Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

What's wrong on this screenshot?

Yes, that's E1M1 with the Super-Shotgun!

No, I did not convert the map to Doom 2 or similar. I applied the patch from https://sourceforge.net/p/prboom-plus/feature-requests/89/ to prboom-plus and loaded the game with doom.wad as IWAD and doom2.wad as resource PWAD (which is possible in the current prboom-plus test releases):

prboom-plus -iwad doom.wad -file doom2.wad doom.wad

Of course, you cannot pick up the weapon in Doom 1 levels, so I had to cheat to get it (either id[k]fa or tntweap9 will do). I can tell you, it feels somehow strange but very satisfying to play through Doom 1 with that weapon. ;) What do you think?

So PRBoom+ now looks at the sprites ala ZDoom?

I don't know why, but I find it a little awkward that you are arguably advertising your own commit to a sourceport?

Vermil said:

So PRBoom+ now looks at the sprites ala ZDoom?

Nope, this is just a special treatment for the SSG.

I don't know why, but I find it a little awkward that you are arguably advertising your own commit to a sourceport?

It's not a commit, just a patch, i.e. a suggestion and I wanted some feedback for it.

PrBoom+ is the port I go to when I want fewer deviations from classic doom, without feeling as antiquated as chocolate or vanilla. But there's no harm in something like this really. I agree that Doom 1 is way easier with the SSG available.

you could do this using vanilla doom,as long you provided the resources.It's not too useful,since once you picked up,it's not possible to switch back when if the SSG ran out of ammo or you selected another weapon.
But speaking about the patch,it would be cool if you could put doom 2 monster in the first game too.

marver0PS said:

But speaking about the patch,it would be cool if you could put doom 2 monster in the first game too.

Indeed. And rewriting the spawn filter to look for sprite presence instead of just weeding out specific thing numbers can't be too hard.

Guest Unregistered account

How come you can see that much of the weapon with the classic HUD?