Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Doomworld Battlefield 4 Platoon

So the BF4 beta is out and it's fucking awesome! Anyway, I was thinking if any of you who play BF4 beta want to make a platoon? Would be cool to play with people from DW :) My battletag is Cyberdemon_1542

Anyway, the default map is just amazing. Compared to BF3, there is a lot more verticality involved. Skyscrapers are perfect sniper nests. Boats are in too.

I didn't even know they could do that, but they probably will shut it down and charge more to rent out BF4 servers, EA tends to do that.

Doesn't matter, BF4 is quite the game. The beta map alone is quite awesome and the game is very stable for a beta.

Been playing the beta on my Xbox 360 since yesterday and surprisingly its fun to the point where I decided to preorder the game considering that I haven't bought a new console game for nearly a year.

Philnemba said:

Been playing the beta on my Xbox 360 since yesterday and surprisingly its fun to the point where I decided to preorder the game considering that I haven't bought a new console game for nearly a year.

The Xbox beta seems incredibly rough, I'm used to "beta" meaning glorified demo, but this doesn't even seem like beta quality yet. Chunks of the map were randomly disappearing, I kept getting strange artifacts on the screen, sometimes the deploy menu would show as entirely black until I hit start, and the ragdoll physics seem hilariously broken (my corpse accelerated up a flight of stairs and made a small jump...).

Ignoring all the issues, it's not really my thing. I've never actually played a Battlefield game before, they looked fun, I had friends into them, but I this just doesn't do it for me. Combat's over too fast and there's too much downtime between fighting where you're running/driving over half the map without seeing another person.

What is glorified about calling it a beta?

The beta is pretty unstable for me. I've yet to play a game all the way through. Keep getting disconnected which results in a crash. Or if it crash and then disconnects. Whichever I can't tell.

BF3 open beta was pretty rough, too. DICE likes to finish their games after launch it seems.

Not too enthused about these 'Battlepacks' either. Seems a step down from BF3's already grindy unlock system.

It usually plays pretty well for me. It's highly unstable, I get random crashes sometimes with no two situations being the same. I once crashed for firing a shotgun.

Either way, I read somewhere that the beta was very far from optimized, and the servers are experiencing problems performance wise with punkbuster.

Unless they detach Origin from their games, I wouldn't touch it.

Rayzik said:

Either way, I read somewhere that the beta was very far from optimized, and the servers are experiencing problems performance wise with punkbuster.

Well, PB is known for being a resource hog. In games like BF where they ramp up the requirements it is certain to make a larger impact than usually though.