Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SavageCorona

GG, Youtube, you fucked it up AGAIN!

How much worse do you think Youtube could possibly get?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How much worse do you think Youtube could possibly get?

• None at all, this is the epitome of absolutely fucking horrible.
    • It may well get worse.
    • It's definitely going to get even worse than this.
    • It's going to turn into fucking Google video enterprises.

j4rio said:

Comments are the only way people craving for attention are going to gain it. Likes won't do the cut. I wouldn't ever bother uploading doom .lmps there long time ago if there was no way to comment on video.

If it's only catering for attention whoring, who cares?

I suggested an off-site comment system. That way comments could still be made and could still be administered by Google if they set it up sensibly.

I know that some organisations actually deny access to YouTube specifically because of the comments. Some organisations provide limited access to certain members of staff deemed responsible enough to vet videos and avoid showing the comments (or at least evaluating and rejecting certain types of comments) when using the videos in presentations etc.

Bump that may or may not be useful. I just found this in YouTube settings. (click avatar in top right)

Hey presto, thine ass is de-googleplussed. I didn't really read the page you go to after clicking that link, but I think it keeps the google+ account and you have an option to delete. Either way, it keeps you separated.

I'm just pissed the PS3 youtube app isn't working. Cuts off vids after 2 minutes.

Unfortunately, it seems that Google changes the way to separate Google+ from YT every few weeks, according to some of the video instructions at least. I am trying to separate, but so far, most of the instructions i went through already might be completely useless by now...

EDIT: By some miracle, i've finally managed to separate. Now to destroy the + page... >:D

My opinion.

YouTube has screwed up trusting Google. It was good as a search engine and should've STAYED at that. But no. They decide to screw everything good up in this world. The whole fact of "We-need-your-name-on-YouTube-and-youre-gonna-love-it-even-if-you-dont" business is just too much

Does Google know the words "Don't ask me again?" YouTube, you should find a way to get back control of this stuff.

Has anyone found a workaround to this: you see a comment that's in reply to someone else, you click the "in reply to" and it opens another tab, not with the reply, but the video starting over from the start and no reply in sight.

I hate the shit youtube is doing now. I hope it doesn't get worse, they have a shite-load of classical music on there.

Fellowzdoomer said:

YouTube, you should find a way to get back control of this stuff.

That would probably mean buying the site back from Google, unless you can think of a cheaper option.

Hey guys, I think YouTube had just dug their own grave for next year. If you thought the Google+ thing was bad, then listen to this. Apparently there will be big changes to YouTube next year that could kill the ability to upload video gameplay footage to YouTube.

Watch these videos for more information:

Also read the description of the right video by going to the video on the YouTube page if you want a bit more information.

RIP Youtube, thanks for fucking up what was a wonderful website. Now you just pander without question to any copyright claim to Big Music and Big Movies.

Any current LPs are suspended and anything for the future LPwise will not happen. I'm sick of this shit.

NiTROACTiVE said:

Apparently there will be big changes to YouTube next year that could kill the ability to upload video gameplay footage to YouTube.

That sucks, I was planning on doing LP videos in the future. :P

Mr. Chris said:

RIP Youtube, thanks for fucking up what was a wonderful website. Now you just pander without question to any copyright claim to Big Music and Big Movies.

Any current LPs are suspended and anything for the future LPwise will not happen. I'm sick of this shit.

Avoozl:
That sucks, I was planning on doing LP videos in the future. :P

I listened to the videos provided and this sounds like it only affects monetization (if it's even true, as I can't find a single static source on this). Why does affect you two, again?

Well there was already a lot of bad lets plays out there, maybe killing them off will help us all?

In all seriousness I doubt that these new things will effect me, if they do then I will just move on. I wish people would stop complaining about it and just boycott Youtube, not like they will be missing it right?

I also like how the geniuses at Google are making so many drastic changes in so little time, it's like they want to cripple themselves...
Maybe a publicity stunt?

You guys whine about this and that, but you cant beat my one. Loaded up youtube to watch a video, shortly into it, it bluescreened and my computer died for a week. Hasn't been able to shutdown without breaking ever since. Fuck you youtube.

geo said:

I'm just pissed the PS3 youtube app isn't working. Cuts off vids after 2 minutes.

Be thankful its not the Wii U youtube app. It cant even play videos on the gamepad, its so bad everyone just uses the built-in browser to play videos on the actual site, they work perfectly fine that way!

RIP YouTube 2005-2013. It was a great journey.

Might as well move over to DailyMotion or Vimeo now.

In a course of a few weeks, tens of thousands have died due to Typhoon Haiyan, Paul Walker had been killed in an accident, Nelson Mandela died from a lung disease...

..and we're mourning the 'death' of a partly shitty video sharing social-network.

But being on-topic...
Google is seriusly fucking digging YouTube's grave, for some reason.
Did Google have some sort of grudge against the original YouTube that they had to buy it and slowly kill it off?

@Crasger: I already posted about this news with two videos from YouTube, and that video you posted is mine and it talks about the info from those two videos I posted here. But thanks for posting it here anyways.

Anyways, we STILL don't know if the fear of banning of gameplay footage on YouTube has been confirmed, but if it HAS then YouTube will most likely be dead.

It's likely that game companies don't like that people are exposing their games game play on youtube for fear of losing sales no doubt.

NiTROACTiVE said:

@Crasger: I already posted about this news with two videos from YouTube, and that video you posted is mine and it talks about the info from those two videos I posted here. But thanks for posting it here anyways.

I know its yours, I'm subscribed to you BTW.

Avoozl said:

It's likely that game companies don't like that people are exposing their games game play on youtube for fear of losing sales no doubt.

Well if that's the case, then they're full of shit because game play footage on YouTube could help raise awareness of the game's existence as well as increase sales. Gameplay videos also give people an idea on what the game is like.

Crasger said:

I know its yours, I'm subscribed to you BTW.

Alrighty then, and it's nice to hear that you're a YouTube subscriber of mine. :)

Crasger said:

Google is seriusly fucking digging YouTube's grave, for some reason.
Did Google have some sort of grudge against the original YouTube that they had to buy it and slowly kill it off?

It looks like Google's making the same sort of mistake with YouTube that Yahoo did with Flickr, attempting to integrate it with their other services. The service integration team probably aren't all that fussed about an individual service declining in popularity (that'd be someone else's problem) so long as they can get it to play nice as part of the overall Google experience.

NiTROACTiVE said:

Gameplay videos also give people an idea on what the game is like.

I think that's the point Avoozi was trying to make. ;-)

As it seems to be monetized videos only right now but as soon as it starts affecting tiny channels like mine, that marks the end of the BVV on Youtube (uploadwise) and firing it up on Dailymotion much more often.

Y'know, the.main reason I joined YouTube was for doing LPs when I got a computer. Now no game footage?

Next year won't matter if they ban me (fellowzDOOMer) but I can't believe this. They should just start YouTube from scratch considering most of YouTube is games.

*slams door* *starts making rant video*