Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MALON

[Solved] Possible for player to use class from 2 diff wads?

So I made two different wads.

Wad #1:
Increases max player health (a new player class must be defined to do this)

Wad #2:
Made a friendly marine and turned his damage factor to 0 against the player (so he can't hurt the player).

The basic actor definitions are (both wads use this code):

DECORATE

actor MyPlayer : DoomPlayer
MAPINFO
GameInfo
{
	PlayerClasses = "MyPlayer"
}
KEYCONF
clearplayerclasses
addplayerclass MyPlayer

I tried changing one of the wads to use "MyPlayer2" but it seems that wad load order determines which player class is used. Is there a way to get both to play nice at the same time, without merging wads? I'd like them separate because sometimes I want to use one without the other.

Thanks!

I'd just like to point out that you don't need to use both the KEYCONF and MAPINFO ways to add a new player class, one of them will suffice. However, it's advised to use the MAPINFO one over the KEYCONF one, as it (KEYCONF way) is deprecated.

Cat God25 said:

The best (and only that i know of) solution is to 'merge' them into WAD #3.

Yeah, might be the only way. :(

Blue Shadow said:

I'd just like to point out that you don't need to use both the KEYCONF and MAPINFO ways to add a new player class, one of them will suffice. However, it's advised to use the MAPINFO one over the KEYCONF one, as it (KEYCONF way) is deprecated.

Yes, but ports like Zandronum can't use MAPINFO, so I was using both for max compatibility.

I solved it by using an ACS script to set APROP_SpawnHealth on the player when he entered the map, instead of going through DECORATE. This saved me from having to create a class solely for different health, thereby I now only have 1 player class.