Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost

Recommend me a web host

My current web host will be closing down in a couple of days and transferring most of their client base (myself included presumably) to another provider I know nothing about. My account's also due to expire in 7 days, so this is probably as good a time as any to shop around for a new host should I decide to move. I'm not looking for anything fancy - cheap, reliable and the ability to host multiple domains are the main requirements. Any recommendations?

Crasger said:

GoDaddy.com
and HostGator.net

Are two hosts that seem trustworthy and cheap.

^^^ these two. I've had to deal with a lot of hosts with different clients. A lot of web hosts are shit, some are just blatant 'steal your credit card number and run.' But these two are the best I've dealt with over and over again.

Some hosts get so much spam that 5 GB per day is spam and its just a nightmare. You get charged for their mistakes that let your server become spam central. I've seen a lot of nightmares.

geo said:

Some hosts get so much spam that 5 GB per day is spam and its just a nightmare. You get charged for their mistakes that let your server become spam central. I've seen a lot of nightmares.

For this reason, I do not suggest webhostinghub. This is what I have now and the last year has been miserable, getting shut down once a month like clockwork because they don't seem capable of keeping the spambots at bay, and have the nerve of blaming me even though I've done every single thing they suggested.

Hosting24 was slightly better in that regard.

I'm moving hosts this January as well so this thread should be a good help.

All I've heard about GoDaddy were horror stories. Think this is the first time I've ever seen someone say something positive about them.