Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carnevil

Wrack launches on Steam!

It's finally here... and now on Steam! We're there in Early Access, and will be releasing updates every two weeks until this sucker is all complete! There's all sorts of great features in the Steam version which you can read about here.

Trailer:

Screenshots:

On a quick sidenote, I'd just like to say that as stressful as prior criticism has been, it's definitely all been for the better. If nothing else, you guys definitely let us know that the levels in the alpha could have been a lot better, and as a result of that, now they are. So, big thanks all of you for doing your thing! :)

I know what I'm asking for this Christmas... This game looks really awesome. Can't wait to get it. It was also really cool watching it develop. Good job on pushing through with this, Carn.

YES!!! That's just awesome, congratulations! I've been waiting for quite a while now!

Thanks everyone! :D

Obsidian said:

Congratulations dude. Wrack 'n Roll!

I'm fine if you want to use that as a tagline, by the way. :P

That's the name of the theme song Bobby wrote for it ;)

Obsidian said:

Err, great minds think alike? :D

I knew this is what you'd written before I read it. Does this mean that ultimately, I have a mind like Bobby Prince?

Congratulations Carn, I look forward to getting around to playing this.

Congrats, Carn! I'll have to give this a whirl in the near-future. Looking forward to a good time.

Congratulations Carnevil. I bought the game as soon as I saw your post on here yesterday. I cannot wait to play it. I gave you some promotion on Facebook and /r/steam as well. :)

If you ever think about adding Oculus Rift support I would be more than willing to help test it.

Kudos for getting your game on STEAM.

That said, while I did buy the early version of your game while it was 10 dollars, I don't think I will buy the full thing.

The biggest problem I have with the game is that the combat just doesn't feel good enough, and I blame a lot of this on the rather boring types of enemies. The weapons them self's feel ok, but the enemy design just doesn't interest me.

AW HELL YEAH! Awesome news Carn and co! I just picked it up on steam a few minutes ago so congratulations on the steam launch mate.

It's a lot of fun to play but the enemy animations are definitely the weakest part of the entire thing

Thanks everyone! :D Hope you guys have been enjoying it!

And I don't disagree that some of the animations could be better. Really hoping to improve those. That's part of why modeling/animation is mentioned in the "Help Wanted" quit screen. Doing the best we can all things considered.

40oz's cohost on WXR said:

^ HA! What a fag! Go develop your own awesome DOOM-inspired game, then maybe one person might take lame comments like that seriously!

hardcore_gamer said:

That said, while I did buy the early version of your game while it was 10 dollars, I don't think I will buy the full thing.

Um, I think you have access to the full game because you bought it early. Or at least that's the impression I got of how it works.

splatterhouse: cool homophobia bro

ClonedPickle said:

Um, I think you have access to the full game because you bought it early. Or at least that's the impression I got of how it works.

splatterhouse: cool homophobia bro

I'm not homophobic at all. I actually have gay friends and support gay rights. It's just a word, FAG! haha