Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FraGMarE

Aftermath Oldschool Duel is released! Happy 20th DOOMiversary, everyone! :)

It is finally done! The 11 map, vanilla OS duel map pack that I've labored and nitpicked over for the past few months is finally finished!

Since /idgames is currently down, here is the download link:

http://fragmare.mindrec.com/amath.zip

A map pack containing 11 highly polished and thoroughly tested duel maps, made for the original "vanilla" doom2.exe.

This WAD strives to create an oldschool dueling experience while pushing the vanilla engine to its limit. The end result is a map pack that runs on any and all ports of DOOM II (including the original DOS doom2.exe), but looks and plays like something much more contemporary.

There should be something here for everybody to enjoy. That is to say, everyone should be able to find at least one map in this WAD that they like to duel on. There is quite a bit of visual and gameplay variety between all eleven of these maps.

Now for some screenshots:

Shoulda made an imgur gallery or something

But I remember running through these and thinking they were pretty solid, props

Very nice looking, I also don't play much DM but downloaded them just to take a look. Very pretty while still being relatively simplistic, as DM maps should be.

Well they sure look awesome, however I viewed the shots before reading the info and before I did I almost assumed they were in progress SP maps, a shame I don't play MP anymore.

40oz said:

orange map is sick

Haha that map is outdoors on Mars! :D

They found some ancient ruins on the Cydonia region of the planet, apparently. :)

Just duelled on three of these maps. My favorite was the one with the BFG on the outside in the corner of the courtyard, with lift to get you there... Great fun!

EvilNed said:

Just duelled on three of these maps. My favorite was the one with the BFG on the outside in the corner of the courtyard, with lift to get you there... Great fun!

Ahh good ole map04, Singe! Did you guys figure out how to cockblock each other from getting the BFG on that map?

FraGMarE said:

Ahh good ole map04, Singe! Did you guys figure out how to cockblock each other from getting the BFG on that map?

Not really. It was mostly just a bunch of sneaking around and trying to lure out the other player by pressing the lift, luring them to come running, and setting up a trap.

EvilNed said:

Not really. It was mostly just a bunch of sneaking around and trying to lure out the other player by pressing the lift, luring them to come running, and setting up a trap.

Haha yea, that works too. Little bit of reverse psychology.

I tried to make getting the BFG at least somewhat tricky in most of the maps in various different ways.