Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chungy

/idgames torrent - Feb2016 Edition

Being that the server's been down all month and all, figured it was a good time to make this. Hopefully it works (no trackers, but I think it'll pick up with peer exchange), and if anyone has their own personal mirrors, might be good to feed it to the torrent (and verify data) to preseed stuff.

• I'll try to seed as much as I can, and I can't promise great upload speeds from scratch!

Torrent file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13513277/idgames.torrent
    Magnet link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:49d9ebc6b4c2cbc0e23250b58f9d2701fad8e00e&dn=idgames

• FTP is a terrible way to sync directories and torrents are even worse. You might end up with extra files left in your directory that the torrent doesn't describe. Harmless, but a trick I find, is that most torrent clients allow moving the destination directory, and when you do that, all the files not in the torrent get left behind. :p

February 2016 Update! I've made a new version of this torrent, including everything up to the first of February 2016. Enjoy :)

That one is only representative up to July, and having it all in a zip file seems... inconvenient.

All the same, if there's a process to get archive.org updated, I'm all for it.

This actually froze my uTorrent when I tried to open it, and that has never happened before to me. That's a lot of files. o.o

Wait, the torrent at archive.org is to download all idgames files (with the exception of the complete /idstuff directory), up to July 2013? What's the total size of that?

I've watched a few people gain the entire idgames, which is great. Hope everyone that has is pitching in efforts to seed as much as they can :)

Since I thought it might be interesting, although the file contents are most important, I made a shell script that re-adds two symlinks unable to be represented in the torrent, as well as touch'ing every file to set the modification timestamp to match those of the idgames server. On Windows, you'll probably have to run it through Cygwin, or convert the shell script to use other kinds of native tools; additionally, you may want to remove the first two lines that recreate the symlinks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13513277/idgames-dates.sh.xz (compressed, use unxz to uncompress and run in the idgames directory)

Bumping because I've made a new copy of the torrent. Hope everyone can enjoy :D

Many files within the archive have been moved around or deleted. Most of your old copies should still update fine, but beware you'll have leftover files from them if other measures aren't taken (such as the move trick I mentioned in the first post).