Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

20 Year Cacowards [where are they?]

@kmx It might be a good idea to make a news submission about the delays to keep everyone in the loop. Or something.

In the UK Doom''s been legal for two years and has legally been allowed to impse (can I make that a verb?!) for four. :P

I'm happy to wait a little longer. It's a yearly event so another wee while isn't much of an issue for me. Besides it might have got lost under the deluge of fun items and articles that Bethesda put out in celebration on the 10th...

Average said:

Besides it might have got lost under the deluge of fun items and articles that Bethesda put out in celebration on the 10th...

hehe

Let's not forget that last years Cacowards didn't appear until Christmas, due to the emcee failing to appoint a successor before being devoured by pinky demons (or something like that), so I'd say it's a bit soon to start panicking or handing out Mordeth awards.

Clonehunter said:

Maybe it's just gonna be really good. Like DNF

I bought and played that game. It was OK. But it wasn't deserving of the 14 year development time...

GreyGhost said:

Let's not forget that last years Cacowards didn't appear until Christmas, due to the emcee failing to appoint a successor before being devoured by pinky demons (or something like that), so I'd say it's a bit soon to start panicking or handing out Mordeth awards.

That was a painful event.

Scuba Steve said:

I would like to point out that from 2004-2010 it was always ready for upload by the 10th.

I was just thinking that.

Maybe cacowards will eventually devolve into what the /newstuff has, and just let anybody acquire a chance to speak about a notorious mapset just by claiming it - first come first serve style.

The reason is, when the only person responsible is yourself... you just do it. Everything falls apart when you have to rely on other people... shit happens. With the very first Cacowards I tried to do a committee and vote on awards. People were unreliable so I just picked every wad and wrote every review the following years. People bitched every year "blah blah Scuba sux this wad shouldn't be there" but nobody else bothered to do anything about it.

Props to kmxexii, He's getting it done. Nobody else stepped up to do it.

While I get that the 10th is important, I'm just grateful there's such a thing as Cacowards to begin with!

Scuba Steve said:

Props to kmxexii, He's getting it done. Nobody else stepped up to do it.

Heh, I tried writing up some articles last year. They're rotting somewhere in Post Hell, which is just as well considering I'm not the best of writers. It's kind of embarassing to look back on.

We want cacowards, because it is fun to read and there is a chance that the cacowards note some good pwad which I did not know about.

Aww. Looks like there won't be any Cacowards on my birthday as I'll be going to bed shortly. Oh well, I too am grateful that we have annual awards to begin with and it's better to have a late Cacowards than a crummy, rushed one I say! :)

I'm sure they will come before the 31st. There are still 2 weeks remaining in this year. Hopefully before TNS #441.

EvilNed said:
While I get that the 10th is important...

Huh?

Clonehunter said:

I think most everyone here knows what an Etch A Sketch is.

Well, I didn't, because its proper name is a Magic Screen. You damn English people.

Obsidian said:

Has he got more computer trouble?

World's slowest internet connection? Must be somewhere in outback Australia, and (if he's any sense) becoming a proficient Morse telephonist.