Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

32in24-13: A THANKSGIVING WITH NO BURGERS

FINAL RELEASE IS HERE!

Welcome to "32in24-13: A THANKSGIVING WITH NO BURGERS." We will be creating a minimum of 32 BOOM Compatible DEATHMATCH maps. The theme of the session is the saddest holiday meals ever. All maps must be food related. Probably just the names but if you want to incorporate it into the map design that's cool too.

*** PROJECT ALL OVER! ***

This is a benefit for Dimmy Waywes. 11/24/10 NEVER FORGET.

============================================================

What is 32in24 for those who have never heard of it?

We make 32 Doom 2 maps in 24 hours. We get together, have a good time, and compile them. Most of the time there are more than 32 maps too. Any mapper can contribute and learn. Don't be shy. These are speed maps, and the process is designed to give you feedback and allow you to grow and progress in your skills.

This is the thirteenth numbered iteration in the series, and we've hosted other events as well. Anyone can feel free to join us on IRC at #32in24 in the OFTC.net server, where the mappers chat about their process.

If you are a mapper for this session and are interested in livestreaming your mapping process, some people from other communities have shown interest in seeing what it's like to make a Doom Map! Let us know if you'd like to host a live stream and we'll get the buzz up.

Rules and tips:

- Mappers will have 24 hours to make a playable version of their map for compilation in the wad. Submit as many maps as you'd like, but they must be in a PLAYABLE STATE for the first run through. You will have a chance to revisit them after play testing in a second 24 hour period in exactly one week!
- The only resources you can use for textures and flats in the game are those present in doom2.wad and 32in24ctf-tex.wad ( http://essel.spork-chan.net/wasd/32in24ctf-tex.zip ) You may feel free to provide your own music for maps in the form of a midi file included in your completed map post.
- Yes, that's right, we're using CTF textures. Just because it's not cc4 textures.
- All completed maps should be posted in this thread with a URL, the map's name and the music desired linked. Make sure all maps play on MAP01, and link the midi file seperate from the wad, makes the compiler's life easier.
- All of the maps MUST HAVE FOOD RELATED NAMES.
- The maps must all be in BOOM FORMAT. They will be played in all sourceports.
- The maps should be a suitable size for 4-8 players but should have at least 16 starts for the large sessions.
- Please delete the 3D starts.
- Don't include excessive floor bumps or wall snags, smooth play is more important than beauty. But we still like beauty.
- Map Rotation - We're going to try to showcase the most smoothly playing maps earlier in the wad, as graded by our testers, but also may mix things up by visual style, map size, etc, as well, just in the hopes of making it an interesting playing experience all throughout the rotation. Joke maps will probably be put at or near the end. If we get more than 32 maps and your map is above 32, that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Hopefully our testing will ensure that all of the maps play great and you'll make changes in the second session that will bring it on par with the greats.
- Be a good guy and don't revise in the middle of the week if you can help it. Wait for the feedback to come in and the next session to start!
- Have fun!

Super Jamie - I Gave My Love a Chicken, it Had No Bones (Disqualified for being shit.)
sgt dopey - I ate at McDonald's and This Happened
sgt dopey - Curry Night
joe-ilya = https://www.mediafire.com/?3l66x03g73bd546 (Not yet titled?)
gothic - Kentuky Fried Cacodemon
pcorf - Super Sweet Candy - Midi
Springy - This Turkey Needs More Cocain Nigella
nub_hat - Discount Salughterhouse
gothic - Chocolate Factory
Hurricyclone - Ruptured Raspberries
Cacowad - BWT This is Definitely Tomato Sausage
Marcaek - Tongue Deep in Stromboli - MIDI
40oz - Late Night Porking
ClonedPickle Apocalypse Aftermath and Frank's Factory for Spicy Sauce
TheMionicDonut - The Guacamole Shuffle!
40oz - Slow Dance Chubby
Tango - The Tragic Burger King - MIDI
Maracaek - Bob's Space Peanut Packing Plant - lost.mid
RottKing - Caco-Cola Factory - Musicks
Xaser - LET THE BURGERS HIT THE FLOOR - BEAAAATEN WHY FOOOOOOR
Philnemba - Pink mashmallow globs
Tib - As the Chocolate Falls - I dunno if this song is Judas Priest or not haven't listened
Philnemba - Fisting and Chainsawing the Meatlocker - Musicks
Walter Confalonieri - Chicken Bites Arena 9k
Snakes - Marbled Blue Cheese
Olympus - The Aftermath of Taco Bell
TheMionicDonut - Count Chocula's Spooky Castle Adventure
Shadow Hog - A Good Ol Country Dinner
Tib - It's Definitely Edible, Just Try It!
nub_hat - Brick Sandwich
esselfortium - I Made Breakfast!
Jimmy - Eat your Tekgreens
Jimmy - Pie Flesh Consumed
Nautilus - Tap Water and Mayo Sandwiches
Nautilus - Home Invasion on Cyber Monday
Nautilus - Fast Food for Thanksgiving
Caek - Gravy Bitch
Rottking - Welcome to Pizza Void
Mechadon - Marmalade Murder Mansion
Mechadon - Tater Tot Tempest
Mechadon - UAC BBQ Processing
Mechadon - Mekworx Blue Plate Special
Lupinx-Kassman - Pie in the Sky Dinner
Clonedpickle - Kumquat Control
TheMionicDonut - Black Friday!
Scroton - UAC Food Labs Nightmare
Tarnsman - Blue Cheese Mashpotatoes
Jimmy - Steak and Kidney Stones (heh wrong order!)

*** PROJECT ALL OVER! ***

I'm going to try and actually contribute to another one of these things. Crossin' them fingers!

40oz's bowl of pink spaghetti comes to mind.

So I'm kind of new to these: is there a specific time and date where everyone has to start mapping? Or do you just make a map in 24 hours whenever it suits you?

ClonedPickle said:

It's a specific 24 hour time period that started nearly two hours ago.

Heh, thanks. I'm stupid.

Someone should copy all of Episode 4 into one map and cheat with "Thy Flesh Consumed"

IT FITS MUCH OF THE PARAMETERS DOES IT NOT!?

Here you go. Its a medium/largeish sized arena suitable for about 16 players

Title: I ate at MacDonald's and this happened
Music Burzum - War
Player Starts A lot

Hell fucking yes! One of the greatest compilations of multiplayer maps is back. Give me 5 hours or so I'll try and get a map in.

I humbly request that BURGERSKY be added to the texturepack for the final release. This would be a masterpiece of everything correct and just in the world.

I have some free time today so I'll be doing some delicious maps. Although I'm sick, so don't expect anything fantastic and/or detailed :P. By the way, is it ok to do some detailing later on?

Mechadon said:

I have some free time today so I'll be doing some delicious maps. Although I'm sick, so don't expect anything fantastic and/or detailed :P. By the way, is it ok to do some detailing later on?

Absolutely fine to do detailing and tweaking later on. The main thing is to get it playable and start to collect feedback on balance so the maps can be refined.

I'm awake now, so I'm gonna start getting maps organized in the post.

So, uh, I've got a confession to make. The reason we're all out of burgers this Thanksgiving is because I stole them all.

Sorry guys.

Quick bugreport on the texture pack: it replaces FIREBLU. See attached IRC quotation.

<Tarnsman> I can't make Alfonzo's Post Thanksgiving Shits
<Tarnsman> without fireblu
<Tarnsman> FIREBLU IS CRITICAL!

Well, I'm back now and found quite a serious bug when I looked back on my map one of the tags was set wrong. Oh and in some parts I couldn't implement stairs because it just ended up corrupting but I found a way around that. Would I be able to tweak something like that later? Sorry, I forgot to test it out because I was in a hurry as I didn't realise I had other more important things to do today.