Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Average

Recommend a DB Tutorial?

After nearly 20 years I've decided to finally take the plunge and try to make some levels. Not to make anything grand but just to try to appreciate the work of others around here.

I'm TOTALLY new to this so I thought I'd look on Youtube for any Doom Builder tutes. There are quite a few from quite a few different Youtubers. Can you guys recommend any of quality that you know of. I don't want to waste my time (done enough of that already) watching only to find that there are better and clearer ways of doings things.

Thanks for any help.

Chubzdoomer's and JaundiceJaun's videos are the ones I go for, some of the most helpful videos I have ever seen and covers just about everything you will really need.

Pretty much what he said: I learnt how to map from the exact same guys, although a good portion of the tutorials are ZDoom-oriented.

Guest Unregistered account
Obsidian said:

Pretty much what he said: I learnt how to map from the exact same guys, although a good portion of the tutorials are ZDoom-oriented.

Although Chubzdoomer focuses a bit more on the basics.

Chubzdoomer is great! He's really patient and straightforward, and doesn't fuck around with loud background music or endless stammering or tangents. He's pretty much the only guy I go to for DB tutorials.

Guest Unregistered account
GoatLord said:

Chubzdoomer is great! He's really patient and straightforward, and doesn't fuck around with loud background music...

Yeah... while JaundiceJaun isn't awful, that stupid heavy metal music in the background in his older episodes were really distracting and the volume of it was louder than his voice.