Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

bots in zandronum, odamex, zdaemon

Are they any more advanced than the ones in skulltag? Just wondering since afaik skulltag stopped development in 2010, and they're ports based on zdoom.

None of the bots in the doom source ports are very great, but I would say zandronum probably does have the "smartest" ones. Odamex does not have bots at all.

At the risk of hijacking, where do you find bots and how do you 'run' them in a source port? I'd like to play some DM with them but I've only played single player since the ZDaemon heydays and I'm totally out of touch with these things...

The easiest way to add them in ZDaemon is through zlauncher in single player mode. In Zandronum you load whatever settings you want and then enter "addbot" into the console.

Guest Unregistered account
Average said:

...Where do you find bots and how do you 'run' them in a source port? I'd like to play some DM with them but I've only played single player since the ZDaemon heydays and I'm totally out of touch with these things...

To play a Deathmatch with bots in SkullTag or Zandronum, you have to select Multiplayer > Offline Skirmish, choose the map you want (skulltag_data.pk3 includes some of its own), the modifiers (if you want one, Buckshot gives everyone a Super shotgun, Instagib gives everyone a Railgun) and the number of wins required for each game setting.

then, you choose the bot settings. The difficulty is self-explanatory, but the actual bot difficulty is the bottom one.
Then, if you actually wanna play with bots, you've gotta go into bot settings to configure which of Skulltag's bots you're going to play with (They have varying difficulty, with Chubbs being the weakest. Download some of Skulltag's official skins and they'll appear as bots in Bot Setup).

Finally, select "Start game!" and frag 'em all!

Guest Unregistered account
Vulture said:

I would say zandronum probably does have the "smartest" ones.

Zandronum's bots are the same as Skulltag's.