Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Uhh, should open fine without any additional wads. There are some texture bugs in the wad but they shouldn't cause any problems I think. This command line works for me: prboom-plus -iwad doom2 -file rainwash -complevel 2 -skill 4 -warp 31
What kind of error are you getting?

o,o Seems like a problem with one of the new monsters. I don't know much about DEHACKED so I'm not sure what to do here, especially since I can't even reproduce the error. Works for me... Maybe try updating prboom-plus, no idea what else to suggest.

Sorry but this is too eclectic. I wasn't happy to see a Requiem door after seeing several MM2 textures, then these Mordeth barrels and Gothic(?) bricks were too much for me. Failed FDA:

http://www.speedyshare.com/yjtE5/rw-vdgg.lmp

Edit: apparently I got the same message as Revved in an older version of Prb+ (2.5.0.7), 2.5.1.3 was OK

Cool, FDA. Finished in my second attempt, the death came about 30s in delivered by one of those new enemies. Barely scraped by most of the time in the second attempt but an exit is an exit.

Ribbiks is right, the layout is nice and gameplay is fun. You do know how to make a nasty, yet manageable, traps. I don't have an eye for texture violations so I can't really comment on that but there was a lot of variation so I guess I can understand the criticism. Also, loved the grey plasma.

:D)-( Watching Ribbiks react to new objects and monsters was max fun. I disagree with grabbag comments (looks ok and sometimes cool to me) but I see where you're coming from. One day I went through at least 100 wads picking textures/flats that I liked, then put them all in one, and sometimes I use that pack.

edit: very nice "miraculous survival" moments Veinen! Cool to see a successful fda. Grey plasma sprites and sounds are from Invasion UAC btw, a cult ZDaemon coop wad.

New monsters, huh? I'll download this when I get home and have a look. Let me know if you need DeHackEd help, it's something I'm relatively good at. :)

Not so much with DeHackEd but I'd like to know why Revved gets that error: is that a bug in old versions of prboom+ or something wrong with my wad?

The error message says it all actually: you didn't include a replacement sprite for SPIDT0, although I'm not 100% sure how that prevents it from working. On a side note, looking into your wad in SLADE revealed something of an unholy mishmash: I noticed quite a few duplicate sprites used to replace unneeded frames, which was something I used to do when I started out with DeHackEd. Try toying around with the frame table a bit more so you can remove frames instead of adding duplicate sprites.

Another FDA. I stupidly miss the SSG that's right at the start for the majority of the map (and I temporarily forget I have a chaingun, and I get the RL even later than the SSG), but have better fortune in other ways--very few tracker missiles end up being fired at me, for instance. Ultimately no deaths, though I think I was on 7 health or something for a bit.

I thought the music track was too lighthearted/sappy--not surprising, since that's the way I seem to feel about a lot of your music selections in your WADs--but I didn't think the map theme looked bad. Very colorful, sure, but interesting, and sort of vaguely reminded me of your collab map with Purist from Interception. Well, maybe the computer screens near the red key looked a bit out of place, but no big. Wasn't put off by the new monsters or anything, and I thought the grey plasma rifle blasts and the marine's black gloves looked quite cool.

It is nice to see something with a little more meat to it from you, after so many very sedate little 'map 01 of a lost megaWAD' type affairs.

Why on earth does this wad rearrange the order of the ammo types in the ZDoom-specific HUD? Strange...

I agree with DOTW that the music selection is too light-hearted.

My only other note is to not use the lighter-colored wooden box textures. They're really bad looking. (The darker ones aren't great either, but at least they don't stick out like a sore thumb)

The ammo order stuff could be related to the chainsaw replacement scifista made for me (use IDKFA to see it): it is now a slow shooting plasma weapon.

I was using the midi from Requiem map12 before but changed it last minute before uploading to this inspiring song by Masayan. Maybe you remember him from elegy.wad and some 1994 Tune-up maps.