Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peach freak

Doom sounds on your phone

So who has them? Right now, everytime I get an email, you hear the powerup sound from Doom go off. I'm trying to think of a Doom sound I can use whenever I receive a text message, maybe the powerup sound from PSX Doom.

Um, I have Pac-Man's death noise for text messages, and the game start music for calls. That actually suits me really well, though Doom's a cool enough idea.

I'd love to have Doom sounds, like the fast door opening and closing whenever I lock or unlock my phone or something, maybe a cyberdemon sound or something when I get a text.

The only sounds my phone will use are mp3s so I'll have to use a wad editor to extract the sounds, convert them to mp3, find a website that can upload them with direct links to the downloads and not zips, then type in the url in my phones web browser, wait for it to download....

It's a lot of work for little benefit.

fabian said:

I get to hear the item respawn sound (DSITMBK) whenever I receive a text message.

Lol. I have cybsee.wav (MOO!!) as my message incoming tone and e1m1 as general ring tone. And guess what, some guy on the bus recognized the music once when mypphone rang.

When I receive a text message, I get to hear the supershotgun firing sound sequence (DSDSHTGN, DSDBOPN, DSDBLOAD and DSDBCLS). Been meaning to just use the imp roaming sound (DSBGACT), but it sounded too weird so I decided against using it.

Never had doom ringtone if I remember correctly. only game related ringtone I remember is mgs codec ringtone couple years ago

I've been using the Doom chainsaw as a wake-up alarm on my tablet (being a tablet it had no ringtones so I thought of something quick). Most notably, I used the Doom Comic voice-overs for my phone ringtone. They especially start like a common Doom level (monsters, shotguns and chainsaws making noise) before Doomguy begins to say "Who's a man and a half?!"

129thVisplane said:

When I receive a text message, I get to hear the supershotgun firing sound sequence (DSDSHTGN, DSDBOPN, DSDBLOAD and DSDBCLS). Been meaning to just use the imp roaming sound (DSBGACT), but it sounded too weird so I decided against using it.

i also have a doom sound pack for windows somewhere, like door open / close for maximizing / minimizing windows, chainsaw for starting an .exe, imp idle for background activity or something like that... haven't used since moving to windows 7, but perhaps i'll install it again.

I was going to use the soul cube firing sounds as my message received tone the other day.

For quite a while I had:

Texts: DSRADIO
Email: DSGETPOW
Facebook: DSITMBK

And the actual ringtone was:

In conjunction with that Doom Live Walpaper, it was pretty rad. :D

[edit]Actually, I really miss how I had it. I'm going back. >:D

I have DSITEMUP set as my Facebook notification, Metal Gear Solid's codec for phone calls, and Diablo 2's town portal sound for text messages and emails.

It would be kick ass if I could get a text tone of "to win the game, you must kill me john romero" backwards of course...

I Don't use a doom ringtone. The chrono trigger intro song is my call tone (love that song) and a generic text message alert ringtone for my phone. I really should get a doom ringtone some time.

Doom-themed ringtones and such would be cool, but i'm pretty happy with the current setup i have now: a custom sound-effect for receiving messages i took off a XP theme, and Fassad's Ringtone for when i get calls. there are other sound-effects i could do with replacing, however i don't know if i can replace them on this phone.

I'm not using any Doom ringtones, but I managed to replace the default sounds on my computer with some Doom ones. Right now, if I try to do something I can't, it'll make the Doomguy grunting sound instead of the default chime effect.

This is certainly a tempting proposition; I'd probably pick Donna To The Rescue as my ringer, but only once I get tired of hearing the main music from NES Shadowgate and the L.A. Noire interrogation chimes.

normally hate fucking novelty ringtones, but someone in the pub had the Worms "Incoming!" and bazooka shot sound as their text message tone and I did snort a little bit of beer down my nose.

I used to have Reapers from Mass Effect as my notification alert. With the huge SD card corruption that wiped everything on it, Ive been meaning to get the PSX Doom Demon's wake up sound as the text alert, but I wouldnt have a clue how to do so.

Pirx said:

i also have a doom sound pack for windows somewhere, like door open / close for maximizing / minimizing windows, chainsaw for starting an .exe, imp idle for background activity or something like that... haven't used since moving to windows 7, but perhaps i'll install it again.

I had something like that forever ago for Win 95 etc. Did it have a mouse animation where the "busy" icon was an imp repeatedly gibbing?

Pirx said:

Right now I have the Arachnotron noticing sound for when a device gets plugged in, and the Arachnotron death sound for a device getting unplugged. I would love to replace more sounds, but I can't really think of anything else.

Also wondering which Doom sound wouldn't make an obnoxious ringtone...

For ages, I had Running from evil as my ringtone on my phone, but decided to change it to a non doom tone (the Warthog theme from Red Vs Blue).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaPKU-Kh6Ic

The fact I get asked the question everytime makes it worth it despite the looks I get :D

I use to have my sms as the MGS alert, but changed it to Archer (from Archer) saying "Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots" but looking at changing it again to something noticeable again

I used to have the 'imps nearby' sound as my SMS alert. It's pretty good for freaking people out.