Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dg93

Are there any good Capture The Flag wads for either Doom 1 or Doom 2?

I started getting into playing CTF wads using Zandronum and I now prefer it over the traditional deathmatching. My favorite CTF wad is called "Velocity CTF" and its expansion "Velocity CTF X." I notice that it is a bit harder to find CTF wads on the internet (or at least good CTF wads), unlike the thousands of deathmatch wads on the /idgames database. What are some of your favorites that you know of?

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16744

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16997

I successfully made a CTF wad a few days ago called "Soccor CTF." It will be uploaded soon, once the /idgames server comes out of read only mode.

But for now you can get it here, just extract the zipped document and open the folder "Finished DG93 wads" and you will see the folder Soccor CTF along with three other wads. Feel free to playtest them all and give feedback: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pzidl0l34128x8m/Finished+DG93+WADS+12_2_2013.zip

Enjoy!

There are soooooooo many CTF wads out there, you'd be better off asking this on one of the forums dedicated to their respective multiplayer ports, like the Zandronum or ZDaemon forums

Marcaek said:

There are soooooooo many CTF wads out there, you'd be better off asking this on one of the forums dedicated to their respective multiplayer ports, like the Zandronum or ZDaemon forums

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

OdaCTF, zdaemon mega series, a few of the 32in24's (it escapes me which ones though), velocity, JupiCTF (if you like joke wads), IDL official packs (these contain some maps from some of the ones mentioned), I think UD had one in production (never sure if it got released though). Those all come to mind but I'm certain that I have missed a couple of others I liked.

Springy said:

OdaCTF, zdaemon mega series, a few of the 32in24's (it escapes me which ones though), velocity, JupiCTF (if you like joke wads), IDL official packs (these contain some maps from some of the ones mentioned), I think UD had one in production (never sure if it got released though). Those all come to mind but I'm certain that I have missed a couple of others I liked.

I don't mind joke wads, as long as they are well made and they don't look like something that was put together in like an hour. Velocity is an exampled of a well done CTF wad. I'll check the other ones out. Thanks for the suggestions :)