Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

Biker Gang vs. Family in SUV

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57605632/new-york-road-rage-incident-bikers-wife-says-suv-driver-paralyzed-my-husband/

A biker gang called "The Rebels without a Clue" got into a confrontation with a 33 year old man, who was driving his wife and infant child in an SUV. The incident took place in NYC, where this particular gang had been causing trouble recently; over 200 people called to complained to the NYPD. The driver of the SUV had apparently run over one of the bikers in knee-jerk, self-defense. Now the injured biker is paralyzed, and his wife is holding the SUV driver responsible.

Rebels without a Clue.... sounds like they know what shitpiles they are. Anyway I remember an episode of Cops with this exact same thing (but no aftermath). A guy on a motorcycle vs a cop car. The guy on the motorcycle would stop on purpose, because he knew his acceleration could blow away the cop and he'd lose the cop. Well the 2nd time he tried it, the cop just couldn't stop in time and hit the guy if not ran him over.

People say pedestrians have the right of way. Well if a car can't fucking stop its not considered a crime. Like how people just jump out in front of a car.

This was his own fault. The biker intentionally stopped short. He was dumb enough to be on a bike while doing it.

Plus you could even say self defense for the guy in the SUV.

I'm happy that fuckup was run over. Oh now he has his wife saying 'you paralyzed my husband.' His wife. Big bad biker gangster hiding behind his wife.

Also, if it meant protecting the lives of my wife and infant child, I would have run him over on purpose if I felt I had to; regardless of the consequences, legal or gang-reprisal . I agree with you, I think the whole thing was not the fault of the SUV driver. The biker want to pick a fight, and he put himself in a dangerous situation, he could have chosen to avoid.

Fuck all that gang pride and machismo, you don't mess with a person's blood-family.

geo said:

I'm happy that fuckup was run over. Oh now he has his wife saying 'you paralyzed my husband.' His wife. Big bad biker gangster hiding behind his wife.

The guy who got paralyzed wasn't the guy that stopped short. From the video you can't really blame him for anything except hanging out with these idiots.

Bummer.... you ride together you die together or get paralysed together. Anyway if the one was run over wasn't the one slowing down then that might be some sort of attempted vehicular homicide, but he could just be seen as an attacker and consider it self defense. Its a toss up.

The gang is lucky this dude didn't have an AK under the seat. Start spraying. Plus the SUV could have easily just started swerving and killed or injured plenty of them.

Oh and again. His wife says her husband is paralyzed. Poor biker has his woman sticking up for him. Can't he talk for himself?

The biker want to pick a fight, and he put himself in a dangerous situation, he could have chosen to avoid.

Sounds a lot like the Zimmerman case except the correct person was harmed this time.

I've heard of cases where people that have won fights they didn't start have ended up killing the person that started the fight after the fight had ended. That didn't count as self defense. Like one thing that sticks out was a bar fight, some drunk attacked a dude outside of a bar, the guy that was attacked won, went to his car got a gun and flat out killed the guy. He pleaded self defense and it didn't work.

But then maybe it falls into double standard. Zimmerman is innocent in FL for standing his ground. Yet a black woman firing a shot to warn her abusive husband to stay away got her in jail in FL >>

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/06/05/2108171/florida-judge-rejected-stand-your-ground-defense-for-black-woman-who-fired-warning-shot-during-domestic-violence/

For all of you Zimmerman lovers out there he continues to be in the news >>

http://news.yahoo.com/acquittal-zimmerman-still-spotlight-133414162.html

Could be a hate crime. Asian driver, Hispanic biker, rainbow helmet. Next thing you know the biker will want Obamacare.

Asian man with automatic rifle defends himself against racist white hunters. 6 dead. No camera footage >>

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/22/hunters.killed/

geo said:

Asian man with automatic rifle defends himself against racist white hunters. 6 dead. No camera footage [/url]

Sounds like the media for sure. Next thing you'll see is Eric Holder and Obama making public statements, if it were to go down that path.

geo said:
Could be a hate crime. Asian driver, Hispanic biker, rainbow helmet. Next thing you know the biker will want Obamacare.

Asian man with automatic rifle defends himself against racist white hunters. 6 dead. No camera footage

Are Arabs white when they commit an act of terror and remain Semitic when law abiding American citizens?

Kontra Kommando said:

Sounds like the media for sure. Next thing you'll see is Eric Holder and Obama making public statements, if it were to go down that path.

Nah that was me telling you the Asian guy's side of the story. He shot 9 people with 8 bullets when they told him that was their tree stand.

They are absolutely a gang, that lawyer's argument won't hold up. As for the guy that smashed the driver's window; all I have to say is, what a total scumbag. He has 6 kids, he's been unemployed for the past two years; yet he as time to drive to a distant city with his friends, and cause mayhem in the streets. They're going to throw the book at this guy, and rightfully so. Get off the street, and get a job, loser! I see the mentality now, since he isn't man enough to provide for his family, his motorcycle gang is there for compensation. But the reality is that he's a big fat pussy on a bike. Real men work.

Is it a gang gang or do they do motorcycle stunts and get youtube money? They all seem to have video cameras.

People can have 6 kids and be 'unemployed' getting paid under the table.

geo said:

People can have 6 kids and be 'unemployed' getting paid under the table.

That's most likely the case, now that you mention it. How else would he be able to maintain his bike at the very least. But I'm sure he has the american public providing for his children.

When I worked for 5 weeks at a factory as a temp, there was a guy there that explained he's only there to have a legitimate way to pay back a fine for pot dealing. He still sells pot... but can't pay a pot dealing fine with pot money.

And yeah bike maintenance is crucial, but a true gang would just steal the bike and know how to maintain them.

I had sat in on a few legal seminars for various reasons including child support. If you have 6 or more kids in IL you have to pay 50% of your earnings. A lot of people sitting in on that particular seminar were there wondering about 'unemployed' guys getting away with not paying child support yet they still had money for rent and car payments.

>> I wonder how Hell's Angels feel about this gang.

More >> http://gma.yahoo.com/christopher-cruz-biker-charged-suv-attack-says-hes-152732705--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1

Ha the slow down guy's name is Christopher Cruz. Makes me laugh. People cruise on motorcycles. He does a sit down interview with his lawyer and ABC. He doesn't feel responsible for starting everything that paralyzed one of his gang members. He's a father of 2 and works at a car wash.

His reasonable excuse for slowing down is to change lanes and check where his friends are behind the SUV. Which in a way I can believe. I'm a defensive driver, so I will slow down to change lanes on a busy highway... with my turn signal on. He has no brake light. Nor were there any blinkers on his bike indicating any sort of lane change.

geo said:

Zimmerman is innocent in FL for standing his ground. Yet a black woman firing a shot to warn her abusive husband to stay away got her in jail in FL

If you're going to parrot this shit at least get your facts right.

1. Zimmerman WAVED his right to "stand your ground" he was not found not-guilty because of it, he was found not-guilty on the same self-defense laws as all 50 other states.

2. That woman confronted her husband, LEFT, RETURNED TO THE HOUSE WITH A GUN and then shot. The moment you are able to just leave, self-defense goes out the window.

Also the driver was in the right here, if you injure someone while they are in the middle of assaulting you or your property you're not at fault.

It's hard for me to have any sympathy for the biker gang. All motorcyclists know that riding a motorcycle is dangerous and to always drive defensively and assume the worst from other motorists (to assume carelessness from other cars and trucks and to drive safe distances from them), and that the risks are great enough without doing anything intentionally stupid or driving in any way aggressively to incite road rage in other motorists. Was it maybe the most just way for them to receive much deserved retaliation? Maybe not, but given the circumstances, it's hard to blame the driver. If he had pulled a gun and started shooting gang members, then I would think that was a bit much, but hitting the gas, whether intentionally trying to run over motorcycles or not, seems pretty understandable, if not justifiable. I think the infant in the SUV helps his case considerably.

I think focusing on whether or not the driver of the SUV reacted out of self defense or not is splitting hairs. The gang members were behaving incredibly stupidly and they should not be in the least bit surprised that this was the outcome.

I actually feel bad for the driver getting beat up afterwards. And I can't help think maybe he didn't try to hit anymore motorcyclists after they pursued him because he felt bad after running over the first motorcyclist, but that of course is wild conjecture on my part.

EDIT: watching the video again it's not at all hard to imagine the driver of the SUV, surrounded by a gang of motorcyclists, panicked, and hit the gas.

EDIT: This is the same highway I was driving home on last night (I drive it all the time). Took exit 14 like they did, then got on I-87.

EDIT: one thing that's confusing to me is the driver of the SUV didn't lock his doors after fleeing, and also, he doesn't seem to be fleeing at a very fast pace. Also, did he call 911 while he was driving? Maybe he was worried he'd get in trouble so he didn't.

My sympathies for the gang are reduced further given that they messed with a vehicle that could actually run them over. If they had messed with me in my little 2000lb civic hatchback, I wouldn't have been able to run them over if I wanted to.

full video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INfElroIKO0

EDIT: also interesting is the motorcylicst who filmed the whole thing uploaded the video to youtube thinking...what, that the police would side with the m'cycle gang?

EDIT: apparently an uncercover police officer was present on the road but did nothing to stop the altercation for fear of blowing his cover (hmmmmmmm)
http://www.ibtimes.com/bikers-attack-suv-3-bikers-charged-attack-alexian-lien-lawyer-says-his-client-overreacted-didnt

Lien's wife made a statement that her sympathies went to the injured cyclist who was run over, but that her husband acted out of necessity to protect the lives of their family: http://www.ibtimes.com/new-york-motorcycle-attack-update-driver-alexian-liens-wife-rosalyn-ng-says-we-were-grave-danger

EDIT: More developments on the motorcyclists' side of the story:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57606600/nypd-undercover-officer-arrested-in-suv-motorcycle-gang-attack/ Video in the link.