Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demonicus666

We ever gonna see doom 3 bfg mods ?

Unless they add mod support I doubt it. The original Doom 3 modding community hasn't exactly blown the world away and they do have the capacity to mod the game. So...

BFG Edition is open source so... a modder would probably start by making it load their mod in the first place.

As far as I know, they didn't disable mod support. Wasn't Sodaholic loading PWADs by merging them into the IWADs and packaging them as a Doom 3 mod?

I thought the issue was the none of the old mods are compatible with the new version, and no one's bothered updating/porting.

Average said:

Unless they add mod support I doubt it. The original Doom 3 modding community hasn't exactly blown the world away and they do have the capacity to mod the game. So...

But their was that remake of Doom which was quite decent.

Dragonsbrethren said:

As far as I know, they didn't disable mod support. Wasn't Sodaholic loading PWADs by merging them into the IWADs and packaging them as a Doom 3 mod?

That's for Doom and Doom II, not for Doom 3.

They completely changed the way data is archived, so mods would have to be repackaged to be able to work in D3BFG. The best solution would probably to have a Doom 3 source port that's compatible with both systems so that you can play both the original release and the BFG remaster with it, but for that to happen you'd first need to have a Doom 3 source port. And it's not happening.