Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SavageCorona

GG, Youtube, you fucked it up AGAIN!

How much worse do you think Youtube could possibly get?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How much worse do you think Youtube could possibly get?

• None at all, this is the epitome of absolutely fucking horrible.
    • It may well get worse.
    • It's definitely going to get even worse than this.
    • It's going to turn into fucking Google video enterprises.

Nothing good has ever come of a YouTube comment discussion and I highly doubt making the medium for commenting any better or worse will change that. I guess in principle the new system is pretty moronic, but then if I were the guy in charge of programming the ultimate interface for allowing users to call each other faggots and fart out conspiracy theories in fractured English, I would probably make it suck too.

EDIT: On the other hand, I'd be super pissed if all my subscriptions were held hostage until I got a Google+ (I apparently already have one, though it's completely empty.) It does worry me that I have an ever-decreasing idea of what Google is integrating my Gmail with.

Worst-Case-Scenario: They integrate Google+ into watching videos, forcing you to connect to Google+ before even getting to watch videos.

Best-Case-Scenario: They won't listen to our rants, raves and petitions.
But nothing changes and nothing worse happens.

It's still a lose-lose situation for us.

Well, it does sucks that the Google+ is being forced upon us at YT. But what really scrapes the bottom of the barrel is that YouTube is not the only site that has that crap. One time, i tried to look at a few things at one of those image hosting sites, i had to register myself there. And guess what i ended up having to do: i had to delete the damn Google+ page of mine that i didn't even ask for. Good thing it only took a minute to find the "Delete account" button.

Aoi_Shinigami said:

i had to register myself there. And guess what i ended up having to do: i had to delete the damn Google+ page of mine that i didn't even ask for. Good thing it only took a minute to find the "Delete account" button.

What site was it?

Crasger said:

What site was it?

Pixiv.
It had an option of registering with a Google account, which i thought wasn't bad since i already had GMail account.
All i wanted to do there was see some NSFW content that i was searching at the time. Aaand apart from that, i have little to no reason to go there (not that i'm mad or anything..)

StupidBunny said:

Nothing good has ever come of a YouTube comment discussion and I highly doubt making the medium for commenting any better or worse will change that.

As someone with a sizable amount of Youtube subscribers, I could not disagree with you more. These changes really screwed up my channel and the way I interacted with my fans. It isn't impossible now, but it is certainly a lot more frustrating than it was a week ago. I made a few great connections through comments on my videos. It's worse and it changed it

Most of us that had a partnership with Youtube (myself included) have blocked comments and are moving discussions to reddit. Ralphis, I hope you do the same. it's a shame, really.

darknation said:

Jesus, how many deluded fuckwits out there think that they are in a 'partnership' or 'relationship' with youtube?

Seriously guys. You enabled ads and make ten bucks per video thanks to bored twelve years olds watching everything. Great.

Sure, it's the official terminology. Why is that? Because those words sound important and impressive to underachieving youngsters. You demean yourself by relaying their purely marketing driven usage of the word.

There is a business relationship between the sharecropper and the landowner. The sharecropper is individually inconsequential, and easily replaceable, and can be lost without making any dent to the landowner's revenue line; whereas the landowner is an almighty god who can do as he pleases; but the asymmetry of the relationship doesn't make it not one. Because this is what Youtube (among with many other Web 2.0 hosts, like Wikia and co) is: a digital sharecropping platform.

Also, reddit is awful, but youtube comments are the worst, so I guess it's possible reddit is less awful than youtube comments? It's a bit hard to think of reddit as being less awful than something else, to be honest.

People who base their use of language strictly out of dictionary definitions in a vacuum always seem to make the assumption anyone who doesn't is uneducated and ignorant; whereas most of those "uneducated masses" that first guy is sneering at understand language is inherently contextual and go beyond those initial definitions.

In other words: duh. We get it. Nobody is contesting this is technically true. It's just the most pretentious way to phrase the situation out of several options.

pretentious, yes, very. but also clever; using these words (the youtube 'family' etc) they've managed to make a group of unwashed, unloved geeks feel somehow special. And then they mined them for all it's worth.

seems like a lot of people are in an abusive relationship with google. Can't help but admire them for seducing you with words and clever marketing, then bringing out the righteous left-hand of Pimp when you stupid 'hoes weren't bringing in enough money.

Pro-Tip: there is never enough money. Save yourselves while you still can.

...I'll just leave this here... *trollface* *evil laugh*

===================================

☻/ This is Bob. Copy and paste him
/▌ all over youtube
/ \ so he can take over
and return the old comment section

░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is building an army.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂___ ☻ /︻╦╤─ This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████] /▌ Copy and Paste this all over
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤ _/ \ YouTube if you are with us

(҂-_-) People of YouTube we must get the old comment system
<,︻╦╤─ Back. Grab a weapon and copy and paste this
/""""""""""""\======= ,︻╦╤─ ,︻╦╤─ ,︻╦╤─ ,︻╦╤─ ,︻╦╤─

Meh, I saw it coming. I just decided to switch to Google+ to solely change my username, pretty cool feature actually. The fuckest thing about this whole Google+ overtaking is the change of the commenting system, like holy crap did they screw this up big time. It's bullshit when someone comments on a video linking a part of a video (ex. "Haha, funny part at 0:36") and when you click it, the video opens up a whole new tab and doesn't even do anything at all. Like what the fuck. Everything else I'm okay with, it's just Youtube is getting less and less functional each year and aesthetically disgusting.

Previous obvious to anyone who has a functioning mind it's blatant fascism in your face and nothing to do with an accidental screw up. I'd abandon it once it turns into an autistic tabletized page of rainbow boxes.

...at first, i was all like "WTF does Mythbusters have to do with YouTube?"

So, judging by the comments, it seems that the video is the only one in the YT that actually HAS the old comment system. I am a bit confused, but i'm somehow impressed...

SavageCorona said:

TotalBiscuit video

>supports positivity filter

>gives trigger warning

Fuck that guy.

Netherstorm said:

It's bullshit when someone comments on a video linking a part of a video (ex. "Haha, funny part at 0:36") and when you click it, the video opens up a whole new tab and doesn't even do anything at all.

Typing in a time no longer does anything for me anymore. It doesn't even highlight the text.

Aoi_Shinigami said:

/▌ all over youtube
/ \ so he can take over

Seeing people Spam that makes me angry, they look like a bunch of morons imo.

Aoi_Shinigami said:

/▌ all over youtube
/ \ so he can take over

That spam is probably not gonna help.

Crasger said:

That spam is probably not gonna help.

Nonsense. All great social change in history has been accomplished through reposted ASCII images.

I have long thought that getting rid of the comments system on YouTube (possibly moving comments to an offsite link) would be the single best way to improve the site and massively increase its credibility. Perhaps this might actually happen?

Posting annoying, repeated, page-space hogging ASCII art only serves to make the comments even more useless (though perhaps less retarded) and, I hope, will help to hasten their demise.

In all goddamn seriousness, that Bob shit won't help, hell it'll probably make the situation worse.

Whoever started that 'Bob' spam nonsense is one clever arse.

Enjay said:

I have long thought that getting rid of the comments system on YouTube (possibly moving comments to an offsite link) would be the single best way to improve the site and massively increase its credibility. Perhaps this might actually happen?

Comments are the only way people craving for attention are going to gain it. Likes won't do the cut. I wouldn't ever bother uploading doom .lmps there long time ago if there was no way to comment on video.