to stumble upon channel that shows simpsons. There are so many rerun episodes that I dont even know what is new and what is old episode, only if the episode is from early 2000s then I might remember it.

I agree with the sentiment that this will be a publicity stunt. How can you do something like that in this genre? As for the Simpsons, much of the humour is very on-the-nose and that is weirdly offensive to me. I grew up with British sitcoms relying on silly innuendo, fake French phrases and a hefty dose of sarcasm, so I guess I am used to clever writing.

As for Family Guy, that does make me laugh a lot more.

I stopped watching The Simpsons ever since Lisa started to act her age and less as mature as she used to be, I can't remember exactly how it changed last.

Shadow Hog said:

Fortunately for that show's dignity (what's left of it), that's the plan once the 25th season's over.

So they finally came to the conclusion that it would be a better idea to plan for the show to end, rather then end awkwardly when one of the principal VAs dies? Good grief, did they hire a network executive with a functioning frontal lobe while nobody was looking? Wonders never cease.

I can't see Family Guy getting rid of a character, though. Don't really think they need to, but I suppose it'll be Meg. Gotta have those pointless cliffhangers to keep shows from looking stale!