Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Binary

Need help for new album

I know there are a lot of talented musicians and artists here on Doomworld, so I figured this is the best place to come and ask for some assistance.

This is Hybrid Technology, an album comprising aggresive variants of cutting-edge futuristic hip-hop, rock and a perhaps a bit of dubstep.
This is a small pre release comprising three full tracks (including a Linkin Park remix), and I will upload gradually more as they will get done, if this works out.

[link] https://www.dropbox.com/s/2voopfxbcckcxje/futureONE_Hybrid%20Technology%20beta.rar

It has been designed to be as powerful-sounding as possible, which makes this album the perfect thing for someone who wants to cool off their nerves, and also with Doom gameplay in mind.

The full album will have 8 tracks when it will be completed, but for that to happen, I need some contributions from you guys.
I would appreciate help greatly from:

<<<<< I. Graphical artist >>>>>

I need someone to design the cover art for the album. A mad thug with a bloody bat in his hand might be an idea, and if you can paint, or model (but probably not), let me know!

<<<<< II. Turntablist >>>>>

Well, turntablist is a pretty exagerated term, actually. If you own a turntable at all, this could be of huge help too, because I need scratching samples for the first track, "Superconscious" . I could do that too using a VST turntable, but it would be a huge waste of time, and it would sound nowhere nearly as good as the real thing. So, let me know, and I’ll give you the vocal sample in question.

<<<<< III. Vocalist/rapper >>>>>

This one's pretty self-explanatory. If you do acapella and/or write songs (especially rap ones), or even know someone who does it and is willing for a collab, let me know!

Any other type of contribution, however, if it works with the project, will be appreciated greatly as well! If you have a cool synthline, for example, that you think will work,
or any other thing, do not hesitate to let me know!
Also, let me know of the possibe flaws on mixing or other aspects!
Needless to say, if you help me, I will credit you too. Also, this will work on your benefit too, since you will gain game too, because I'm doing very well on SoundCloud (~300 plays/day, no tricks).

It has been a dream since childhood to be able to make this type of album and I really want this album to exist and to find it's place in the hearts of whoever likes it and finds it of comfort. I reckon it would also be pretty cool for the Doom community to collaborate to make a dope album, so download the demo release, and if you like it, come one and contribute!

Khorus said:

A Doomworld community album where the music is made by one dude.

k.

k, changed title happy now? And you know, we can make this a community album actually, since it was a real possibility when i thought this throught the first time, so you don't have to be such a nitpicker you know.

yukib1t said:

A community album would actually be pretty cool... I contributed to something similar a few years ago and again this year.

Well, I don't really know what's gonna turn of this at the time. You're good at this stuff, since I've listened to your music, can't you do turntables?

Binary said:

Well, I don't really know what's gonna turn of this at the time. You're good at this stuff, since I've listened to your music, can't you do turntables?

I've never done turntables nor do I know how to use Traktor or anything similar. I'm better at the composition and production side of things. I can mix music together "DJ-style", and have made some mix CDs that way (all trance, mind you), but it's more of a hack-y way of doing so. Scratching is right out.

yukib1t said:

I've never done turntables nor do I know how to use Traktor or anything similar. I'm better at the composition and production side of things. I can mix music together "DJ-style", and have made some mix CDs that way (all trance, mind you), but it's more of a hack-y way of doing so. Scratching is right out.

You don't have to be good, really, because I have good editing skills and I can make it sound dope no matter what. I just need a big chunk ~10 mins or so of scratch improvisation and that's really all it takes! S, can that Traktor thing of yours make scratches?

And here's one of the tracks that I've reuploaded, BTW, in case you wanna hear.

http://soundcloud.com/ft-one/linkin-park-high-voltage