Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Military Veteran in a standoff with police.

Military Veteran in a standoff with police.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/kenton-county/latonia/swat-team-on-scene-of-situation-in-latonia

This is happening.

COVINGTON, Ky. -- SWAT teams are on the scene of an ongoing standoff with a man police describe as a decorated military veteran.

The man barricaded himself inside a home on Michigan Avenue in the Latonia neighborhood of Covington at about 5 p.m. Saturday, according to Covington Police Chief Spike Jones. Jones said other people are believed to be inside the house with the man and police are concerned about their safety.

Jones said other people are believed to be inside the house with the man and police are concerned about their safety.

Too bad the police will undoubtedly kill them with him.

I could have killed 'em all, I could've killed you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it! Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go!

Here in Chicago there was a military veteran that was in a standoff with cops last week. He shot a cop in the neck and after a night long standoff, he just shot himself.

Maybe a voice in his head crackered and told him "You must kill the demons"...but what if the police tells him "No, you are the demons"?

This country badly needs funding if not more to help homeless and mentally disturbed/traumatized military veterans.

Mr. Chris said:

This country badly needs funding if not more to help homeless and mentally disturbed/traumatized military veterans.

First step would be to end all the dirty wars and conflicts that crate the mental health issues in the first place. So many people in the states claim to support their troops and veterans, but are all to quick to support the government when they wants to "go in and get the bad guys." Then they turn right around and wonder why so many of our vets comeback home with PSTD and other issues. All people need to do is lend our service men and women an honest ear and they will quickly learn the reality of the situation.

Satyr000 said:

First step would be to end all the dirty wars and conflicts that crate the mental health issues in the first place. So many people in the states claim to support their troops and veterans, but are all to quick to support the government when they wants to "go in and get the bad guys." Then they turn right around and wonder why so many of our vets comeback home with PSTD and other issues. All people need to do is lend our service men and women an honest ear and they will quickly learn the reality of the situation.

The thing is, we, as a nation, have developed bad associations with anything even remotely anti-war as a result of protests during the Vietnam war. Personally, I totally agree that supporting the troops should mean wanting to bring them safely home and/or not send them off to fight in pointless conflicts in the first place. However, many people think that being anti-war means you hate the troops who do the actual fighting.

Honestly, if I didn't know better, I'd say there was some sort of conspiracy to ensure that protesting war is associated with hating the soldiers who fight the wars. And actually, I've heard that even during the Vietnam war, anti-war protesters weren't nearly as hateful to returning soldiers as is often portrayed. I have no idea, I wasn't there, but I could totally see those stories being pushed just to make anti-war demonstrators look bad.

geekmarine said:

And actually, I've heard that even during the Vietnam war, anti-war protesters weren't nearly as hateful to returning soldiers as is often portrayed. I have no idea, I wasn't there, but I could totally see those stories being pushed just to make anti-war demonstrators look bad.

There was one majot difference back then, though: the Vietnam war was the last major conflict (or the last conflict, period) that the USA fought with the use of conscripts, so protesting against the war also had other implications (e.g. draft dodging), and being sent in Vietnam could occur without being a professionally enlisted soldier, and against your own will. Let's see how well that would go down today (hint: not at all. Even countries that maintain conscription usually limit or prohibit the use of conscripts in international missions).

No wonder it's harder to find support for troops today: in theory, they are all enlisted professionals/volunteers that chose the military as a career, so whatever happens to them, "they had it coming, and got PAID for it". Quite a different situation from some guy unwillingly recruited and sent to fight in some foreign hellhole, leaving everything behind.

They may rank a notch up in sympathy than cops (whose "target" is their own fellow citizens), but unless one comes from a military familty or has a relative/friend currently enlisted, it's hard to really relate.